Subject: "Mace specs." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #666
Show all folders

GaenlinSun 06-Apr-03 01:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#666, "Mace specs."

Couple of us were talking about what is the most consistent spec, and we all agreed that mace tends to be the most consistently good for what it can do. I've played a few of them before and the consensus seems to be that the skills hit a whole lot (if perfected), and compared to axe's skills, mace is a lot better.

I'm not complaining about this, really, I'm not. Mace gets a nasty lagging attack (cranial), a really nasty malediction attack (boneshatter) and drum isn't too bad either, not to mention that dent isn't completely useless.

compare this to axe, the other spec that I kinda see as nearly purely offensive. Axe is great, but with the changes to pincer, it's not nearly as consistent as mace for lagging. Weaponbreaker's still a great skill and whirl's pretty good, but it pales to boneshatter's effectiveness (the modifiers are much more with the boneshatter). I can see how axe is somewhat balanced, but mace's consistency might need some downgrading. A boneshatter's pretty hard to prep against, given both the affects that it does at hero (it's not too bad though at any other level). I see that you're balancing a whole lot of other things, so I figured I'd comment on this one.

Just some thoughts.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMace specs. [View all] , Gaenlin, Sun 06-Apr-03 01:17 PM
Reply RE: Mace specs., ORB, 07-Apr-03 07:20 AM, #3
Reply I dont agree, Korran, 07-Apr-03 02:37 AM, #2
Reply A couple of points, Nightgaunt_, 07-Apr-03 02:31 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #666 Previous topic | Next topic