Subject: "Araevin lays his sword to rest." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80015
Show all folders

Araevin (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 10:35 PM

#80015, "Araevin lays his sword to rest."

Araevin started out really strong, i thought i had developed a good role for him but as time progressed he went downhill. I have always played goodie crusader role but i think with this last experience, it may have to be my last. It was my original intention to aim for Retribution and Hope as virtues, the latter of which i did gain, and i was hoping to gun to be a contender for one of the leadership positions, but after losing all my horde of preps and eq(and defiance) to a series of crashes, he started experiencing a rollercoster of luck, just up and down.

I hoped that he was able to embody the aspect of the Maran and relentless crusader type role i had for him, but in the later part of his life my own frustration starting to creep into my character and speech, and when you begin to play with that, the end of the character is usually fairly near.

Its hard to keep enthusiastic with a character when your facing a ooc horde like the Imperials. You may fight this all you want, and the simple fact is you may not be directing it Ahtieli, but when you log in, within minutes, zwerg, linden, and dolce etc are very quickly behind, and then when you depart, sure as hell they go with you.

I do not mind such competition, but the arrogance that comes with that horde, it is absolutely astronomical. To be actually told to get some balls and face Zwerg himself when i struck him with a cabalmate, and then to come to the Imperial lands to face him, get knocked out by cranial and then get bashed to death by dolce and Zwerg.

Im getting tired of it all, im tired to spend hours gathering armor, to lose it to a horde, and no, it was never a full loot, but it was always 30-45 percent, and most of it was never even on you guys, it went to the rank 20 bloodoaths and ####. And then to have that cycle repeat itself day after day after day is frustrating. Ridiculously frustrating.

Its even to the point that it is beyond respect or any appreciation for the work that is put into a character. For example the one time that Zaknifal went to make a stand in the fortress against the horde, and to be mercilessly looted when he fell. They take things they cannot use for the simple reason to either sacrifice it, or hold onto it so others cannot use.

It really robs all the enjoyment out of a character, out of playing this game. I just cant do it anymore, i need a ####ing break.

To Ahtieli, Your a beast, props to that, its not your fault you have so many mindless drones, or maybe you do conduct the IRC mob squad, either way, it never mattered if you were alone or what not, you pwned, simple fact.

Aeinrez, You deserve a leadership spot, your a beast as well and one of the most reliable people to have next to you when you are hunting.

Humbert, It is ashame that your character is so old because your an awesome companion, beast in pk, and in truth a great leader character, you should of been given it back.

Lortas, I tried to develop a friendship with you, but at times you just seemed to rub me the wrong way, its nothing personal but it justs sometimes the way you talk to people, or about people, or when you are giving advice, it just seems very agressive and rude. Just some of your responses left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Ailinilia, I really appreciate your aid when i first created, when you approached me within minutes of me creating, i thought for sure you had figured out who i was. Maybe when you think about it and look back you will realize who i was. Congrats on making Priestess by the way.

I didnt want to rant and complain, but i feel like it is called for right now, but i would like to leave one note about the Fortress.

FORTRESS: In a way i feel like the system is broken, it feels like to obtain Maran, You really need to be the Pking spreeing son-of-a-bitch, I think it should be rewarded based by the Leaders, not all deserve it and i think alot of people remain squires far longer then they should because of five minute windows the imms seem them in. I myself got Maran within a couple of days of creating, but i also hit the pk field massively.

I think the biggest weakness about the fortress is that many have developed this lone wolf persona, and in the early ranks it is perfectly acceptable because it is what allows you to establish a foothold and get noticed by the Imms for Maran, but at hero, and especially when facing the Imperial horde, going in one person at a time, or if you are going in together having the unprepped warriors at the fore, its no wonder why we get creamed.

You guys need to organize and unify, and none of this tactical meeting ####, drop the pride, and the teenage im invincible persona, because simple reality is you will never be able to defeated three or four people, Especially if one of them is Ahtieli.
Get together, strike as one, Warriors, you guys can dish damage, but with Fortress being a mainly Paladin Maran cabal, your the supporter lagging role. Let the Paladins who are prepped stand in front, It is mindboggingly to see why a warrior without sanc or preps are going rambo on people. Otherwise it is going to stay a cannon fodder cabal against the Imperials.

Oh, Baerinika, sorry about the Hunting in Galadon, i got sick and tired of them using it as a haven and just said screw it.

Last Note, my primary reason for deleting was the fact that i killed a good aligned mob, my bad, but you cant really keep up a role after that.

