Subject: "RE: Item Limits (IMM Request)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72876
Show all folders

IshuliFri 19-Apr-19 01:45 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72878, "RE: Item Limits (IMM Request)"

There is more top tier gear than ever before, so I think the base concept is just factually off here.

I can't confidently speak to the amount of gear available vs limits.

There is a lot of good gear that is very easy to get, and again more than ever before in CF's history.

So just on the fundamental basis being incorrect in my mind, I'm against this.

If folks are frustrated about losing gear, it's definitely about whether or not gear is available - it ALWAYS is given the current amount available. Maybe not that ONE piece you want, but there are a ton of comparable/alternate/potentially-better ones.

So in my mind the goal would be a shift in mindset, not mechanics. Fulling used to be the norm, it happens now less than ever before, folks loot each other less than ever before. So if you are STILL seeing complaints about looting, I think it has a LOT more to do with a player's sensitivity than it does to any actual problem existing.

And personally, I'm not a fan of diluting CF to appeal to sensitivities like that. I LOVE it when folks are less conservative, get into scuffles, fight it out, kick some hiney or get their hiney kicked! I tend to die a ton, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But yeah, I don't think there is a problem with item limits.

I can totally understand the frustration of dying and being looted. It has happened to be countless times. But that's CarrionFields! Ain't no Hello Kitty Island .

-Ish

Shamelessly stolen from a DF comic:

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicItem Limits (IMM Request) [View all] , Wasted, Fri 19-Apr-19 01:13 PM
Reply Low numbers hits twice..., Saagkri, 20-Apr-19 05:40 PM, #11
Reply RE: Item Limits (IMM Request), Ishuli, 19-Apr-19 01:45 PM #2
Reply I like that comic. Did u do it yourself? Nt, k-b, 19-Apr-19 03:55 PM, #4
Reply RE: I like that comic. Did u do it yourself? Nt, Ishuli, 19-Apr-19 04:41 PM, #5
Reply RE: Item Limits (IMM Request), Demos, 19-Apr-19 10:37 PM, #6
Reply Having played 5 warriors and n the last several weeks....., Lhydia, 20-Apr-19 05:44 AM, #7
     Reply Probably being hoarded by one of Jalim’s thieves..., Homard, 20-Apr-19 09:06 AM, #8
          Reply Are you saying..., robdarken_, 20-Apr-19 09:17 AM, #9
Reply , TJHuron, 20-Apr-19 10:34 AM, #10
Reply RE: Item Limits (IMM Request), SomeCurrentPlayer (Anonymous), 21-Apr-19 04:57 PM, #12
Reply I'd rather they didn't, incognito, 19-Apr-19 01:43 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I'd rather they didn't, Wasted, 19-Apr-19 02:53 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72876 Previous topic | Next topic