Subject: "You take them for your own, for starters..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4238
Show all folders

CassmanWed 31-Mar-04 11:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4239, "You take them for your own, for starters..."

That's the thief's version anyway.

I found it useful in two ways.
First, I would find someone that was in my range, and probably hunting (me) and bribe it away, and then attack them. This worked great against mages, because their first command was usually 'order rescue', which of course didn't work, and if they didn't realize I'd taken their Merc, they might use a couple of trip/cheapshot free moments on this.

Secondly, I loved going to killfests, and upon seeing a merc fullloot someone, I would promptly bribe it away, and take the loot for my own. I recall once that I missed the bribe, but was following, and by the time the guy settled somewhere out of the way to finally sort through the stuff, I had stolen most of it, then succeeded the bribe, and walked away with the rest. He yelled for awile, while I sat in my guild sorting through his fine loot.

That all being said. It failed about 90% of the time, and I never, never, ever improved upon it, except at a ranking. I even hired friends to help me by buying mercs and letting me try and bribe them. Had a nice little thief circle at one point working on it too, but not one of us improved at it once.

-Cassman-
-Cassman-

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhat's the point of mercenary bribe skills? [View all] , ORB, Wed 31-Mar-04 08:51 AM
Reply Basically, Romanul, 31-Mar-04 09:01 PM, #3
Reply RE: What's the point of mercenary bribe skills?, Valguarnera, 31-Mar-04 12:40 PM, #2
Reply RE: What's the point of mercenary bribe skills?, ORB, 31-Mar-04 11:22 PM, #4
     Reply RE: What's the point of mercenary bribe skills?, Valguarnera, 01-Apr-04 12:41 AM, #5
Reply You take them for your own, for starters..., Cassman, 31-Mar-04 11:55 AM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4238 Previous topic | Next topic