Subject: "Thanks for the kind words.. txt" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80015
Show all folders

Humbert (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 11:33 AM

#80274, "Thanks for the kind words.. txt"

Let me offer some of mine

I stepped down I didn't get leadership removed About Imperial ganks - they happen because it's the easiest way to rack up PK corpses. Nothing wrong with that. If I knew an efficient killer in the Fort I would not be averse to enlisting him for that. So... gangs happen. Just don't let them get you down. If you start feeling upset at them, just take a break for a while. Yell at people on Dio's or yell ICly on your cabal channel.

Point to note: A group of TWO is probably the best gank group. EG: Sarien summons, Humbert bash, Sarien wrath spam, Humbert bash. EG: Healer curse, Warrior entwine, Healer keeps warrior alive. The Fortress' cabal powers and class selection has so much incredible synergy that it is only player skill that is holding them back. Let's just say that Ahtieli will not face a bashgiant/lightofheaven pair unprepped, and a good pair will know how to retreat when enemy is prepped. And strike when not prepped. Repeat, and all you have is a Lich who's sick and tired of blowing his phylacs/wands just for two people who won't ever let him kill them, who CAN kill him if he does not use said wands/phylacs.

You can beat the Imperial Horde. Just ignore the calls of 'coward' because like any other player they want to get their PK. You'd be pretty dumb to be caught on Eastern. Instead, wait and slaughter the people near Ahtieli. Even Ahtieli herself can be killed, with the right combination of players who know how to PK, who synergise in terms of classes. It is unlikely that a Fortress group will be the one to kill Ahtieli, for the reason that Fort is too newbie-friendly. Now if you had players like Chrichuk's player and Nepenthe playing a pair with OOC ventrilo/skype coordination...

Wrath spam - a lot of people are going to complain about it, and a lot of people will gang you by using that as justification. Certainly there are some skills game mechanics wise that are unfair, but let me tell all the wrath-haters out here.. that IF you know the exact CODE behind assassinate, you WILL assassinate a lot. PBF check Deas, Jil, (Nep's assassin) Pladgett, etc. Probably the dirtiest trick in the book for enemies who cannot see hidden. Another point - templar's vigilance, twitchy or dangersense will not work against an assassin who knows how to work around it.

Comparing the two: Wrath spam - flee from paladin. You cannot beat the paladin. Just run. Otherwise, gang.

Assassinate - every 6 hours, spend 3 hours underwater. Assuming you know the assassin is even logged on. Teleport often. Move really fast, keep nofollow players up. Assassins with 100% assassinate can assassinate with only 3 stalks. Assassinate = instant death, or the assassin escaping. You can TRY to gang, but if your cabal has nobody who can see hidden... then your cabal is a farm for the reaping.

And since I'm the one posting... Bash - Reduce and quickly sing distort or whatever it is you need to do to nullify bash. Have enough hp not to be permabashed to pieces (it's hard to permabash a 1200 hp imperial elite blade bard with imperial defense up).

Sleep - If said 'sleep'er calls in the gank often (Seyriannia) then don't even risk it. If said 'sleep'er does not call in gank and you can survive with your tele, heal, cure blind, return potions, then go ahead and give it a shot.

I could probably write an entire PK guide, but that might be considered 'bad' for the game since a lot of PK is about knowing how to not die to stupid gangs/class combo matchups, etc. So just practise hard and keep going Hero range is bad for learning because the gear requirement is anal. Try playing a fire giant sword spec at level 31, or assassin, or angel conjie, etc. Play until you con-die, and try not to die at all and try your hardest to rack up kills. You'll improve very very quickly like that.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicAraevin lays his sword to rest. [View all] , Araevin (Guest), Thu 21-May-09 10:35 PM
Reply Only Paladin I have ever had fun fighting, Khaan (Guest), 03-Jun-09 03:24 AM, #29
Reply RE: Only Paladin I have ever had fun fighting, Araevin (Guest), 03-Jun-09 04:54 PM, #30
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Experiment, 01-Jun-09 02:33 AM, #26
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Araevin (Guest), 01-Jun-09 05:27 PM, #28
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Ailinilia (Guest), 26-May-09 10:42 PM, #25
Reply Thanks for the kind words.. txt, Humbert (Guest), 25-May-09 11:33 AM #24
Reply See yaaaa, Raner (Guest), 22-May-09 08:22 PM, #23
Reply Had you pegged for Marshall., Aeinrez (Guest), 22-May-09 02:50 PM, #21
Reply So we fought a few times., Malakhi (Guest), 22-May-09 12:25 PM, #19
Reply Man he had eyes up and we weren't about to let the mumm..., Aeinrez (Guest), 22-May-09 03:22 PM, #22
Reply Good foe,, I thought., Senket (Guest), 22-May-09 10:53 AM, #17
Reply Whine more my little elfie friend., Zwerg (Guest), 22-May-09 10:40 AM, #16
Reply RE: Whine more my little elfie friend., Isildur, 22-May-09 12:15 PM, #18
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Baerinika, 22-May-09 09:01 AM, #14
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Guest2 (Guest), 22-May-09 07:07 AM, #11
Reply Wow, you are surely a whiny person., Linden (Guest), 22-May-09 04:40 AM, #8
Reply RE: Wow, you are surely a whiny person., Araevin (Guest), 22-May-09 04:47 AM, #9
     Reply Whiny whiny whiny boy, suck your p####s little toy., Beront (Guest), 22-May-09 06:47 AM, #10
          Reply Hahahaha, N b M (Guest), 22-May-09 10:06 AM, #15
          Reply Wait, who are you? nt, Heckler (Guest), 22-May-09 01:49 PM, #20
          Reply This is the CF elite?, Random Potshot (Guest), 01-Jun-09 06:26 AM, #27
Reply Aaw, what a shame!, Arrna (Guest), 22-May-09 03:51 AM, #7
Reply Rest well, friend, Taeranduu (Guest), 22-May-09 12:09 AM, #6
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Gahdak (Guest), 21-May-09 11:55 PM, #5
Reply One less paladin to deal with..., Dolce (Guest), 22-May-09 07:21 AM, #12
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Aarn, 21-May-09 11:35 PM, #4
Reply Alas, I have to second this, Nian (Guest), 22-May-09 07:50 AM, #13
Reply Taught me some stuff., Elorik (Guest), 21-May-09 11:07 PM, #3
Reply Ah..bummer, Dierj (Guest), 21-May-09 10:58 PM, #2
Reply Liked you. Good luck with your next. nt, Adekar (Guest), 21-May-09 10:42 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80015 Previous topic | Next topic