Subject: "RE: Unholy Blessing Concern" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #416
Show all folders

Angel of DeathMon 17-Mar-03 01:16 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#424, "RE: Unholy Blessing Concern"

>Unfortunately, the entire essence of the ap is to crush
>the weak and take advantage of their weakness while they can
>and now, they get no reward from it. The code basically
>encourages ap's to gangbang more powerful people who they
>could not normally kill themselves, something I don't think
>many people are fans of.

>
>I don't get this.
>
>In other words, you'd like to repeatedly pick off the newbiest
>player you can find, but you have some problem with going
>after an experienced player 2-on-1?

No, I like to roleplay and pick off the anti-thesis of my class (eg. storm giants) repeatedly if possible (not just kill everything that moves in a desperate quest for charges). I leave the equipment of my victims so that they can come after me and we can fight again once they unghost. (Makes it funner for the both of us and I would a think a good thing to do for cf as a whole). I wouldn't say cabaled paladins and shamans are the newbiest of players so I don't think it is right for me to get no charges from these players because we are natural enemies and fight each other very often.
Basically your code indicates to me that I should fully sac all the equipment of these players because if they come after me again within a short time, I have nothing to gain soul wise but everything to lose (especially if they come after me in groups which is what is happening now, i.e. three camo'd sylvans summoning me into the copse of trees on the eastern road).
Your code tells me that what I should be doing is taking everything from these people so that I cause them to log off in frustration so I have fewer threats and hopefully can get a charge from them a couple days later when they do log back on. This just isn't my style and I don't think many people would enjoy this.
What I am saying is that the ap should be rewarded for slaying his anti-thesis time and time again (they do have the option of logging off or avoiding you afterall), not be punished by possibly dying and not growing in power from another conquest if they do come after you.

I still believe it entirely natural for an ap to crush an opponent while he is weak (soon after death) and as I said, he has nothing to gain from this anymore.

And yes, I would rather kill that storm giant repeatedly (one on one be he experienced or newbiish) than be forced to gangbang powerful people in large groups (I find no sport in this) and I think I am not alone when I say that I wish this aspect of the game could be eliminated.

In my case (I don't know about other ap's) I must disagree when you say that the average charge is greater than one because in over fifty kills (many random and cabaled), I have gotten two charges only once and no charges over ten times. I would have to think that everyone I have killed, with the exception of one, would not have been below average.

By the way, when you say the average is greater than one, are you indicating that there are partial charges so that if I kill someone once, get no charge, then kill him 30 minutes later, the two charges may add together to give me a full charge on my second kill...or that of all the ap's out there who can collect souls (what, all two of them?) the other ap is getting two charges more than they get no charge? In this case I will have to speak with him.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I still think something needs tweaking but as always, it is ultimately up to you all to decide. Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicUnholy Blessing Concern [View all] , Angel of Death, Sun 16-Mar-03 02:40 PM
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Valguarnera, 16-Mar-03 03:59 PM, #4
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Boldereth, 16-Mar-03 07:13 PM, #5
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Yanoreth, 16-Mar-03 11:04 PM, #6
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Boldereth, 19-Mar-03 12:08 AM, #16
     Reply Wherein I am vague (surprise!), nepenthe, 19-Mar-03 01:47 AM, #17
          Reply possibly something like, incognito, 19-Mar-03 04:46 AM, #18
          Reply RE: possibly something like, Zulghinlour, 19-Mar-03 05:00 AM, #19
               Reply RE: possibly something like, incognito, 19-Mar-03 03:36 PM, #21
                    Reply And now in my sober state...I understand., Zulghinlour, 19-Mar-03 03:41 PM, #22
                         Reply That's all fine and grand but, Angel of Death, 19-Mar-03 07:20 PM, #23
                              Reply RE: That's all fine and grand but, Valkenar, 20-Mar-03 12:31 AM, #24
                                   Reply No, it only makes number crunching sense. nt, Angel of Death, 20-Mar-03 02:49 AM, #25
                                        Reply No., Valguarnera, 20-Mar-03 03:38 AM, #26
                                             Reply You misunderstood me., Angel of Death, 20-Mar-03 03:00 PM, #27
                                                  Reply RE: You misunderstood me., Ululari, 20-Mar-03 04:39 PM, #28
                                                  Reply Kill who you want, they'll make more., Quislet, 21-Mar-03 01:15 AM, #29
          Reply Joinin' in the guessing..., Laries, 19-Mar-03 11:55 AM, #20
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Krivohan, 16-Mar-03 11:10 PM, #7
Reply Fractions., Valguarnera, 17-Mar-03 03:55 AM, #9
     Reply when you say expectation., incognito, 17-Mar-03 01:20 PM, #11
          Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 17-Mar-03 06:32 PM, #12
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Angel of Death, 17-Mar-03 01:16 AM #8
     Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Valguarnera, 17-Mar-03 03:58 AM, #10
Reply charges, incognito, 16-Mar-03 03:31 PM, #2
Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 16-Mar-03 03:49 PM, #3
Reply RE: Unholy Blessing Concern, Karel, 16-Mar-03 03:05 PM, #1
     Reply Please do not take this the wrong way., permanewbie, 17-Mar-03 08:33 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Please do not take this the wrong way., Karel, 17-Mar-03 11:57 PM, #14
          Reply By the way..., Karel, 18-Mar-03 12:27 AM, #15
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #416 Previous topic | Next topic