Subject: "Equipment vs. Character descriptions." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1708
Show all folders

DanoSat 19-Jul-03 12:21 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#1708, "Equipment vs. Character descriptions."

Hey there.

On countless occasions, I've seen characters with descriptions describing excessive amounts of clothing and other temporary items, that shouldn't be there.

ex.
"So and so has long black hair, a scar running down his
cheek and a chin larger than Leno. He wears immaculate
silver platemail and a long black cape. Within hish and
is a large claymore"

Then when I look at him, he's wearing a practice dagger
and colourful pants from Aldevari jesters.

Also, to further extend on this, if he were actually wielding a claymore and that spiffy platemail, if he were to have something simple such as getting disarmed happen to him, it would prove his description false and inacurate.

My question is, is equipment out of character imbodiments, or are they suppose to be in character?

Thanks alot for your time.

-Dano, IC extremest.

"There's three ways to do something: The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power Way."

"There's three ways to do something: The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power Way."
-Max Power

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicEquipment vs. Character descriptions. [View all] , Dano, Sat 19-Jul-03 12:21 AM
Reply RE: Equipment vs. Character descriptions., Quislet, 19-Jul-03 03:59 PM, #2
Reply RE: Equipment vs. Character descriptions., Zulghinlour, 19-Jul-03 12:49 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1708 Previous topic | Next topic