Subject: "The sac command" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1392
Show all folders

ScrimbulSat 21-Jun-03 11:08 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#1449, "The sac command"

get all corpse

drop 1.;sac 1.

etc.

I've done it, had it done to me, personally it doesn't bother me but I am a little concerned as to what will be done with or about it if anything. I have opposing opinions on it and hold both:

It doesn't make sense that a player's items can be simply destroyed or even a sacrifice can be perfomed *mid-battle* on a weapon with no lag whatsoever.
It doesn't add anything to the game balance-wise.

On the same token I can see where it's important for the mud and things it needs to keep track of. It can be used as an RP tool, and especially a good way to destroy and recirculate limited items. However it is used more often to set back a player in a fashion that really shouldn't be possible.

My suggestion (other than the most favorable, removing it and leaving autosac on) is to put a one or two round lag on the command even if it can still be used mid battle. This destroys the advantage of disarm/sac 1.

Better yet, don't allow the sacrifice command to be used unless your adrenaline is no longer pumping. This gives the calm needed to meditate for a sacrifice (as what you're sacrificing to never really mattered)

A third option, which is kind of zany, is to have the command send the things either to the sacrificier's pit or something similar. But any limited items or items more than three levels above their own wouldn't be sent there. Corpses, carrion and food type items that can't be worn are still destroyed as normal.

Anyway, I'm curious as to what the opinion is on it because it doesn't make sense that you can refuse players gear totally except by getting it from the mobs all over again. Hiding the items accomplishes the same thing while allowing a chance to get it back, and keeping them for yourself involves some risk to your person. It doesn't bother me, but it sure does bother other people and it does seem like a form of cheating, or at least too cheap to be reasonable, when I think about it. It's a really big source of player v player animosity OOCly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTwo things [View all] , Scrimbul, Thu 19-Jun-03 12:33 AM
Reply Any thoughts? n/t, Scrimbul, 24-Jun-03 02:13 PM, #7
Reply Hope this helps, Narissa, 18-Jun-03 11:42 PM, #1
     Reply I would guess Autosac..., Cassman, 20-Jun-03 02:50 PM, #2
     Reply The sac command, Scrimbul, 21-Jun-03 11:08 AM #3
          Reply Written word doesn't become true once written. Be caref..., prs, 21-Jun-03 11:41 AM, #4
               Reply RE: Written word doesn't become true once written. Be c..., Scrimbul, 21-Jun-03 12:21 PM, #5
               Reply Sacrifices, Ululari, 21-Jun-03 08:16 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1392 Previous topic | Next topic