Subject: "As a random follow up" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #45686
Show all folders

lasentiaSat 09-Jun-12 10:01 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45708, "As a random follow up"

Maybe sewing could be used to add minor stats to non-limited gear (has to be clothing classI think to use it)?

For example, a char has a pair of nonlimited gloves. A tailor can weave into it to alter the description, but they also have an ability to select 1 thread type. (and they would need to gather the resource to create the material- so I ask the tailor and he could tell me I'll need X,Y and Z to do that- it generates small player driven personal quests and personal rewards)

A few suggestions would be:
Mana imbued threading: +1 to 15 mp
Hardened Leather: +1 to 15 hp
Razor Wire: +1 to 2 dam
Platinum filigree -1 to -5 save spell
Dragon scale: -1 to -5 save breath
Ilithid skin: -1 to -5 save mental
Phase spider silk: -5 to -10 save paralysis
Spun mithril: -5 to -15 AC
Woven Hair from a displacer beast: +1 to 2 dex

Nothing to give the gear vast improvements stat wise- but enough to make people seek out this type of gear and to encourage utilization of the sewing skill. Plus it can turn always present regear items on par with some basic noteworth items that are not always available- but it requires a little extra effort. And some of the better threading options would require more effort to obtain- i.e. killing a displacer beast.

Just making a suggestion since I liked herald so much and want to see the cabal make a comeback of sorts which this might help stir up.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicArtistry [View all] , A wanderer (Anonymous), Fri 08-Jun-12 07:34 PM
Reply RE: Artistry, Amaranthe, 09-Jun-12 01:36 AM, #1
     Reply Sewing is pretty awesome, lasentia, 09-Jun-12 08:32 AM, #2
          Reply As a random follow up, lasentia, 09-Jun-12 10:01 AM #3
               Reply I love this idea., Artificial, 09-Jun-12 03:46 PM, #4
                    Reply I like that too. n/t, Alston, 09-Jun-12 08:43 PM, #5
                    Reply And by timer, I meant till it crumbles. nt, Artificial, 10-Jun-12 07:00 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #45686 Previous topic | Next topic