Subject: "RE: Realism" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1636
Show all folders

AlaminoreSun 13-Jul-03 08:58 PM
Member since 07th Jul 2003
61 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1638, "RE: Realism"

Yes, I understand that it is a fantasy mud, but at the same time... Thera is full of realism itself. It's actually quite realistic, for a fantasy MUD, if you consider it. Everyone is still bound by basic things, like gravity. You can't fly unless you have wings or some sort of magical potion. You can't use flails unless you're trained to use flails, otherwise you don't know which end is up or down.

Oh well. I spent about three years roleplaying on a MUCK (devoted simply to roleplay, no killing of things) and I think I got a little stuck up on it from that. I've been trying not to let it bug me too much but I personally feel (and this is just a personal thing here) that there's something to be said for someone who can roleplay a "human" and not someone who has god-like abilities. That is, someone who isn't a god being able to do... god-like... things. Yeah.

I'll be quiet now like a good little gnome. =)

-------- Alaminore, Of Course! --------

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRoleplaying Realism [View all] , Alaminore, Sun 13-Jul-03 06:16 PM
Reply Realism, Gherian, 13-Jul-03 08:13 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Realism, Alaminore, 13-Jul-03 08:58 PM #2
          Reply to expand what Gherian said..., shokai, 13-Jul-03 09:56 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Realism, Ululari, 14-Jul-03 11:10 AM, #4
               Reply Excellent rp is like a good characterization in a novel, Gwyn, 18-Jul-03 03:51 PM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1636 Previous topic | Next topic