Subject: "You are missing half the point of the game" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1800
Show all folders

incognitoWed 18-Jul-07 01:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1802, "You are missing half the point of the game"

Almost all those things you mention could be "fixed" by you asking for help, unless you are playing an evil character.

Get stuck in the sewers? Ask for help. You just need someone to bring you a potion of recall, or cast recall on you. (Alternatively ALWAYS buy one yourself.)

As far as maps go, I don't have maps (although I don't deny that a lot of players access them). I know my way around because I've taught myself. There are a fair number of maps in game (many available from the outfit command) that help you find your way to different areas. I would recommend that when you are not travelling, you pick an area on a map, check the helpfile for it to make sure that it isn't too dangerous, and then go find your way to it.

Get a client and ALWAYS log everything. Then after a group leads you somewhere at high speed, you can look at the log and figure out the path they actually took.

I'm not sure why you are complaining about things you choose to lose control of killing you! Don't keep choosing to lose control! You will probably still lose control occasionally (don't conjure without a circle) but it will be far less frequent.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow CarrionField hates newbies [View all] , Xeniana, Wed 18-Jul-07 01:01 AM
Reply Good Advice, Kastellyn, 18-Jul-07 12:03 PM, #6
Reply RE: How CarrionField hates newbies, Rayihn, 18-Jul-07 06:25 AM, #4
Reply Rodriguez got most of it, but one more thing..., GinGa, 18-Jul-07 06:21 AM, #3
Reply Typo That Room Please!, Kastellyn, 18-Jul-07 11:50 AM, #5
Reply RE: How CarrionField hates newbies, Rodriguez, 18-Jul-07 06:01 AM, #2
Reply You are missing half the point of the game, incognito, 18-Jul-07 01:19 AM #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1800 Previous topic | Next topic