Subject: "My 'normal' post for Voogle." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1049
Show all folders

DallevianWed 14-May-03 02:11 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1620 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1049, "My 'normal' post for Voogle."

This has to do with ranking post 40 in regards to alignment. I've gone up both ways quite a bit, and I definately have to say that being good is so much easier to hero. And it doesn't really have anything to do with alignment, but moreso on availability of areas and the classes generally played.

Most healer types (it seems), are good. A few neutral. Even less evil (except for the current influx of Empire healers). This is also true for bards. It's just the nauture of the class and who it appeals to, I guess. Having someone in a group to heal really makes ranking much more fluid (less risks, keep going longer). Need I mention paladins, too? Gah, super tanks with heal and sanctuary. And there seems to be like 9 hero pallies on any given night (Warning: Exaggeration (Slightly)).

Good aligned characters also have more locations to choose from that better suit the variance of groups. Shadar, Aridhol, Arboria, Mount Calandryl, Sahuagins, Pyramid, Thar Acacia, Sitran, and...uh, that's all I remember ever heroing at. Probably more though.

For evils, we have like...three places to go. Kiadana, RotD, and Aridhol. It's pretty tough to get a group able to take Thar Acacia, but I've done it before. Since spirits got nuked (half exp, unlimited swords, and rewielding disarm), storm giants still assist (at least you can summon some of them if high ranked enough), and Aridhol is always full of either ragers or goodies, there really isn't a good place to hero.

I don't think anyone is asking for heroing to be easier, but at least make it onpar alignment wise. I'm inclined to blame the availability of ranking options on why good has seemed to have thousands of heros around. Sure, they log off when a few Scion manage to get together at hero, but that's another post in itself.

I hope I'm not crying (or pissing) in the wind, but I just felt this was something useful to talk about. Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMy 'normal' post for Voogle. [View all] , Dallevian, Wed 14-May-03 02:11 PM
Reply advantages, Larshalv, 19-May-03 05:41 AM, #10
Reply RE: advantages, Valguarnera, 19-May-03 12:33 PM, #11
Reply RE: My 'normal' post for Voogle., Isildur, 17-May-03 11:39 PM, #8
Reply There has been internal discussion about this, Zulghinlour, 14-May-03 02:26 PM, #1
     Reply Oh, uh...cool., Dallevian, 14-May-03 03:12 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Oh, uh...cool., Zulghinlour, 14-May-03 05:58 PM, #3
               Reply One more., Dallevian, 15-May-03 02:08 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: One more., Valguarnera, 15-May-03 02:49 PM, #5
                    Reply RE: One more., Ululari, 17-May-03 08:03 PM, #7
                    Reply I agree, Anal_Retentive, 15-May-03 03:22 PM, #6
                         Reply And what about neutrals?, Quislet, 18-May-03 08:00 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1049 Previous topic | Next topic