Subject: "Explanation of number 4." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #190
Show all folders

BolderethSun 17-Mar-02 11:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#194, "Explanation of number 4."

What I meant by routing is more that you foresee where your opponent will be, strategize leading them into situations favorable towards you, prepare to fight them where they are by estimating where they "should" be etc. For instance, if I were to route a foe, lets say a Tribunal summoner, I might choose to pick a fight with the enforcer when the Tribunal isn't a threat isn't close to me or whatever, and lead him out of town. Then go back in and fight him without the aid of that. Or I routed my foes into bashing me in that log on Dio's by leaving it open, I forced them into a situation that I wanted them, namely, overlagging themselves and blindly doing something without thinking. That is IMHO what routing is, getting them to do what you want them to, not so much getting off first strangle, I would consider that more #3 as far as once you intend on killing them and have the opportunity, the battle IMHO has begun, even if its not in "Round" mode. Once you land that jack or even attempt it, battle is on.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPk-Poll: [View all] , Boldereth, Sun 17-Mar-02 03:24 AM
Reply RE: Pk-Poll:, The Mass, 17-Mar-02 06:35 PM, #3
Reply RE: Pk-Poll:, Valguarnera, 17-Mar-02 02:17 PM, #2
Reply RE: Pk-Poll:, Uncle Bob, 17-Mar-02 11:49 AM, #1
     Reply Explanation of number 4., Boldereth, 17-Mar-02 11:00 PM #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #190 Previous topic | Next topic