Subject: "Araevin lays his sword to rest." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80015
Show all folders

Araevin (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 10:35 PM

#80015, "Araevin lays his sword to rest."

Araevin started out really strong, i thought i had developed a good role for him but as time progressed he went downhill. I have always played goodie crusader role but i think with this last experience, it may have to be my last. It was my original intention to aim for Retribution and Hope as virtues, the latter of which i did gain, and i was hoping to gun to be a contender for one of the leadership positions, but after losing all my horde of preps and eq(and defiance) to a series of crashes, he started experiencing a rollercoster of luck, just up and down.

I hoped that he was able to embody the aspect of the Maran and relentless crusader type role i had for him, but in the later part of his life my own frustration starting to creep into my character and speech, and when you begin to play with that, the end of the character is usually fairly near.

Its hard to keep enthusiastic with a character when your facing a ooc horde like the Imperials. You may fight this all you want, and the simple fact is you may not be directing it Ahtieli, but when you log in, within minutes, zwerg, linden, and dolce etc are very quickly behind, and then when you depart, sure as hell they go with you.

I do not mind such competition, but the arrogance that comes with that horde, it is absolutely astronomical. To be actually told to get some balls and face Zwerg himself when i struck him with a cabalmate, and then to come to the Imperial lands to face him, get knocked out by cranial and then get bashed to death by dolce and Zwerg.

Im getting tired of it all, im tired to spend hours gathering armor, to lose it to a horde, and no, it was never a full loot, but it was always 30-45 percent, and most of it was never even on you guys, it went to the rank 20 bloodoaths and ####. And then to have that cycle repeat itself day after day after day is frustrating. Ridiculously frustrating.

Its even to the point that it is beyond respect or any appreciation for the work that is put into a character. For example the one time that Zaknifal went to make a stand in the fortress against the horde, and to be mercilessly looted when he fell. They take things they cannot use for the simple reason to either sacrifice it, or hold onto it so others cannot use.

It really robs all the enjoyment out of a character, out of playing this game. I just cant do it anymore, i need a ####ing break.

To Ahtieli, Your a beast, props to that, its not your fault you have so many mindless drones, or maybe you do conduct the IRC mob squad, either way, it never mattered if you were alone or what not, you pwned, simple fact.

Aeinrez, You deserve a leadership spot, your a beast as well and one of the most reliable people to have next to you when you are hunting.

Humbert, It is ashame that your character is so old because your an awesome companion, beast in pk, and in truth a great leader character, you should of been given it back.

Lortas, I tried to develop a friendship with you, but at times you just seemed to rub me the wrong way, its nothing personal but it justs sometimes the way you talk to people, or about people, or when you are giving advice, it just seems very agressive and rude. Just some of your responses left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Ailinilia, I really appreciate your aid when i first created, when you approached me within minutes of me creating, i thought for sure you had figured out who i was. Maybe when you think about it and look back you will realize who i was. Congrats on making Priestess by the way.

I didnt want to rant and complain, but i feel like it is called for right now, but i would like to leave one note about the Fortress.

FORTRESS: In a way i feel like the system is broken, it feels like to obtain Maran, You really need to be the Pking spreeing son-of-a-bitch, I think it should be rewarded based by the Leaders, not all deserve it and i think alot of people remain squires far longer then they should because of five minute windows the imms seem them in. I myself got Maran within a couple of days of creating, but i also hit the pk field massively.

I think the biggest weakness about the fortress is that many have developed this lone wolf persona, and in the early ranks it is perfectly acceptable because it is what allows you to establish a foothold and get noticed by the Imms for Maran, but at hero, and especially when facing the Imperial horde, going in one person at a time, or if you are going in together having the unprepped warriors at the fore, its no wonder why we get creamed.

You guys need to organize and unify, and none of this tactical meeting ####, drop the pride, and the teenage im invincible persona, because simple reality is you will never be able to defeated three or four people, Especially if one of them is Ahtieli.
Get together, strike as one, Warriors, you guys can dish damage, but with Fortress being a mainly Paladin Maran cabal, your the supporter lagging role. Let the Paladins who are prepped stand in front, It is mindboggingly to see why a warrior without sanc or preps are going rambo on people. Otherwise it is going to stay a cannon fodder cabal against the Imperials.

Oh, Baerinika, sorry about the Hunting in Galadon, i got sick and tired of them using it as a haven and just said screw it.

Last Note, my primary reason for deleting was the fact that i killed a good aligned mob, my bad, but you cant really keep up a role after that.

Ciao

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicAraevin lays his sword to rest. [View all] , Araevin (Guest), Thu 21-May-09 10:35 PM
Reply Only Paladin I have ever had fun fighting, Khaan (Guest), 03-Jun-09 03:24 AM, #29
Reply RE: Only Paladin I have ever had fun fighting, Araevin (Guest), 03-Jun-09 04:54 PM, #30
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Experiment, 01-Jun-09 02:33 AM, #26
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Araevin (Guest), 01-Jun-09 05:27 PM, #28
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Ailinilia (Guest), 26-May-09 10:42 PM, #25
Reply Thanks for the kind words.. txt, Humbert (Guest), 25-May-09 11:33 AM, #24
Reply See yaaaa, Raner (Guest), 22-May-09 08:22 PM, #23
Reply Had you pegged for Marshall., Aeinrez (Guest), 22-May-09 02:50 PM, #21
Reply So we fought a few times., Malakhi (Guest), 22-May-09 12:25 PM, #19
Reply Man he had eyes up and we weren't about to let the mumm..., Aeinrez (Guest), 22-May-09 03:22 PM, #22
Reply Good foe,, I thought., Senket (Guest), 22-May-09 10:53 AM, #17
Reply Whine more my little elfie friend., Zwerg (Guest), 22-May-09 10:40 AM, #16
Reply RE: Whine more my little elfie friend., Isildur, 22-May-09 12:15 PM, #18
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Baerinika, 22-May-09 09:01 AM, #14
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Guest2 (Guest), 22-May-09 07:07 AM, #11
Reply Wow, you are surely a whiny person., Linden (Guest), 22-May-09 04:40 AM, #8
Reply RE: Wow, you are surely a whiny person., Araevin (Guest), 22-May-09 04:47 AM, #9
     Reply Whiny whiny whiny boy, suck your p####s little toy., Beront (Guest), 22-May-09 06:47 AM, #10
          Reply Hahahaha, N b M (Guest), 22-May-09 10:06 AM, #15
          Reply Wait, who are you? nt, Heckler (Guest), 22-May-09 01:49 PM, #20
          Reply This is the CF elite?, Random Potshot (Guest), 01-Jun-09 06:26 AM, #27
Reply Aaw, what a shame!, Arrna (Guest), 22-May-09 03:51 AM, #7
Reply Rest well, friend, Taeranduu (Guest), 22-May-09 12:09 AM, #6
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Gahdak (Guest), 21-May-09 11:55 PM, #5
Reply One less paladin to deal with..., Dolce (Guest), 22-May-09 07:21 AM, #12
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Aarn, 21-May-09 11:35 PM, #4
Reply Alas, I have to second this, Nian (Guest), 22-May-09 07:50 AM, #13
Reply Taught me some stuff., Elorik (Guest), 21-May-09 11:07 PM, #3
Reply Ah..bummer, Dierj (Guest), 21-May-09 10:58 PM, #2
Reply Liked you. Good luck with your next. nt, Adekar (Guest), 21-May-09 10:42 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80015 Previous topic | Next topic