Subject: "Mace specs." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #666
Show all folders

GaenlinSun 06-Apr-03 01:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#666, "Mace specs."

Couple of us were talking about what is the most consistent spec, and we all agreed that mace tends to be the most consistently good for what it can do. I've played a few of them before and the consensus seems to be that the skills hit a whole lot (if perfected), and compared to axe's skills, mace is a lot better.

I'm not complaining about this, really, I'm not. Mace gets a nasty lagging attack (cranial), a really nasty malediction attack (boneshatter) and drum isn't too bad either, not to mention that dent isn't completely useless.

compare this to axe, the other spec that I kinda see as nearly purely offensive. Axe is great, but with the changes to pincer, it's not nearly as consistent as mace for lagging. Weaponbreaker's still a great skill and whirl's pretty good, but it pales to boneshatter's effectiveness (the modifiers are much more with the boneshatter). I can see how axe is somewhat balanced, but mace's consistency might need some downgrading. A boneshatter's pretty hard to prep against, given both the affects that it does at hero (it's not too bad though at any other level). I see that you're balancing a whole lot of other things, so I figured I'd comment on this one.

Just some thoughts.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ORBMon 07-Apr-03 07:20 AM
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#674, "RE: Mace specs."
In response to Reply #0

After just playing an axe spec I can add some insight. Whirl's affects on stats seemed to be upped some. I believe it can now subtract -6dex/-6str, not too shabby. Pincer can go either way, I can't tell you how many times I would scream when it would miss for the finish. Though now if you don't lag them,your not lagged for the full 3 which makes it much nicer. Disembowel rules, it's so much better now and very useful against a/b/s users. Weaponbreak is good too. So I can't agree that mace is a lesser spec to axe, even if mace is slightly more reliable. I think mace should be left alone. If anything spec's like staff/spear and polearm should be brought up to snuff.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

KorranMon 07-Apr-03 02:37 AM
20 posts
#672, "I dont agree"
In response to Reply #0

I cant agree with your axe specs being unreliable theory. I mean sure pincer is somewhat less consisntant to cranial. But cranial can be stopped by sizes and all, I mean how often do you see a gnome cranial a giant?

Where as save from an invoker shield pincer CANNOT be stopped no matter what, except maybe when affected by a bard song. If it hits properly it can do OBSCENE damage as well as ALWAYS lagging two rounds. Personally I love pincer. Then you play down whirl and say its crap. Thats bollocks, whirl is nice as. It does good damage just like boneshatter and it also does maledictions. I cant see how you dont like it. Weapon breaker is da bomb in my eyes. I mean screw dirt disarm, lets just break there weapon and screw them over. Who likes having their nice precious weapons broken? No one. thats the good thing. Disembowel speaks for itself and overhead can be totally brutal. Have you ever had a giant axe spec with a mondurin axe do an overhead to a sleeping gnome? Until you have then you havent truly seen the awesome power in overhead.

Couple all these with the fact that only a hand full of classes can learn axe at all and the fact its alot harder to parry then mace. I actually prefer it over mace now adays.

But then again this is my thoughts and all

Nightgaunt_Mon 07-Apr-03 02:31 AM
188 posts
#671, "A couple of points"
In response to Reply #0

With the recent upgrades Disembowel is a very good skill, everyone seems to use it.

Pincer have several advantages over cranial, most notable is the fact while raiding and not hitting the target you can still do quite alot of damage with pincer.

Whirl is not that good, but it has its uses and as the other skills are very nice(damn you weaponbreaker for destroying armageddon).

So now axes are quite a good and popular spec also..

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #666 Previous topic | Next topic