Subject: "RE: Is it poor roleplaying...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3120
Show all folders

Evil Genius (inactive user)Tue 02-Dec-03 06:53 AM
Charter member

>1.a) ...to take advantage of demon-faced talismans to use
>no_remove weapons?

Good question, my thinking on this topic is usually from the POV of 1.b. I'm not sure but i think i have to go with yes, it's ok.
If characters understand what a cursed weapon is and how losing strength disables a cursed weapon i see it working. Of course in book terms i imagine it's a bigger deal than going and chopping down one creature for his item :>

>1.b) ...for a good aligned (or Sylvan?) character to take
>advantage of demon-faced talismans to use no_remove
>weapons?

I would be uncomfortable.

>2) ...to tell your groupmate not to sacrifice the mob's
>limited weapons while leveling because you know they'll return
>without the weapons?

Not a situation i've really come across before, i'm not usually terribly bothered about saccing a mobs gear after i've killed it.

>3.a) ...to know know questy stuff with characters that have
>never been to that quest area?

Yes/No. We shouldn't really, but it's a giant pain in the ass and feels daft to have to breeze through the steps pretending you didn't know what they are in advance.

>3.b) ...to know general game knowledge?

I have no issue with this, it just implies you know a lot, may have travelled in your non-adventuring days. I balk at showing extreme knowledge of other classes, especially if you have know way of knowing. The best i can do is throw out vague comments (Can't you do one of those throw type moves i've seen others of your guild use?)

>4) ...for a gnome to kill gnomes of Hillcrest for that
>gnome only sword?

I always find that one wrong, but i don't know why. Humans kill humans all the time. For some reason i set a different standard for humans...

>5) ...to know zilch about the leader of your cabal because
>you are never on at the same time as them?

That's just sad, i guess it reflects on how IC interactions go on. Characters who's times overlap you and the leaders should be able to pass on info and you should hear of his heroic deeds or some stuff. I guess it's just the way people think of players more than characters.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIs it poor roleplaying.... [View all] , Hutto, Mon 01-Dec-03 04:53 PM
Reply RE: Is it poor roleplaying...., Boldereth, 02-Dec-03 03:05 PM, #4
Reply RE: Is it poor roleplaying...., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 02-Dec-03 06:53 AM #3
Reply I don't think so., fleshofchaos, 02-Dec-03 12:58 AM, #2
Reply RE: Is it poor roleplaying...., Mayaletha, 02-Dec-03 12:42 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3120 Previous topic | Next topic