Ciao

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Only Paladin I have ever had fun fighting, Khaan (Guest), 03-Jun-09 03:24 AM, #29
Reply RE: Only Paladin I have ever had fun fighting, Araevin (Guest), 03-Jun-09 04:54 PM, #30
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Experiment, 01-Jun-09 02:33 AM, #26
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Araevin (Guest), 01-Jun-09 05:27 PM, #28
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Ailinilia (Guest), 26-May-09 10:42 PM, #25
Reply Thanks for the kind words.. txt, Humbert (Guest), 25-May-09 11:33 AM, #24
Reply See yaaaa, Raner (Guest), 22-May-09 08:22 PM, #23
Reply Had you pegged for Marshall., Aeinrez (Guest), 22-May-09 02:50 PM, #21
Reply So we fought a few times., Malakhi (Guest), 22-May-09 12:25 PM, #19
Reply Man he had eyes up and we weren't about to let the mumm..., Aeinrez (Guest), 22-May-09 03:22 PM, #22
Reply Good foe,, I thought., Senket (Guest), 22-May-09 10:53 AM, #17
Reply Whine more my little elfie friend., Zwerg (Guest), 22-May-09 10:40 AM, #16
Reply RE: Whine more my little elfie friend., Isildur, 22-May-09 12:15 PM, #18
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Baerinika, 22-May-09 09:01 AM, #14
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Guest2 (Guest), 22-May-09 07:07 AM, #11
Reply Wow, you are surely a whiny person., Linden (Guest), 22-May-09 04:40 AM, #8
Reply RE: Wow, you are surely a whiny person., Araevin (Guest), 22-May-09 04:47 AM, #9
     Reply Whiny whiny whiny boy, suck your p####s little toy., Beront (Guest), 22-May-09 06:47 AM, #10
          Reply Hahahaha, N b M (Guest), 22-May-09 10:06 AM, #15
          Reply Wait, who are you? nt, Heckler (Guest), 22-May-09 01:49 PM, #20
          Reply This is the CF elite?, Random Potshot (Guest), 01-Jun-09 06:26 AM, #27
Reply Aaw, what a shame!, Arrna (Guest), 22-May-09 03:51 AM, #7
Reply Rest well, friend, Taeranduu (Guest), 22-May-09 12:09 AM, #6
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Gahdak (Guest), 21-May-09 11:55 PM, #5
Reply One less paladin to deal with..., Dolce (Guest), 22-May-09 07:21 AM, #12
Reply RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest., Aarn, 21-May-09 11:35 PM, #4
Reply Alas, I have to second this, Nian (Guest), 22-May-09 07:50 AM, #13
Reply Taught me some stuff., Elorik (Guest), 21-May-09 11:07 PM, #3
Reply Ah..bummer, Dierj (Guest), 21-May-09 10:58 PM, #2
Reply Liked you. Good luck with your next. nt, Adekar (Guest), 21-May-09 10:42 PM, #1

Khaan (Guest)Wed 03-Jun-09 03:24 AM

#80793, "Only Paladin I have ever had fun fighting"
In response to Reply #0

Hope you had fun too.
Good luck with your next

Araevin (Guest)Wed 03-Jun-09 04:54 PM

#80824, "RE: Only Paladin I have ever had fun fighting"
In response to Reply #29

I dont know if you can remember that one late night we had a brawl outside of the Palace gates between the two of us. It was practically ####ting myself when you landed that eight hit flurry just before my final wrath killed you.

I had 2hp left, #### i was scared hahaha.

ExperimentMon 01-Jun-09 02:33 AM
Member since 26th May 2009
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80691, "RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest."
In response to Reply #0

I had a blast running around with you, I just got back into CF and ariel was my first char i rolled up. Never really thought i would get into the maran. You helped me a lot with that from our talks. I felt like i was weighing you down a lot cause i couldn't remember or didn't know where a lot of the places where. So i like to thank you for the help in getting back into it, even though i died a lot when we went out exploring or trying to do our own little ganking party. Also sorry if it seems i bailed on you and stop showing up, I got a wicked virus on my comp and couldn't play for a while. And thus brings me to the BET! I WIN!

Hope to get to interact with you again soon.

ARIEL

Araevin (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 05:27 PM

#80709, "RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest."
In response to Reply #26

It was amusing to have you run around with me in the characters youth, its to bad you fell off the grid there for awhile, I would assume the chracter is going to Auto then?

PS, you have to at least beat my hours to wind.

