Subject: "Welcome to CF" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2176
Show all folders

SlackTue 08-Jul-08 12:57 PM
Member since 12th Apr 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2182, "Welcome to CF"

Ahhhh, another fellow WoW player. Welcome to CF. Manaroth Horde Hunter/BE-Pally, (Slackhunt (70)/Adina (59)) but lost interest and quit shortly afterwards. If your WoW guild was one of those infamous RPers and you raided all new contents, you will fit in just perfectly.

There are many differences between WoW & CF, let me explain them one by one.
1. Unlike WoW, you can actually talk to your enemy and Immortal Staff. If you come of to be a newbie, most of them will help you to their RP extent. For Example, while playing a Pally, I helped a necromancer with few hints where he can get better eq. I stopped killing him till he got a good set and also forbade my friends in his PK range from killing/looting him saying “So and so seems new to the land. Spare him sometime as he needs to learn his way around.”

2. In WoW, the GMs are pretty much douche bags. But CF Immortal Staff is one of the best team of people I have ever seen on any game. They are so good that many people including myself would volunteer time to help the CF community in any manner.

3. If you played a Pally on WoW, it is totally different from playing one on CF. Some how my weakness is Pally/Hunter/Assassin. On WoW, you do not have to worry about empowerment. On CF you have to worry about Empowerment. As Rayihn already mentioned few Imms who have a soft spot of Empowerment Class, they might be a good choice to start with if you want to play an Empowerment Class. Choose your class wisely as each one of them have a different impact when hero.

4. There are few cabals that might be newbie-friendly. Scion is NOT one of them. If you read help file on Empire/Fortress/Outlanders, they make sense and seem easy to get into.

5. Few years back, Description was only thing needed. Now role is one of the most important aspect of your character's life. It gives the Immortals, who do not know your character personally; a chance to look if you are working towards the goals/objectives stated in your role and reward you accordingly. If you implement the role early on, it’s easier for the Immortals to monitor and maybe help you in the direction you wish to take the character. DO NOT depend on them for molding your character. They are just the guide but you are the one in-charge.

Other than that, all you read is good and dandy. But when you are playing, you need to improvise and the materials for other websites are just feedbacks to help your character improve.

Good Luck

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOn Breaking In [View all] , Artificial, Mon 07-Jul-08 06:50 PM
Reply RE: On Breaking In, Isildur, 22-Jul-08 04:07 PM, #9
Reply Good, another analytical!, Fjarn, 08-Jul-08 05:55 PM, #7
Reply Welcome to CF, Slack, 08-Jul-08 12:57 PM #6
Reply RE: On Breaking In, Rayihn, 07-Jul-08 07:34 PM, #1
     Reply RE: On Breaking In, Aradyn, 07-Jul-08 07:49 PM, #2
          Reply RE: On Breaking In, Artificial, 07-Jul-08 11:59 PM, #3
               Reply RE: On Breaking In, terinth, 08-Jul-08 02:09 AM, #4
               Reply RE: On Breaking In, Aradyn, 08-Jul-08 11:26 AM, #5
               Reply RE: On Breaking In, Elerosse, 08-Jul-08 08:46 PM, #8