Subject: "very arduous / limited success" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74213
Show all folders

Crs250Mon 01-Jun-20 10:20 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2011
19 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74216, "very arduous / limited success"
Edited on Mon 01-Jun-20 10:21 PM

I recall playing with a mage of some sort, a Necromancer, I think it was, who over the course of several hundred hours managed to be partially successful on this as a transition to a healer. Was granted skills and an advanced healing ability, never practiced any necro spells for RP reasons past level 5 or such or not at all. Never used them once his arc started. I believe the most powerful ability he received was something unique, Hand of Order? Hand of Light? Something like that, which resembled lay on hands. I was playing a paladin at the time, and we carried him pretty hard through leveling and the Fortress looked out for him heavily given the redemption arc. I believe he deleted, a bit frustrated about the length of time he had spent working at it, having only received that skill and maybe a few minor sups. This was around 2010. I am nearly positive his pbf was published, but I don't recall his name. He was trying both redemption and class change, so if you go that route, you truly need to be a complete masochist.

I also recall there was an experienced veteran player who tried to do a race/class combo that didnt exist at the time, but makes sense could exist, such as a Felar Paladin - One of the forum regulars, and essentially, the advice given to him was email with the imms first and check in because some race/class combos wont work in the code, or if they do work not as you might expect. Plus it's similar to a redemption arc, where you get what you get, when you get it and dont do it because you think there is synergy to that combo, because it's going to potentially have very significant limitations versus your vision of the race/class combo. Ie that felar paladin might not be able to be a monk or even have a dedication or gain virtues. Expect that you will start with massive disadvantages and need to RP above and beyond others in terms of quality, effort, and you may only achieve the goal at old age or for a very limited time in your last hours of life.

I dont think that vet I recall was successful, I think he was offered to go from what he was to a shaman, and that wasn't to his liking. Believe this occurred after Amaranthe's role contest in which she assigned out roles to several players, so around 2012?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicChanging Classes After Character Creation [View all] , JDP, Sat 30-May-20 02:26 AM
Reply RE: Changing Classes After Character Creation, JDP, 02-Jun-20 03:42 PM, #6
Reply very arduous / limited success, Crs250, 01-Jun-20 10:21 PM #3
Reply Someone else can correct me., Ishuli, 30-May-20 07:34 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Someone else can correct me., lasentia, 01-Jun-20 07:43 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Someone else can correct me., Rahsael, 02-Jun-20 12:13 PM, #4
          Reply I'll add, Rahsael, 02-Jun-20 12:16 PM, #5
               Reply Can you comment on the elven assassin that was in battl..., rex spangler, 03-Jun-20 08:09 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: Can you comment on the elven assassin that was in b..., Rahsael, 03-Jun-20 08:55 AM, #8
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74213 Previous topic | Next topic