Ailinilia (Guest)Tue 26-May-09 10:42 PM

#80469, "RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for always receiving Ailinilia's aid. I loved that you allowed her to take you under her wing. Talking to newly created characters is one of the things Ailinilia likes to do. It is her hope that she'll be able to sway people to think about the fortress and perhaps make some of the evil ones consider a life of good. She did not know who you were. Who were you? You have made me curious. (so you know, I try to forget others fairly quickly so I will never recognize anyone, though I remember many years back I continually made friends with the same person through five different characters, very bizarre).

Remember the only part of the game that is really worthwhile is interacting with others and learning how to explore and be observant, so never worry about the equipment that you lose. Its more fun to find it again.

Have fun and never stop laughing.

Humbert (Guest)Mon 25-May-09 11:33 AM

#80274, "Thanks for the kind words.. txt"
In response to Reply #0

Let me offer some of mine

I stepped down I didn't get leadership removed About Imperial ganks - they happen because it's the easiest way to rack up PK corpses. Nothing wrong with that. If I knew an efficient killer in the Fort I would not be averse to enlisting him for that. So... gangs happen. Just don't let them get you down. If you start feeling upset at them, just take a break for a while. Yell at people on Dio's or yell ICly on your cabal channel.

Point to note: A group of TWO is probably the best gank group. EG: Sarien summons, Humbert bash, Sarien wrath spam, Humbert bash. EG: Healer curse, Warrior entwine, Healer keeps warrior alive. The Fortress' cabal powers and class selection has so much incredible synergy that it is only player skill that is holding them back. Let's just say that Ahtieli will not face a bashgiant/lightofheaven pair unprepped, and a good pair will know how to retreat when enemy is prepped. And strike when not prepped. Repeat, and all you have is a Lich who's sick and tired of blowing his phylacs/wands just for two people who won't ever let him kill them, who CAN kill him if he does not use said wands/phylacs.

You can beat the Imperial Horde. Just ignore the calls of 'coward' because like any other player they want to get their PK. You'd be pretty dumb to be caught on Eastern. Instead, wait and slaughter the people near Ahtieli. Even Ahtieli herself can be killed, with the right combination of players who know how to PK, who synergise in terms of classes. It is unlikely that a Fortress group will be the one to kill Ahtieli, for the reason that Fort is too newbie-friendly. Now if you had players like Chrichuk's player and Nepenthe playing a pair with OOC ventrilo/skype coordination...

Wrath spam - a lot of people are going to complain about it, and a lot of people will gang you by using that as justification. Certainly there are some skills game mechanics wise that are unfair, but let me tell all the wrath-haters out here.. that IF you know the exact CODE behind assassinate, you WILL assassinate a lot. PBF check Deas, Jil, (Nep's assassin) Pladgett, etc. Probably the dirtiest trick in the book for enemies who cannot see hidden. Another point - templar's vigilance, twitchy or dangersense will not work against an assassin who knows how to work around it.

Comparing the two: Wrath spam - flee from paladin. You cannot beat the paladin. Just run. Otherwise, gang.

Assassinate - every 6 hours, spend 3 hours underwater. Assuming you know the assassin is even logged on. Teleport often. Move really fast, keep nofollow players up. Assassins with 100% assassinate can assassinate with only 3 stalks. Assassinate = instant death, or the assassin escaping. You can TRY to gang, but if your cabal has nobody who can see hidden... then your cabal is a farm for the reaping.

And since I'm the one posting... Bash - Reduce and quickly sing distort or whatever it is you need to do to nullify bash. Have enough hp not to be permabashed to pieces (it's hard to permabash a 1200 hp imperial elite blade bard with imperial defense up).

Sleep - If said 'sleep'er calls in the gank often (Seyriannia) then don't even risk it. If said 'sleep'er does not call in gank and you can survive with your tele, heal, cure blind, return potions, then go ahead and give it a shot.

I could probably write an entire PK guide, but that might be considered 'bad' for the game since a lot of PK is about knowing how to not die to stupid gangs/class combo matchups, etc. So just practise hard and keep going Hero range is bad for learning because the gear requirement is anal. Try playing a fire giant sword spec at level 31, or assassin, or angel conjie, etc. Play until you con-die, and try not to die at all and try your hardest to rack up kills. You'll improve very very quickly like that.

Raner (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 08:22 PM

#80109, "See yaaaa"
In response to Reply #0

I saw nothing bad from you man, so from my point of view you did just fine.

Im in your boat with the whole not great at PK, but hey theres only one way to learn right?

