Subject: "RE: Someone else can correct me." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74213
Show all folders

RahsaelTue 02-Jun-20 12:13 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74217, "RE: Someone else can correct me."

It would be smart to get immortal approval BEFORE rolling if you plan to do something crazy like that. It's not something I'd recommend and it will test your patience for the reasons above AND because it's not something we like to hand out or encourage in the vast majority of cases.

It's tough because we have to enforce norms (would good-aligned high elves be normal if 1/3 who rolled wanted to become evil? would evil drow be normal if everyone could become Drizzt?). But we also want to encourage creativity and make sure everyone's having fun.

I think there is plenty of fun to be had within norms. If you're really dead set on doing something different, ie changing classes, races, alignments, whatever, expect it to take a lot of patience and expect never to be quite the same/as powerful as if you simply rolled that way.

tldr you need to be a masochist to do this.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicChanging Classes After Character Creation [View all] , JDP, Sat 30-May-20 02:26 AM
Reply RE: Changing Classes After Character Creation, JDP, 02-Jun-20 03:42 PM, #6
Reply very arduous / limited success, Crs250, 01-Jun-20 10:21 PM, #3
Reply Someone else can correct me., Ishuli, 30-May-20 07:34 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Someone else can correct me., lasentia, 01-Jun-20 07:43 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Someone else can correct me., Rahsael, 02-Jun-20 12:13 PM #4
          Reply I'll add, Rahsael, 02-Jun-20 12:16 PM, #5
               Reply Can you comment on the elven assassin that was in battl..., rex spangler, 03-Jun-20 08:09 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: Can you comment on the elven assassin that was in b..., Rahsael, 03-Jun-20 08:55 AM, #8
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #74213 Previous topic | Next topic