Subject: "Been there, done that." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3437
Show all folders

Angel of DeathSat 10-Jan-04 03:42 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3456, "Been there, done that."

It ended up driving me away from the game ultimately.

Cheating is impossible to prevent. Someone will always piss in the village fountain if no one is watching. It is just the human nature of the weak and shallow.

All you can do is just deal with it. Ignore it. Do the best you can despite the cheaters. All you should be concerned with is proving to yourself what you can accomplish. Play this game for yourself and to hell with what anyone else thinks of you. You get ganked by a perma or OOC ring? Stand up, dust yourself off and soldier on having the satisfaction that you know that they needed three or whatever to take you down. Once you are satisfied with your performance, walk away with your head held high knowing that you did not compromise your integrity which is more important to me than any amount of success invalidated by cheating.

Personally, I sought out the cheaters (they are easy to spot) and handed their asses to them when they were alone. When they hunted together, I simply avoided them. The latter was easy enough.

Just chalk it up to the anonymity of the internet and simply do as I do and laugh at how pathetic some 150 pound computer geek can possibly be by having to resort to cheating in his feeble and desperate attempt to demonstrate any kind of dominance in anything (even a fantasy game) in order to compensate for his self-evident inadequacies in the real world. Kinda sad really. Oh well.

Drucyrus

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow do you compete with cheaters? [View all] , jasmin, Fri 09-Jan-04 01:38 AM
Reply Been there, done that., Angel of Death, 10-Jan-04 03:42 AM #8
Reply RE: How do you compete with cheaters?, Arcane, 09-Jan-04 07:19 PM, #6
Reply Hmm, Nightgaunt_, 09-Jan-04 05:43 PM, #5
Reply It's not about my own accomplishments, jasmin, 10-Jan-04 12:03 AM, #7
     Reply Arrogance., Boldereth, 10-Jan-04 06:01 AM, #10
Reply RE: How do you compete with cheaters?, Isildur, 09-Jan-04 12:07 PM, #4
Reply heh., incognito, 09-Jan-04 07:53 AM, #3
Reply RE: heh., Boldereth, 10-Jan-04 05:50 AM, #9
Reply I'd disagree with this proposal, Folorad, 12-Jan-04 06:49 PM, #11
     Reply I agree your point but, incognito, 13-Jan-04 05:23 AM, #12
     Reply RE: I'd disagree with this proposal, Odelius, 13-Jan-04 11:44 PM, #13
Reply RE: How do you compete with cheaters?, Romanul, 09-Jan-04 03:50 AM, #2
Reply The simple answer:, Valguarnera, 09-Jan-04 01:42 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3437 Previous topic | Next topic