Thanks for the few travelling trips we had together, and hope your next one makes you a little happier and satisfied.

Good luck.

Aeinrez (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 02:50 PM

#80090, "Had you pegged for Marshall."
In response to Reply #0

You may not have been the best in PK (and honestly, neither am I) but you always were down to stir some #### up. I was really impressed with the way you kept trucking along, and together I thought we did some pretty neat stuff.

Hope you have fun with the next.

Malakhi (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 12:25 PM

#80071, "So we fought a few times."
In response to Reply #0

As a character, obviously Araevin annoyed Malakhi. You often came at me with other people helping you, which was irritating. But then you and another unnamed Fort warrior actually jumped in on one of my fights with the Mummy in Galadon, breaking Malakhi's *own* sense of parity. At which point we had to settle it in the "circle," which I'm glad Malakhi got to do before you deleted. Also, I kept mixing you up with another "A" named maran paladin (Aeranir?) - so I hope I got the right one this time.

As a player, I thought you were very aggressive and from my (obviously limited) perspective you were exactly as a maran should be. Kudos. But next time you might want to play that way with something other than a paladin, or an IMM that has a different take on the Code.

Aeinrez (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 03:22 PM

#80094, "Man he had eyes up and we weren't about to let the mumm..."
In response to Reply #19

And you'd probably kill us both if you took us into the 'Circle'.

Senket (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 10:53 AM

#80061, "Good foe,, I thought."
In response to Reply #0

I didn't see any whining or whatnot. I think you killed me once or twice, and while it is the nature of imperials fight in groups when certain folks are around, I tried to give you fights when it was just me , too, but holy #### wrath spam hurts low hp chars.

You also seemed a lot less of a cocky #### than some other wrath spammers, which was welcome. I thought you did good here, come on back now ya hear.

Zwerg (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 10:40 AM

#80059, "Whine more my little elfie friend."
In response to Reply #0

Looks like I just had to let you wrathspam me to death at least once. Sorry, not in this life. To be honest of all the elf palads horde you seemed the most weak to me. So no, you wasn't worth the time I need to gather all those protections you need to handle shield wrathspamming elfie palad as evil warrior. Deal with it.

IsildurFri 22-May-09 12:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80069, "RE: Whine more my little elfie friend."
In response to Reply #16

Just so I'm not misunderstanding you, did you just say:

"Araevin was the weakest example of his race/class combo. And yet, I am unwilling to spend the preps necessary to handle the weakest example of this particular race/class combo."

That seems to imply:

"I will never fight this race/class combo solo, period."

Seems a little hypocritical to call him "weak" when you flat out refuse to fight even a "weak" version of his combo.

I mean...it's not like he's a lich.

BaerinikaFri 22-May-09 09:01 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80043, "RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest."
In response to Reply #0

I liked you a lot at first, and actually had planned on asking you to be Captain. But then there was the incident where you got wanted, and you knew perfectly better, and then you did it again, and when I sent you a warning echo you completely ignored it. I should have unempowered you but I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. After that though, since you seemed to know Baer would be irritated with you you avoided her like the plague, even if I was on and vis. My opinion of you dropped pretty quickly. So, I think you're right to delete this character, you obviously ran out of steam pretty quick.

Good luck on your next, maybe don't power to hero next time. Nothing wrong with rolling a guy to clean out those looting blood oaths, if you can.

Guest2 (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 07:07 AM

#80036, "RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest."
In response to Reply #0

Your paladin did not differ much from any imperial warrior. You ganged, whined, lied and behaved in general more like a russian whore than a paladin. Good riddance.

Linden (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 04:40 AM

#80032, "Wow, you are surely a whiny person."
In response to Reply #0

I will comment just two things.

1. About your corpse. Right now I found your deaths in logs. Nothing was touched until you came for your things. Twice (I did not search more).

Thats not because Imperials are "so kind" but because you weared total crap. Sorry.

2. About the scary Imperial OOC Russian ganking. You seem to "forgot" how you ganked me, and not once as well.

I wont comment other #### in your goodbye post, seems you just could not handle your deaths and the fact that CF is a competitive game where you not always the best one.

Araevin (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 04:47 AM

#80033, "RE: Wow, you are surely a whiny person."
In response to Reply #8

Your right, a few of my last deaths i wasnt really looted because i was so ransacked before i was out of anything worth taking. #### you Linden, maybe when you get out on your own you will learn what cf is like outside your horde.

You've been permagrouped so long you have lost any true ability to stand on your own two feet. If any of you were ever caught on your own you would run to the hills in hiding, you are all cowards.

