Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #20788
Show all folders

MekantosFri 14-Mar-08 01:08 AM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20790, "Invest too much effort to throw one away"

Invest enough effort in a role, interactions, and being a general "mover and shaker" that you cannot fathom deleting the character for at least 400 hours.

Go pray to an Imm even if you aren't an empowerment class. Work on getting the Tattoo. Try to make things happen with the game, instead of just existing inside of it. Set a goal that isn't likely to succeed until late-game (Emperor. Chancellor. Captain. Commander. Etc.)

But set multiple goals, so if one is lagging or doesn't work out, you still have other stuff to shoot for.

Be dynamic! CF is completely unpredictable because you are playing with/against other people. Be open to changing your goals, and don't make your character into a static blueprint that can never be altered from the first step you take in the Academy.

Slow down! ENJOY the various ranks! If you think invokers get hosed in the 20's, GO KILL SOME PEOPLE in the 20's and feel badass (I did, and it was fun!). Then that badass feeling might help spur you forward during the lulls.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhy can't I hero? [View all] , colospgsbryan, Thu 13-Mar-08 11:40 PM
Reply RE: Why can't I hero?, Daevryn, 14-Mar-08 07:44 AM, #5
Reply Invest too much effort to throw one away, Mekantos, 14-Mar-08 01:08 AM #2
Reply RE: Endless mob killing, _Magus_, 14-Mar-08 12:19 AM, #1
     Reply Mausoleum in the twenties will blast you past some leve..., Theerkla, 14-Mar-08 05:03 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Endless mob killing, Daevryn, 14-Mar-08 07:40 AM, #4
          Reply I'd say the difference is...., Tac, 14-Mar-08 08:21 AM, #6
               Reply RE: I'd say the difference is...., Isildur, 14-Mar-08 11:39 AM, #7
               Reply Yeah, agreed., Eskelian, 31-Mar-08 08:52 AM, #8
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #20788 Previous topic | Next topic