Subject: "RE: Please do not take this the wrong way." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #416
Show all folders

KarelMon 17-Mar-03 11:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#439, "RE: Please do not take this the wrong way."

First off, I never had an axe. When ever I hear someone mention unholy blessing it is always somehow connected to axes. It does work on other weapons. Perma friends? I never have perma anything. I admit it is more likely to see me with a few of a certain group than others. I happen to be a cabaled AP, more than likely you'll find me with the same cabal mates if I am with someone. If you mean I was always with someone instead of when I was with someone it was always the same people, I don't think so. I could be mistaken, Karel was awhile ago and Stargher for all intent and purposes was a flop. However, my play style rarely changes much, one of my signature limitations. If it's a raid (offense or defense) situation, it's likely someone will be along. If I am hunting, especially with an AP, I try to get my solo-joy in. I know for a fact most of my best fights were one on one, or even number of bodies with Karel. Of course everyone has their own view of things, and unless you keep the same hours as someone (frankly not many people really play my hours) and are constantly at their side, your perma-friends, you really can't know everything and anything about that person. Hence all the differing posts about people in the battlefield. But as I said, everyone has their view of things, and to them it is always the right one. This is just mine.

As for giving advice...I don't really believe I was giving any. I don't really think I usually do, except the occasional advice to grow a set of balls to some people. I was somewhat longwindedly trying to say that maybe the class is simply hard for a reason. Way I see it, the evil classes are inherently harder to play, as I think it should be, it sets loose the proverbial flotsam. While at the same time offers greater long-term rewards. Ya, necros have their asses handed to them on fairly regular basis through most of their life unless their targets are idiots or they're pretty skilled. Yet who wants to tangle with a lich alone really? APs have a hell of a time getting all those charges and controls, yet you think of the heavy hitters, even excluding the ones with "perma-friends", and you think of a person most people don't want screw with alone. A paladin is a paladin, who cares how many virtues he has. An AP is anywhere from your typical mortal to a fist of Hell. That was what I was attempting, obviously unsuccessfully, to convey in my post.

Try not to take this as a defensive post, because I really don't feel slighted or offended by your post. I just try to reply to posts, agree, disagree or to simply clarify.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicUnholy Blessing Concern [View all] , Angel of Death, Sun 16-Mar-03 02:40 PM
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Valguarnera, 16-Mar-03 03:59 PM, #4
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Boldereth, 16-Mar-03 07:13 PM, #5
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Yanoreth, 16-Mar-03 11:04 PM, #6
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Boldereth, 19-Mar-03 12:08 AM, #16
     Reply Wherein I am vague (surprise!), nepenthe, 19-Mar-03 01:47 AM, #17
          Reply possibly something like, incognito, 19-Mar-03 04:46 AM, #18
          Reply RE: possibly something like, Zulghinlour, 19-Mar-03 05:00 AM, #19
               Reply RE: possibly something like, incognito, 19-Mar-03 03:36 PM, #21
                    Reply And now in my sober state...I understand., Zulghinlour, 19-Mar-03 03:41 PM, #22
                         Reply That's all fine and grand but, Angel of Death, 19-Mar-03 07:20 PM, #23
                              Reply RE: That's all fine and grand but, Valkenar, 20-Mar-03 12:31 AM, #24
                                   Reply No, it only makes number crunching sense. nt, Angel of Death, 20-Mar-03 02:49 AM, #25
                                        Reply No., Valguarnera, 20-Mar-03 03:38 AM, #26
                                             Reply You misunderstood me., Angel of Death, 20-Mar-03 03:00 PM, #27
                                                  Reply RE: You misunderstood me., Ululari, 20-Mar-03 04:39 PM, #28
                                                  Reply Kill who you want, they'll make more., Quislet, 21-Mar-03 01:15 AM, #29
          Reply Joinin' in the guessing..., Laries, 19-Mar-03 11:55 AM, #20
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Krivohan, 16-Mar-03 11:10 PM, #7
Reply Fractions., Valguarnera, 17-Mar-03 03:55 AM, #9
     Reply when you say expectation., incognito, 17-Mar-03 01:20 PM, #11
          Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 17-Mar-03 06:32 PM, #12
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Angel of Death, 17-Mar-03 01:16 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Valguarnera, 17-Mar-03 03:58 AM, #10
Reply charges, incognito, 16-Mar-03 03:31 PM, #2
Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 16-Mar-03 03:49 PM, #3
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Karel, 16-Mar-03 03:05 PM, #1
     Reply Please do not take this the wrong way., permanewbie, 17-Mar-03 08:33 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Please do not take this the wrong way., Karel, 17-Mar-03 11:57 PM #14
          Reply By the way..., Karel, 18-Mar-03 12:27 AM, #15
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #416 Previous topic | Next topic