Beront (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 06:47 AM

#80035, "Whiny whiny whiny boy, suck your p####s little toy."
In response to Reply #9

You just won the prize. The whiny fortress bitch of the may.

N b M (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 10:06 AM

#80055, "Hahahaha"
In response to Reply #10

I continue to see how much of a tool this Beront guy is when he posts and I love it!

Post more my friend, reading your foolish words is like a soft caress to my eyes.

Heckler (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 01:49 PM

#80080, "Wait, who are you? nt"
In response to Reply #10

Random Potshot (Guest)Mon 01-Jun-09 06:26 AM

#80692, "This is the CF elite?"
In response to Reply #10

When Beront is the best your game has to offer in terms of PK, just pull the plug and lets all go play Parcheesi

Arrna (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 03:51 AM

#80030, "Aaw, what a shame!"
In response to Reply #0

I really did like your char. And think that I didn't get mentioned!

And I agree with the loner stuff to 100%. But, you don't need to be on a PK-spree to get Maran. Arrna hasn't really been on any PK-ing spree, still managed to get Maran.

Ooh, and about killing a goodie npcs, I've done that with goodie chars, worked it into my role etc... Always been sort of a fun twist to the chars afterwards.

I hope you come back soon.

Taeranduu (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 12:09 AM

#80026, "Rest well, friend"
In response to Reply #0

I can't say I didn't see this coming today. Noticed your words seemed slightly clipped

As far as the Empire and their Horde. I think the lone wolf angle is great as long as you're not trying to raid/defend/retrieve lone wolf (and as long as you're smart about it, ie, staying off the eastern).

I feel that the ganging will breed more ganging, just like looting, etc. It sucks though... it sucks a lot. I believe that I do agree with you on a few areas there, but I'll save a lot of my own stuff until I'm dead and gone.

Good luck with your next and I hope it may be part of the Fort as well.

Gahdak (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 11:55 PM

#80025, "RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest."
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed fighting you and the interactions.

From the start, I could tell you were Always going to be there picking at me time and again. You always had such great timing to catch me heavily maledicted from fighting warriors to horribly hurt from escaping the imperial horde.

Well done.

Dolce (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 07:21 AM

#80037, "One less paladin to deal with..."
In response to Reply #5

You never seem to mention the hoarde of Paladin with healer backup playing the summon/spam wrath game. It's always the summon/bash/trip game on the other end.

Fly and reduce are your friends.

AarnThu 21-May-09 11:35 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#80022, "RE: Araevin lays his sword to rest."
In response to Reply #0

Okay. I had a hard time with Araevin. I felt like we should be pals at first, but I always felt like you were cold and aloof. I tried to tell myself it was maybe just your roleplay, but for some reason it didn't feel that way. And I have to say, it was painfully obvious that you were gunning for a leadership position.

Maybe we just didn't hit it off, and that's the way it goes. Hope you enjoyed the character. I felt really bad that time with the crashes in Sitrain, you and Ariel got royally screwed.

Good luck with your next.

Oh, were you like, half-afk a few times when we were ranking? Almost went bad that time with Griktak in arial city!

Aarn

Nian (Guest)Fri 22-May-09 07:50 AM

#80038, "Alas, I have to second this"
In response to Reply #4

> Okay. I had a hard time with Araevin. I felt like we should be pals at first, but I always felt like you were cold and aloof. I tried to tell myself it was maybe just your roleplay, but for some reason it didn't feel that way.

At one time, I had taken the blunt of the Imperial Council's attacks, with you aiding me. I got the Codex, with about 34% left. A laying of hands would have been appreciated, personally if not tactically. Normally, I don't even have to ask, I just get it, but you bailed out the moment we finished. I'm sure it wasn't intended to be like that, but it's basically abandoning me. But whatever, I can handle myself.

Basically, I thought you a mix of highs and lows, both quite high. The good heavily outweighed the bad, so no hard feelings from my part.

See you in the fields!

Elorik (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 11:07 PM

#80019, "Taught me some stuff."
In response to Reply #0

Much appreciated. Enjoyed playing with you and all that. Take care now.

Dierj (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 10:58 PM

#80018, "Ah..bummer"
In response to Reply #0

We had a lot of really fun ones I think. Thanks for being a cool opponent. Good luck

Adekar (Guest)Thu 21-May-09 10:42 PM

#80016, "Liked you. Good luck with your next. nt"
In response to Reply #0

;

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #80015 Previous topic | Next topic