Subject: "As the person sharing the same IP address, I will apologize." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72604
Show all folders

HatersauceFri 08-Mar-19 02:14 AM
Member since 08th Mar 2019
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72619, "As the person sharing the same IP address, I will apologize."
Edited on Fri 08-Mar-19 02:18 AM

It was not my intention, nor my roommate's(at least to my knowledge) to cause any problems. I've been pulled to the realm of the dead before for so-called perma-grouping, though I think just about every time I have been, nothing came of it as it was simply, we happened to be on and started ranking. There was no gear sharing, or OOC communication, as though we knew what one another were thinking, i.e. using out of game communication. I understand Perma has been a big thing in the past, and I am sure it is still a huge problem. But those aren't people sharing an IP address anyway, they are just on Discord or whatever program they are using. But Logically, both IC and OOC, I couldn't be bothered to try to rank after that. I was basically told, stop traveling with these people who are 4 levels above me, level 22 compared to my at the time 18, and to venture with other people. The only other people in my range were around level 12. It would make no sense for my character to say, "Hey it's been fun, but I am going to go travel with these people who are going to be WAY less efficient." I'm not bitching about it, I already deleted that shifter, it's in the garbage for me, so I am not pissy or holding any ill will. I understand why it happened. I think it is effin' hilarious that, despite there being no proof of it, neither of us had any idea that we were in the same house or that the players behind had any link whatsoever. (Although, as soon as we got ROTD'd, I pretty much immediately knew why, there was nothing else about that situation other than that I happened to group with my roommate. But to be fair, someone actually asked to travel with my shifter that didn't have a form, so I was quite happy. Lol.)

This situation did blow up far more than it needed to, though there is a definite, in my opinion, discussion to be had about people trying to help other people into the game. I am not a New player by any means. I was playing this game in my university computer lab back in 2001 and really enjoyed it for a very long time, probably up until 2013 or 14 or such. The game has changed a lot in that time, a lot of it has been for the good, as the game does seem more accessible to new or returning players. But there is still a LOT lacking when it comes to newer players, or those who have been gone a while.

As an aside, it was my own stupidity that pushed me to roll up a mage, a shifter, at the time. And, to my knowledge, I did not roll at the same time as my roommate. I rolled a day or two prior, and had been trying to do quests to get to a decent level, but I can never remember certain ones, anyway. I always liked them as a good class to just get back into the swing of things and enjoy a bit of the game. But, I do not have the veteran prep knowledge, so I will never be competent, much less competetive, at or near end game. But I still like to see what forms I might get, maybe I will get something I haven't had yet.

I am sure this post is far longer than it needs to be, but as the other player involved in the matter, I figured maybe I should offer my two coppers.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicI owe some people an apology [View all] , Onewingedangel, Thu 07-Mar-19 09:24 AM
Reply As the person sharing the same IP address, I will apolo..., Hatersauce, 08-Mar-19 02:18 AM #9
Reply Thank you., ice king, 08-Mar-19 01:38 AM, #7
Reply Wise words. Cosign. (nt), Bemused, 08-Mar-19 02:05 AM, #8
Reply Thumbsup, robdarken_, 07-Mar-19 02:47 PM, #6
Reply RE: I owe some people an apology, Ishuli, 07-Mar-19 10:02 AM, #1
     Reply My issue in such a case, Onewingedangel, 07-Mar-19 10:06 AM, #2
          Reply RE: My issue in such a case, Ishuli, 07-Mar-19 10:19 AM, #3
               Reply Let me be clearer, Onewingedangel, 07-Mar-19 10:49 AM, #4
                    Reply RE: Let me be clearer, Ishuli, 07-Mar-19 10:52 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72604 Previous topic | Next topic