Subject: "Is it poor roleplaying...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3120
Show all folders

HuttoMon 01-Dec-03 04:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
234 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3120, "Is it poor roleplaying...."

Is it poor roleplaying....

1.a) ...to take advantage of demon-faced talismans to use no_remove weapons?

It seems very thick on game mechanics knowledge, and thin on a roleplaying approach to weapons and armor. Yet, maybe these talismans sapping the strength needed to hold onto a weapon is something people in a medieval fantasy world would think about.

1.b) ...for a good aligned (or Sylvan?) character to take advantage of demon-faced talismans to use no_remove weapons?

I don't know about CF, but in AD&D there is a lot of lore about demon's and their talismans. Using them to reduce strength doesn't seem right.

2) ...to tell your groupmate not to sacrifice the mob's limited weapons while leveling because you know they'll return without the weapons?

Your first thought is to destroy, but in Thera it actually works to your advantage to leave them lying on the ground.

3.a) ...to know know questy stuff with characters that have never been to that quest area?

I've never known what to make of this. Should our characters not know what phrase to say to invoke unique object X, or how to gain entrance to area Y? Should our characters know what various equipment does? Should our characters have to pretend to relearn the steps through Hell each time we go? Should we know how dangerous certain areas are, and how to minimize that danger?

3.b) ...to know general game knowledge?

Should a level 1 with a hometown of Udgaard know the way to Balator? Should a level 1 know the stats on pale skull rings and wide copper bracelets? Should a character of one class intimately know the skills of another class and the usefulness of those skills?

4) ...for a gnome to kill gnomes of Hillcrest for that gnome only sword?

Ok, I know the answer to this one... but... but...

5) ...to know zilch about the leader of your cabal because you are never on at the same time as them?

One of those unavoidable problems, I suppose.

Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak

P.S. Vynmylak: Do you mind me using this quote from you?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIs it poor roleplaying.... [View all] , Hutto, Mon 01-Dec-03 04:53 PM
Reply RE: Is it poor roleplaying...., Boldereth, 02-Dec-03 03:05 PM, #4
Reply RE: Is it poor roleplaying...., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 02-Dec-03 06:53 AM, #3
Reply I don't think so., fleshofchaos, 02-Dec-03 12:58 AM, #2
Reply RE: Is it poor roleplaying...., Mayaletha, 02-Dec-03 12:42 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3120 Previous topic | Next topic