Subject: "Questing for experience." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3403
Show all folders

GaenlinTue 06-Jan-04 01:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3403, "Questing for experience."

How about giving "useless" ranking classes the chance to quest for experience? Maybe in the form of.. you do X quest, you get a level. Playing certain classes requires that you wait around for long periods of time just trying to get someone to take the hits for you - it's very stressful and just plain annoying if you aren't lucky enough to be playing the right alignment/class at the right time.

Perhaps this is why it's good to have a permagroup of friends to rank you - if I didn't have some form of ethics, I'd be doing this a lot more. However, if you don't have friends, it doesn't encourage you to play anything but a man-at-arms class. Sitting around isn't fun. Sitting around doesn't really encourage progress. There's only so much practicing and waiting you can do with one character before you delete, otherwise you do have some form of mental illness, as was previously hinted at with the botting topic.

So, again, the questing option comes up - because it's an alternate way for those classes to get past the hard ranks. Perhaps this could be implemented, perhaps not. Otherwise, you will see more and more of the man-at-arms domination and less of the harder-to-rank classes.

Regards.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuesting for experience. [View all] , Gaenlin, Tue 06-Jan-04 01:44 AM
Reply Chances of having a 'Quest-merchant' some where ?, Cassman, 17-Jan-04 01:33 PM, #14
Reply pull the lever, get a quest...no (n/t), Zulghinlour, 17-Jan-04 01:57 PM, #15
Reply RE: Questing for experience., Hutto, 06-Jan-04 01:20 PM, #5
Reply RE: Questing for experience., Isildur, 06-Jan-04 10:39 AM, #3
Reply Allow me to disagree a little., Hutto, 06-Jan-04 01:14 PM, #4
Reply RE: Allow me to disagree a little., Isildur, 06-Jan-04 05:48 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Allow me to disagree a little., nepenthe, 07-Jan-04 06:19 PM, #10
          Reply I like orcs and aps in my group but, incognito, 07-Jan-04 06:36 PM, #11
          Reply Are you implying.., Mayaletha, 07-Jan-04 11:10 PM, #12
               Reply RE: Are you implying.., nepenthe, 08-Jan-04 12:42 AM, #13
Reply RE: Questing for experience., incognito, 06-Jan-04 01:27 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Questing for experience., Isildur, 06-Jan-04 06:01 PM, #8
          Reply let me put it this way, incognito, 06-Jan-04 08:01 PM, #9
Reply I have to wonder which ranks you are referring to as di..., Theerkla, 06-Jan-04 07:41 AM, #2
Reply All alignments/classes can get experience for quests.., Sevarecan, 06-Jan-04 01:59 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3403 Previous topic | Next topic