Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectArial voices and related stuff.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744&mesg_id=744
744, Arial voices and related stuff.
Posted by Quislet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know Krivohan and I can't be the only arial fans around. While I never liked his idea of making all arials chirp, I can see some arial voices being chirpy. Others could be screechy or melodious, depending on how the player sees the birdlike features of the race. Personally, I think an arial around other races might eventually lose that 'accent' if they socialized enough with other races, similarly to how a parrot gets better with practice at mimicking human speech.

To follow other examples Krivohan's given, not all dwarves would grumble and not all felar would growl, at least not all the time. How else would the races have distinctive ways of speaking without using the foreign words and accents that annoy so many?

I see some people use certain words or phrases with esay to make their character distinctive, and I like that. Especially when it's personally or racially oriented instead of just emotionally.

I welcome any opinions and comments on this, I'm sure not everyone will agree with me.