Subject: "RE: Equipment vs. Character descriptions." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1708
Show all folders

QuisletSat 19-Jul-03 03:59 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1716, "RE: Equipment vs. Character descriptions."

>On countless occasions, I've seen characters with descriptions
>describing excessive amounts of clothing and other temporary
>items, that shouldn't be there.

When it comes to including gathered gear in one's desc, I agree, it's out of place. However, a personal item that isn't something gathered in the game seems fine, like a signet ring or fancy cloak pin. Mentioning personal or favored colors for clothes might be stretching it a little, but I can see it being made to work. What about something questionable but workable like an emblazoned shield? I once put a heraldic crest on my healer's shield, with the angle that I painted each shield as I got it. At this point, it's questionable by what you've said, but most people would still find it to be fine.

>ex.
>"So and so has long black hair, a scar running down his
>cheek and a chin larger than Leno. He wears immaculate
>silver platemail and a long black cape. Within hish and
>is a large claymore"

You don't like the inclusion of the plate, cape, and blade, but you're fine with a mention of Jay Leno? The man doesn't exist inside the game.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicEquipment vs. Character descriptions. [View all] , Dano, Sat 19-Jul-03 12:21 AM
Reply RE: Equipment vs. Character descriptions., Quislet, 19-Jul-03 03:59 PM #2
Reply RE: Equipment vs. Character descriptions., Zulghinlour, 19-Jul-03 12:49 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1708 Previous topic | Next topic