Subject: "I don't think so." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3120
Show all folders

fleshofchaosTue 02-Dec-03 12:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
133 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3127, "I don't think so."

>1.a) ...to take advantage of demon-faced talismans to use
>no_remove weapons?

Of course not. That, in my opinion, is the character using their knowledge, plus common sense, to reach their goals.

>1.b) ...for a good aligned (or Sylvan?) character to take
>advantage of demon-faced talismans to use no_remove
>weapons?

I don't see why it would matter. If the person can wear the item, (no anti-good tag, etc.) then what is the harm. Like the above, they are using their intellect.

>2) ...to tell your groupmate not to sacrifice the mob's
>limited weapons while leveling because you know they'll return
>without the weapons?

hhmmm... Interesting. This one is a bit different. I have never come across this problem, mainly because I don't automatically sacrifice every piece of equipment that a mod leaves. But then, if the object is still lying there when the creature returns, I would assume it would simply pick it's weapon back up.

>3.a) ...to know know questy stuff with characters that have
>never been to that quest area?

Of course not! Do you really want to relearn everything every time you create a new character!? To learn how to get from place to place again, to go through the inane act of asking every stupid question you already know the answer to? To have to ask where to practice, train, where your guild is, where this town is, how to get to this place, how to get back!? To research every cabal or religion you want to join all over again? That would just be silly. It's a fantasy world, so naturally your past lives would effect your current one... just think of it as reincarnation, only here, you somewhat do have knowledge of your past lives... to an extent.

>3.b) ...to know general game knowledge?

See above... also, what is the point of having a helpful webpage with general information about the mud, if your just going to have to ask it all in game?

>4) ...for a gnome to kill gnomes of Hillcrest for that
>gnome only sword?

But... but, what?! Would a human not kill a human, JUST because thier are human? Better yet, would a drow? An arial? or any other race? If Thera is real life for our characters, look at real life for us? Do we not kill each other, regardless of the fact that we are both human? Granted it would be a little unrealistic for EVERY gnome to do it probably, but that doesn't mean that there aren't crazy gnomes out there, running down the street screaming at the top of their lungs, swinging their sword like a mad man.

>5) ...to know zilch about the leader of your cabal because
>you are never on at the same time as them?

Why, if you are never both on at the same time, would you know anything about them, short of what you have heard. This falls into taking IC information from one character, into another character. (i.e. having two characters is different cabals, to make a perfect example) If you two never meet, never talk, never see each other, then I wouldn't think you should know anymore about them than what you have heard.

>Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

fleshofchaos

"Do not merely practice Art, but penetrate to the very heart of it. For only Art and Science elevate man to the Godhead." Ludwig Van Beethoven

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIs it poor roleplaying.... [View all] , Hutto, Mon 01-Dec-03 04:53 PM
Reply RE: Is it poor roleplaying...., Boldereth, 02-Dec-03 03:05 PM, #4
Reply RE: Is it poor roleplaying...., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 02-Dec-03 06:53 AM, #3
Reply I don't think so., fleshofchaos, 02-Dec-03 12:58 AM #2
Reply RE: Is it poor roleplaying...., Mayaletha, 02-Dec-03 12:42 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3120 Previous topic | Next topic