Subject: "RE: warriors and preps" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90065
Show all folders

MalakhiTue 19-Jan-10 07:46 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90087, "RE: warriors and preps"

My personal breakdown:

Well, nothing is going to compare to the ease and convenience of preping with a Rager. IMO, that is the main draw to playing a Rager, as well as the game-mechanics source of most of the fun to playing a Rager. Basically, you get to roam around as prepped as you'll ever be, ready for action, almost 24/7. Pure awesomeness. (Of course, there are substantial game mechanics costs to Ragers to make up for that convenience. )

That said, getting "minimal dam redux" for warriors for every fight is pretty easy if minimal DR means "protection." I've played a bunch of warriors, and "protection" was always a given. Stoneskin + protection brings you to about the effectiveness of Rager resist, and you can buy stoneskin (i.e., it's not time consuming to get) but that comes at the cost of convenience. Now, you don't need SS + protection for EVERY fight, but you do need them for particularly tough enemies that you can't kill in a few rounds. There are always a small handful of these types of enemies.

Then there are the enemies who are deadly and highly conservative (i.e., they won't come to fight you unless they have every DR available, and will flee immediately if a DR falls). These guys you need to bump up the DR to include shield, which IS time consuming to get and inconvenient to use. Fortunately, there are only a couple of these deadly+ultra-conservative types playing at any given time. Also, one way to avoid them is to just avoid raid situations because given the amount of DR they expend, they are going to want to increase their chances of actually being able to PK while the DR's active - so raiding situations where their enemies are forced by RP to respond. Anyway, the shield situation does suck for a hero level warrior, but like I said, it doesn't come up the majority of the time.

As for aura, I've never used it on a warrior. Too time consuming.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(deleted)[FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Arun the Champion of Battl... [View all] , Arun (Guest), Tue 19-Jan-10 02:30 PM
Reply RE: (deleted)[FORTRESS] [SQUIRE] Arun the Champion of B..., Glurgick (Guest), 19-Jan-10 08:30 PM, #13
Reply I'm going to say something that will aid everyone., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 19-Jan-10 03:29 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I'm going to say something that will aid everyone., Tlingit2 (Guest), 19-Jan-10 03:52 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I'm going to say something that will aid everyone., Arun (Guest), 19-Jan-10 04:09 PM, #3
          Reply RE: I'm going to say something that will aid everyone., Daevryn, 19-Jan-10 04:18 PM, #4
          Reply RE: I'm going to say something that will aid everyone., Graatch (Guest), 19-Jan-10 04:50 PM, #5
               Reply RE: I'm going to say something that will aid everyone., jhyrb (Guest), 19-Jan-10 04:53 PM, #6
               Reply RE: I'm going to say something that will aid everyone., Asyguest (Guest), 19-Jan-10 05:00 PM, #7
               Reply RE: I'm going to say something that will aid everyone., Daevryn, 19-Jan-10 05:05 PM, #8
               Reply I'd daresay gear is 100% more important..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 19-Jan-10 06:01 PM, #9
                    Reply But what Graatch realises is, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 19-Jan-10 07:03 PM, #10
                         Reply Solution? Bring back large hobgoblins and purple potion..., Sanctuary (Guest), 19-Jan-10 07:46 PM, #11
                              Reply Personally I like it the way it is, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 20-Jan-10 03:53 AM, #15
          Reply RE: warriors and preps, Malakhi, 19-Jan-10 07:46 PM #12
               Reply RE: warriors and preps, Arun (Guest), 19-Jan-10 10:47 PM, #14
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90065 Previous topic | Next topic