Subject: "RE: Maybe, but, that still doesn't have anything to do with mechanics, beside..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37256
Show all folders

blackbirdSat 12-Mar-11 08:37 AM
Member since 04th Sep 2009
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#37313, "RE: Maybe, but, that still doesn't have anything to do with mechanics, beside..."

I'm not arguing mechanics, don't honestly care. As it stands, evil has a more limited access to support characters, which fits the align/class themes and balance of CF. This may be a big or not-so-big part of it.

You say you "just don't see any reason why it can't be done", but do you have a reason that it should/must be done, besides the fact that they have voices, the ability to write, and that there are paintings in K'Teng's?

You could certainly use your imagination, and attempt to RP a dark-elf "bard", just like many other characters have used the rp angle of "stuck in one class, yearning to be another". Bard doesn't fit dark-elf rp as I've always seen it: instead of singing/"art-ing" about tragic, depressing, chilling, dark, cruel ####, you instead go out and make it happen. Dark-elves are kind of go-getters like that. I see art as a secondary pursuit/consideration, if it's considered at all, for their kind. Seems more racial, therefore inherent, than cultural/learned. But now this is semantics. Like it always was. Or something.

Why do you have such a huge boner for dark-elf bards? Generally, unpickable race/class combos are bad fits for lore, mechanics, or balance reasons. Sure, there's been an elf necromancer, and other examples. But... who cares?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhy can't drow be bards? [View all] , TJHuron, Fri 04-Mar-11 09:12 AM
Reply 16 charisma, lasentia, 05-Mar-11 07:02 PM, #1
     Reply RE: 16 charisma, MoetEtChandon, 05-Mar-11 07:57 PM, #2
     Reply RE: 16 charisma, TJHuron, 06-Mar-11 03:33 PM, #3
          Reply RE: 16 charisma, lasentia, 06-Mar-11 03:44 PM, #4
               Reply I see what you are saying, but, I disagree, TJHuron, 11-Mar-11 10:48 AM, #5
                    Reply I think your analogy is a little off, Homard, 11-Mar-11 01:51 PM, #6
                         Reply RE: I think your analogy is a little off, Artificial, 11-Mar-11 02:11 PM, #7
                         Reply Regardless of the analogy..., TJHuron, 11-Mar-11 02:42 PM, #8
                         Reply I'm starting to come around to your POV, Homard, 11-Mar-11 04:59 PM, #10
                              Reply RE: I'm starting to come around to your POV, TJHuron, 11-Mar-11 05:28 PM, #11
                                   Reply My guess:, blackbird, 11-Mar-11 06:35 PM, #12
                                        Reply Maybe, but, that still doesn't have anything to do with..., TJHuron, 11-Mar-11 06:54 PM, #13
                                             Reply RE: Maybe, but, that still doesn't have anything to do ..., blackbird, 12-Mar-11 08:37 AM #15
                                                  Reply RE: Maybe, but, that still doesn't have anything to do ..., TJHuron, 13-Mar-11 01:36 PM, #19
                         Reply One more thing, TJHuron, 11-Mar-11 04:35 PM, #9
                         Reply I really probably should have gone drow :) NT, Jindicho (Anonymous), 11-Mar-11 09:29 PM, #14
                              Reply Why Jindicho should NOT have gone Drow., Homard, 12-Mar-11 02:38 PM, #16
                                   Reply I was a big fan of him too., lasentia, 12-Mar-11 03:21 PM, #17
                                   Reply You misunderstood..., Jindicho (Anonymous), 12-Mar-11 04:56 PM, #18
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37256 Previous topic | Next topic