Subject: "Artistry" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #45686
Show all folders

A wanderer (Anonymous)Fri 08-Jun-12 07:34 PM
Charter member
#45686, "Artistry"

New to the whole Herald thing, any tips on using decorate and such I know I cant do the complicated things yet...Just trying to figure out how it works in general..keeps asking me for keywords and such. A better general context of how to enter would be nice.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Artistry, Amaranthe, 09-Jun-12 01:36 AM, #1
     Reply Sewing is pretty awesome, lasentia, 09-Jun-12 08:32 AM, #2
          Reply As a random follow up, lasentia, 09-Jun-12 10:01 AM, #3
               Reply I love this idea., Artificial, 09-Jun-12 03:46 PM, #4
                    Reply I like that too. n/t, Alston, 09-Jun-12 08:43 PM, #5
                    Reply And by timer, I meant till it crumbles. nt, Artificial, 10-Jun-12 07:00 AM, #6

AmarantheSat 09-Jun-12 01:35 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45695, "RE: Artistry"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 09-Jun-12 01:36 AM

The new description must contain a keyword of the item of origin. The item must be type miscellaneous, trash, or treasure, if I recall.

Keep in mind, decorate is for aesthetic purposes only, not gear. If I recall, decorate removes any wear properties (unlike sewing). So, if you have "a silver crown" that is item type treasure that can be worn on the head, you can decorate it, but the item will no longer be wearable (I think). Heralds with the "sewing" talent can alter wearable items to a limited extent (cloth, clothing, etc.)

The primary purpose for decorate is to create RP props and Inn decorations.

lasentiaSat 09-Jun-12 08:32 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45703, "Sewing is pretty awesome"
In response to Reply #1

Since a lot of quest gear is not limited (which I thought was the key to having something being sewable) they can be altered.

My herald had a pair of bracers for example for pretty much 400 hours. Neltouda saw me, took them, and gave them some cool description. Didn't change the attributes or that I could wear them, just made them look unique.

And I thought that was a very nice touch, something I would actually like to see more of. A custom tailor in herald would get a lot of use I think- even if he could only do it to non-limited gear which is generally not as powerful as limited gear. (so as to not disguise what limited item it actually is)

Ie. I would probably find a passable piece of non-limited eq and have it embroidered with my char's family crest or something for RP purposes, even if it meant giving up the stats from slightly better gear.

lasentiaSat 09-Jun-12 10:01 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45708, "As a random follow up"
In response to Reply #2

Maybe sewing could be used to add minor stats to non-limited gear (has to be clothing classI think to use it)?

For example, a char has a pair of nonlimited gloves. A tailor can weave into it to alter the description, but they also have an ability to select 1 thread type. (and they would need to gather the resource to create the material- so I ask the tailor and he could tell me I'll need X,Y and Z to do that- it generates small player driven personal quests and personal rewards)

A few suggestions would be:
Mana imbued threading: +1 to 15 mp
Hardened Leather: +1 to 15 hp
Razor Wire: +1 to 2 dam
Platinum filigree -1 to -5 save spell
Dragon scale: -1 to -5 save breath
Ilithid skin: -1 to -5 save mental
Phase spider silk: -5 to -10 save paralysis
Spun mithril: -5 to -15 AC
Woven Hair from a displacer beast: +1 to 2 dex

Nothing to give the gear vast improvements stat wise- but enough to make people seek out this type of gear and to encourage utilization of the sewing skill. Plus it can turn always present regear items on par with some basic noteworth items that are not always available- but it requires a little extra effort. And some of the better threading options would require more effort to obtain- i.e. killing a displacer beast.

Just making a suggestion since I liked herald so much and want to see the cabal make a comeback of sorts which this might help stir up.

ArtificialSat 09-Jun-12 03:46 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45721, "I love this idea."
In response to Reply #3

Would need some more restrictions probably, maybe rot death or a very long timer maybe.

Would drive more people to the inn

AlstonSat 09-Jun-12 08:43 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#45737, "I like that too. n/t"
In response to Reply #4

ASefa

ArtificialSun 10-Jun-12 07:00 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#45740, "And by timer, I meant till it crumbles. nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #45686 Previous topic | Next topic