Subject: "RE: No." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #336
Show all folders

josiah (inactive user)Mon 10-Mar-03 11:12 PM
Charter member

Yes, I have played an empowered character. ~200 hrs on the character. Although I asked through prayer for guidance, I never received any. I tried to develop something, and I only received immteraction once. (for the empower).

I am not complaining about the experience. I have nothing respect for the immstaff, I got what I wanted out of the character.

On the other hand, I would like to point out that help religon pulls up the help sphere file. The responses I've received from you, are the first clarificatoins I've had concerning the distinction between sphere's and religon. Thanks for the clarification, please consider making seperate religon and sphere helpfiles. Something to the nature of, "Religon is the responsibility of players."

I don't think that cabals are very religious. They seem more like groups of people who have the same political goals. Ragers hate magic, and that might be misconstrued as religious, but...I think it has been established that mages gather magic from their surroundings. Mages don't have to pray to get their magic. The rager hatred is more akin to a racial hatred.

There are no organized religons on CF. I am a big fan of cathedrals, with fervant followers. I think it is wrong to expect players to come up with this stuff on their own. Nobody wants more cabals. We do need some help coming up with some infrastructure to support religons. We do not want a single player character responsible for starting a religon... No matter how good their roleplay, that is WAAAaaayy too much to give to any body.

So basically, I'd like to see churches/temples devoted to worship of certain religons. There needs to be an incentive for players to follow these religons... Maybe tattoos and empowerment come a little bit easier for followers of organized religon. HEey! They're told how to act, and they know who to goto for help, and they can give tithes (oooh, that's an easy way to measure devotion)..

People are fighting for no reason. Add religon in, and we've got more, fabulous, ROleplay!

In all honesty, players wandering around all on their lonesome is not very religious or realistic. Historically, religon is used for political power. The masses want to be led! =)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicReligon? Is it dead? [View all] , josiah (inactive user), Mon 10-Mar-03 03:49 PM
Reply In a way I like the idea but, Nightgaunt_, 11-Mar-03 05:39 AM, #14
Reply RE: In a way I like the idea but, Valguarnera, 11-Mar-03 02:06 PM, #15
Reply I encourage you to keep posting here, not anywhere else..., DwE, 10-Mar-03 07:07 PM, #3
Reply No., Valguarnera, 10-Mar-03 05:37 PM, #2
Reply RE: No., josiah (Anonymous), 10-Mar-03 11:12 PM #4
     Reply RE: No., Valguarnera, 11-Mar-03 01:35 AM, #6
     Reply .That's not organized religon, though., josiah (Anonymous), 11-Mar-03 01:37 AM, #7
          Reply RE: .That's not organized religion, though., Valguarnera, 11-Mar-03 01:54 AM, #8
          Reply Okay =) Different strokes for different folks. (nt), josiah (Anonymous), 11-Mar-03 02:08 AM, #9
          Reply Stop wasting your time Valg., ORB, 11-Mar-03 02:16 AM, #11
               Reply RE: Stop wasting your time Valg., josiah (Anonymous), 11-Mar-03 02:38 AM, #12
                    Reply RE: Stop wasting your time Valg., Valkenar, 12-Mar-03 01:02 AM, #17
          Reply my dogma just pissed in your rosaries., shokai, 11-Mar-03 02:11 AM, #10
     Reply RE: No., Quislet, 11-Mar-03 06:42 PM, #16
Reply RE: Religon? Is it dead?, incognito, 10-Mar-03 04:30 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Religon? Is it dead?, josiah (Anonymous), 11-Mar-03 12:23 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Religon? Is it dead?, incognito, 11-Mar-03 05:01 AM, #13
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #336 Previous topic | Next topic