Subject: "Your solution does not really impact the grind" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73533
Show all folders

lasentiaFri 13-Sep-19 07:54 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73540, "Your solution does not really impact the grind"

You're still stuck grinding out skill practicing, which would be made worse if you're having to do it at hero range with people who are actively looking to PK because they're done with that aspect of grinding. You still have the grind of gathering preps, gear, and regearing. The fact is, CF is a grind in most all facets, and most players know that. The RP that accompanies it is what makes it a bit more tolerable. The PK heavy guys still have to grind their gold and limited preps over and over, even if they don't often lose fights.

You're just switching one form of grinding for others really. The only way your idea works is if skill learning is similarly tripled, and preps are mitigated so there are less of them. And that's not going to happen. Part of why I always played bards was they were less grind dependent, and a village bard is actually really great just because of the no grind while still having pretty good "preps" so to speak through powers and songs.

I also believe you'd see more throw away characters with this in place, which does nothing to help the CF environment. In short, making power ranking available is not going to really help CF or bring people back. It's just going to allow existing players to create a few more throwaway characters, or be less invested overall because it's so easy to get back up to hero with a different build.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSomething to try to get more people playing CF [View all] , vorian, Thu 12-Sep-19 08:52 PM
Reply Ishuli, Incognito, Lasentia, vorian, 13-Sep-19 06:54 PM, #7
Reply For me personally., Cointreau, 14-Sep-19 09:09 AM, #8
     Reply RE: For me personally., Shravthar, 14-Sep-19 03:56 PM, #9
          Reply There's no one to play with., Cointreau, 14-Sep-19 06:45 PM, #10
               Reply RE: There's no one to play with., Ishuli, 14-Sep-19 07:08 PM, #11
                    Reply On it., Swordsosaurus, 14-Sep-19 09:34 PM, #12
                         Reply lol this is a terrible ad., Cointreau, 15-Sep-19 01:01 AM, #13
                              Reply Roight, Swordsosaurus, 15-Sep-19 05:49 AM, #14
Reply Your solution does not really impact the grind, lasentia, 13-Sep-19 07:54 AM #6
Reply Better solution., JohnEveryMan, 13-Sep-19 06:45 AM, #5
Reply Too simplistic, incognito, 13-Sep-19 01:12 AM, #4
Reply Disagree, robdarken_, 12-Sep-19 09:13 PM, #2
Reply RE: Disagree, vorian, 12-Sep-19 09:48 PM, #3
Reply No., Ishuli, 12-Sep-19 09:12 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73533 Previous topic | Next topic