Subject: "RE: Pk-Poll:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #190
Show all folders

Uncle BobSun 17-Mar-02 11:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#193, "RE: Pk-Poll:"

I assume by 4, you include such things as jacking and sleep. I would say a combination of preparations and picking your battle are way up there. (Picking battle meaning, getting off a sleep, a jack, a strangle, etc.)

Some cabal powers in some case fall under luck (did the rager get off a few extra deathblows, counterspell, volley, etc.). That's tough..., but I would say good preps will, if you're really competent (unlike myself) can offset many mechanics(3). So, my picks:
4 (if includes 'first attack')
5 (Luck might play a bigger part, but I'm trying to assume that the 'powers that be' have taken as much of the luck element out of it as possible. Although to have a very close battle and have some villager standing there doing nothing get off a deathblow or two at the end, that can be frustrating. I.e., no amount of preps can prepare you for such an instance, although I'm sure this could be argued.)

Just my thoughts, I find I have much to learn on some of the nuances of pk fights; one of the things I love about this game so much. It's just not easy to mop the floor...unlike any other game where you learn the 'tricks'.

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPk-Poll: [View all] , Boldereth, Sun 17-Mar-02 03:24 AM
Reply RE: Pk-Poll:, The Mass, 17-Mar-02 06:35 PM, #3
Reply RE: Pk-Poll:, Valguarnera, 17-Mar-02 02:17 PM, #2
Reply RE: Pk-Poll:, Uncle Bob, 17-Mar-02 11:49 AM #1
     Reply Explanation of number 4., Boldereth, 17-Mar-02 11:00 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #190 Previous topic | Next topic