Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3437
Show all folders

incognitoFri 09-Jan-04 07:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3442, "heh."

That reminds me when Drucyrus posted a web address of a dodgy site on Dios, and I looked at it, and it had a thread showing my gear (of Daurwyn) followed by a discussion of which site users would get what when they killed me (and they had agreed to kill me together). Sadly for them I died to a rager gang of four first and the whole lot got sacced.

What annoys me more (because you will always have cheats, and that includes amongst the imm staff when it is so large and is drawn from a playerbase with cheats) is inconsistent treatment of different characters. (Before I get asked to name names, which I won't, just ask yourself how info gets into the public domain before it is officially released to players.)

For example, why were poisoners allowed to continue to exploit known bugs (moving guildguards, super-long duration ingredients) which had been posted as FNCR until they were actually fixed? I know when I've found similar bugs I've been told by imms not to use the skill/item/whatever in certain situations until the bug is fixed, and moreover I wasn't intending to anyway once the bug was identified. Yet certain poisoners were allowed to continue using them and after that given other rewards. I just don't get that. Surely a player has certain responsibilities to the game that they should observe, and if they don't, they shouldn't get the ic rewards that others are looking for whilst observing these responsibilities.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing implemented is:

when limited gear gets passed down more than 30 ranks, flag it with the name of the character who has passed it down. Then make it subject to that character's playing time when it comes to gear hoarding. If that higher level character isn't around any more, make the gear crumble when it would if that higher level character still held it. If the higher level character deletes, make the gear crumble. This should prevent gear being passed from high-bie to lowbie amongst ooc circles.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow do you compete with cheaters? [View all] , jasmin, Fri 09-Jan-04 01:38 AM
Reply Been there, done that., Angel of Death, 10-Jan-04 03:42 AM, #8
Reply RE: How do you compete with cheaters?, Arcane, 09-Jan-04 07:19 PM, #6
Reply Hmm, Nightgaunt_, 09-Jan-04 05:43 PM, #5
Reply It's not about my own accomplishments, jasmin, 10-Jan-04 12:03 AM, #7
     Reply Arrogance., Boldereth, 10-Jan-04 06:01 AM, #10
Reply RE: How do you compete with cheaters?, Isildur, 09-Jan-04 12:07 PM, #4
Reply heh., incognito, 09-Jan-04 07:53 AM #3
Reply RE: heh., Boldereth, 10-Jan-04 05:50 AM, #9
Reply I'd disagree with this proposal, Folorad, 12-Jan-04 06:49 PM, #11
     Reply I agree your point but, incognito, 13-Jan-04 05:23 AM, #12
     Reply RE: I'd disagree with this proposal, Odelius, 13-Jan-04 11:44 PM, #13
Reply RE: How do you compete with cheaters?, Romanul, 09-Jan-04 03:50 AM, #2
Reply The simple answer:, Valguarnera, 09-Jan-04 01:42 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3437 Previous topic | Next topic