Subject: "For me personally." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73533
Show all folders

CointreauSat 14-Sep-19 09:09 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73542, "For me personally."

I don't have the time to dedicate to the game like I used to when I was younger and the result is that I play maybe one big character every couple of years (when I find a couple of weeks free to reach hero). This char will last a year or so, with me mainly playing weekends.

The key challenge is the initial grind, there is so much to do. Write a solid role, rank up, practice skills, empowerment, gather exp/obs experience (a personal hate of mine), potentially meet cabal hurdles (e.g. kill a mage). I don't really enjoy the game until I hit hero, so I try to get there (with all of the above grind) as quickly as possible.

I love big bonus days/weekends. I will literally cancel plans, avoid sleep, etc. to make the most of one and hopefully get a char up and running. Without these I probably wouldn't be playing now.

I understand that there are many players who have much more time available and will abuse this to multichar, create throwaways, etc. but I think the current standard grind is far too much for many players.

I'm not sure what the answer is, there needs to be some balance but I personally would greatly appreciate something to reduce the grind. Especially the exp/obs edge point grind, which tbh I don't even know if it is worth spending time on.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSomething to try to get more people playing CF [View all] , vorian, Thu 12-Sep-19 08:52 PM
Reply Ishuli, Incognito, Lasentia, vorian, 13-Sep-19 06:54 PM, #7
Reply For me personally., Cointreau, 14-Sep-19 09:09 AM #8
     Reply RE: For me personally., Shravthar, 14-Sep-19 03:56 PM, #9
          Reply There's no one to play with., Cointreau, 14-Sep-19 06:45 PM, #10
               Reply RE: There's no one to play with., Ishuli, 14-Sep-19 07:08 PM, #11
                    Reply On it., Swordsosaurus, 14-Sep-19 09:34 PM, #12
                         Reply lol this is a terrible ad., Cointreau, 15-Sep-19 01:01 AM, #13
                              Reply Roight, Swordsosaurus, 15-Sep-19 05:49 AM, #14
Reply Your solution does not really impact the grind, lasentia, 13-Sep-19 07:54 AM, #6
Reply Better solution., JohnEveryMan, 13-Sep-19 06:45 AM, #5
Reply Too simplistic, incognito, 13-Sep-19 01:12 AM, #4
Reply Disagree, robdarken_, 12-Sep-19 09:13 PM, #2
Reply RE: Disagree, vorian, 12-Sep-19 09:48 PM, #3
Reply No., Ishuli, 12-Sep-19 09:12 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73533 Previous topic | Next topic