Subject: "Realism" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1636
Show all folders

GherianSun 13-Jul-03 08:13 PM
Member since 22nd Jun 2003
33 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1637, "Realism"

The major point of my reply is going to be this is a fantasy roleplaying game. Fantasy is a break from reality. Now granted, alot of things are geared to be as realistic as possible, as much as a land of magic, dragons, demon and gods can be. Why can a bard do acrobatic feats? Maybe it's a pastime of his. I have known people who never trained in gymnastics who would show off with a backflip. Ok, not a triple backflip onto an unsteady stool. The feasibility of a person's roleplay is for the most part their choice. If they feel they are capable of such a feat, then I suppose they are, so long as it doesn't take the option of another's roleplay away, such as the emote of landing a kick midway through those flips that breaks someone's neck. Unlimited food? Well, it is a popular inn, and as such constant deliveries are likely to take place, much like the unending supply of alcohol. A dry bar is an out of business bar. Why don't you see that detail? Maybe it's too boring to show the labor hauling crates through the inn every two minutes. Maybe it's meant to be left to your own imagination on why the food and drinks are always available. Maybe it was even just an oversight. At some point realism has to take a back seat to enjoyment, otherwise everyone would be firmly rooted in the real world, where swords are decorations and magic might make a good movie.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRoleplaying Realism [View all] , Alaminore, Sun 13-Jul-03 06:16 PM
Reply Realism, Gherian, 13-Jul-03 08:13 PM #1
     Reply RE: Realism, Alaminore, 13-Jul-03 08:58 PM, #2
          Reply to expand what Gherian said..., shokai, 13-Jul-03 09:56 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Realism, Ululari, 14-Jul-03 11:10 AM, #4
               Reply Excellent rp is like a good characterization in a novel, Gwyn, 18-Jul-03 03:51 PM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1636 Previous topic | Next topic