Subject: "I actually submitted an area idea" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69099
Show all folders

mageThu 23-Nov-17 08:35 AM
Member since 05th Apr 2008
248 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69309, "I actually submitted an area idea"

Several years ago, I submitted an area idea to expand upon the planes concept, similar to the concept of Sigil: The City of Doors, complete with a grid map, NPC descriptions, and room descriptions for several significant rooms, plus a few for rooms with more generic, cookie-cutter descriptions. Along with this idea, I also conceived of expanding the current elemental planes, basically using the elemental aspects of Planar Sanctum as simple transition gateways which would lead you to a whole new area, each one being its own plane according to its element, with legendary elemental cities accordingly. Each elemental plane could also be reached via the "Sigil-like" area, as well as potentially from the Elemental Temple, which would be similarly expanded along with the elemental planes (Could be included in the accompanying story arc prior to the opening of the new areas), and possibly a connection from the Tower of Sorcery to the "Sigil-like" area as well.

The "Sigil-like" area wasn't 100% fleshed out, but certainly had more than the bare bones. Unfortunately, none of the staff at the time seemed interested in picking it up. This was during the time when there was a big push to rewrite/revamp old, dreary areas to make them fresh and new (prior to Arboria revamp, Arial City revamp, and some others for which I'm now drawing a blank).

On a SLIGHTLY different note, I also worked up the bare bones and a bit more for a "Skull Port" concept of an area, beneath Galadon. An undercity of sorts for all manner of ne'er do wells, with the Galadon city guards being obviously opposed to such things happening beneath their streets, and criminals occasionally showing up in the city from down below. The red dragon being captured and harnessed as an energy source for the undercity, to provide flames for forging and keeping the undercity warm and dry. The Slayer and the Enforcer could also be tied in to the interplay story between the two areas, and perhaps even the Mayor of Galadon with hints that he's being somehow blackmailed or bullied into becoming an unwilling stooge of the criminals below.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPlanar Sanctum Bugs/Bad Design/WTF? [View all] , Tac, Thu 12-Oct-17 09:30 AM
Reply Just to answer a little bit, but not all of it., Ishuli, 12-Oct-17 11:58 AM, #1
     Reply Are we going by DnD rules now?, Tac, 12-Oct-17 12:20 PM, #2
          Reply Sometimes., Ishuli, 12-Oct-17 12:39 PM, #3
          Reply I actually submitted an area idea, mage, 23-Nov-17 08:35 AM #8
          Reply Sanctum is fine, Kstatida, 13-Oct-17 03:13 AM, #4
               Reply Thank you for the feedback, Tac, 13-Oct-17 10:19 AM, #5
                    Reply Its a cool area., Lhydia, 13-Oct-17 12:50 PM, #6
                         Reply Criticism can be tough..., Saagkri, 14-Oct-17 02:24 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69099 Previous topic | Next topic