Subject: "Pk-Poll:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #190
Show all folders

BolderethSun 17-Mar-02 03:24 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#190, "Pk-Poll:"

For some reason I can't use the forums to make a generic poll, so here goes with one like this:

Topic: What is in your opinion the most important aspect of a PK fight to wind up on top at the end in general, strategy wise?

1) Preparations
2) Class set/Cabal powers/Race
3) Mechanics used during combat.
4) Routing of foe/ambush.
5) Blind luck.

Imms as well feel free to include their opinions, I used to personally think that 1 and 3 were probably the highest on the list, now however I'm believing more that 4 is the highest, however feel free to agree/disagree and state your opinion.

Likewise I'm going to ask that you chalk up which except 5 is hardest to actually do in game, I'm going to state 3 because it is quite easy to screw up in combat with all the text spam, they say no plan withstands contact with the enemy, whats your own opinion?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The MassSun 17-Mar-02 06:35 PM
74 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#191, "RE: Pk-Poll:"
In response to Reply #0

I would say preparation is the single greatest factor you can have to win a PK fight. To me, this includes planning beforehand what skills/spells you are going to use in fight as well as putting up your defensive abilities and whatnot. If you have time to prepare, and your opponent does not, the fight should not even be close. If you both have time to prepare, I think it's simply a matter of who prepared better. I suppose I'm talking about roughly level 40 characters here, because things are different at the low ranks, where sometimes no amount of preparation will win you the fight.

ValguarneraSun 17-Mar-02 02:17 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#192, "RE: Pk-Poll:"
In response to Reply #0

Re: The polling software: We turned it off. It was being used for evil.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Uncle BobSun 17-Mar-02 11:49 AM
166 posts
#193, "RE: Pk-Poll:"
In response to Reply #0

I assume by 4, you include such things as jacking and sleep. I would say a combination of preparations and picking your battle are way up there. (Picking battle meaning, getting off a sleep, a jack, a strangle, etc.)

Some cabal powers in some case fall under luck (did the rager get off a few extra deathblows, counterspell, volley, etc.). That's tough..., but I would say good preps will, if you're really competent (unlike myself) can offset many mechanics(3). So, my picks:
4 (if includes 'first attack')
5 (Luck might play a bigger part, but I'm trying to assume that the 'powers that be' have taken as much of the luck element out of it as possible. Although to have a very close battle and have some villager standing there doing nothing get off a deathblow or two at the end, that can be frustrating. I.e., no amount of preps can prepare you for such an instance, although I'm sure this could be argued.)

Just my thoughts, I find I have much to learn on some of the nuances of pk fights; one of the things I love about this game so much. It's just not easy to mop the floor...unlike any other game where you learn the 'tricks'.

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."

BolderethSun 17-Mar-02 11:00 PM
197 posts
#194, "Explanation of number 4."
In response to Reply #1

What I meant by routing is more that you foresee where your opponent will be, strategize leading them into situations favorable towards you, prepare to fight them where they are by estimating where they "should" be etc. For instance, if I were to route a foe, lets say a Tribunal summoner, I might choose to pick a fight with the enforcer when the Tribunal isn't a threat isn't close to me or whatever, and lead him out of town. Then go back in and fight him without the aid of that. Or I routed my foes into bashing me in that log on Dio's by leaving it open, I forced them into a situation that I wanted them, namely, overlagging themselves and blindly doing something without thinking. That is IMHO what routing is, getting them to do what you want them to, not so much getting off first strangle, I would consider that more #3 as far as once you intend on killing them and have the opportunity, the battle IMHO has begun, even if its not in "Round" mode. Once you land that jack or even attempt it, battle is on.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #190 Previous topic | Next topic