Subject: "Good Advice" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1800
Show all folders

KastellynWed 18-Jul-07 12:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1808, "Good Advice"

First, there are a lot of ways to get stuck.

Yeah, though I would argue that this is a very effective way to teach you to look before you move when exploring. Most of the 'stuck' rooms you'll end up in at lower levels can be recalled out of; a lot of the 'stuck' rooms you'll end up in at higher levels will kill you.

In the Grove there is a pool of water that when entered is too murky to have any exits. Fortunately I had just died so I was able to recall.

I'll take a look at this room; I'm not familiar enough with it to say up front whether it needs to be changed or not.

Then theres the possible combination of running out of food or water and either money or movement that will leave you stuck and starving.

Suggestion: if you only eat one type of food (which most people do), carry a few 'back up' foods in your container. That way, when you get hungry and find your are out of your primary food, you'll still have an emergency stash that will keep you fed long enough to get to a place where you can buy more. Same for a water container.

By the way, the arkham trainer quest will reset if you reenter his room and say "yes".

Not familiar with that quest, but I've seen this on the bug board, so it will get fixed eventually.

Yes Im bitter. I actually started playing carrion fields again because I wanted to be frustrated, but not like this.

Odd reason to start to play again...

IMHO, low level conjurers are an exercise in frustration if you don't like to die - which is one reason we don't recommend them for new players. Lots of fun if you don't let that get you down, though!

Point being, I think Carrionfield could be made less hazardous and discouraging to newbies.

One of our highest priorities, and one area that we are almost constantly active in, is trying to improve the gaming experience for new players. Feedback like yours is excellent, excellent stuff for us, so I appreciate you taking the time to post it here. I sincerely hope that you take just a bit of the advice posted here, don't let your frustration get the better of you, and stick with it. The feeling you get once you've improved even just a little bit at the game is pretty tremendous, and well worth the effort!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow CarrionField hates newbies [View all] , Xeniana, Wed 18-Jul-07 01:01 AM
Reply Good Advice, Kastellyn, 18-Jul-07 12:03 PM #6
Reply RE: How CarrionField hates newbies, Rayihn, 18-Jul-07 06:25 AM, #4
Reply Rodriguez got most of it, but one more thing..., GinGa, 18-Jul-07 06:21 AM, #3
Reply Typo That Room Please!, Kastellyn, 18-Jul-07 11:50 AM, #5
Reply RE: How CarrionField hates newbies, Rodriguez, 18-Jul-07 06:01 AM, #2
Reply You are missing half the point of the game, incognito, 18-Jul-07 01:19 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1800 Previous topic | Next topic