Subject: "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructive Hand of Daevryn, Imperial High Priest" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59801
Show all folders

IsildurSun 15-Jul-07 06:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59835, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructive Hand of Daevryn, Imperial High Priest"

I enjoyed our interactions, and especially the "demanding" aspect. With my last empowered character I also got a fair bit of interaction, but it was basically "pat on the back" type stuff. That's also cool, but it's nice to have a deity that gives you some concrete goals to work towards. The three big things I remember you asking from me were:

1. Get High Priest.
2. Don't be Hunsobo's dispel monkey.
3. Get Emperor.

I thought I did pretty well with the High Priest thing. It honestly never occurred to me to petition the Empire imms to remove Rodalrina. That seemed like the exact sort of "whining" that would earn me criticism instead of reward. I had set it up such that as soon as she auto'd I'd be High Priest. Hunsobo had already agreed to petition Kharg to put me in Rodalrina's place, I hero'd, and my donations were good. I think Kharg even said she was going to do it at the earliest opportunity; she was just stymied by Rodalrina never being around to demote.

When it came to getting Emperor, I felt like I didn't have much of a shot. Assuming Hunsobo wins a three-way tie, my only chance was if both he and Ktaar voted for me. If Hunsobo thought Ktaar were going to vote for me, then he would renege on our pact and vote for Ktaar. So not only did I have to have Ktaar's vote, I had to have Ktaar convince Hunsobo that Hunsobo also had Ktaar's vote. I had intended to double-cross Hunsobo and vote for Ktaar until Hunsobo surprised me with the "cc" idea. Even if I had, though, it would been a tie since Ktaar went with Hunsobo. And if Hunsobo had had any reason to suspect treachery on my part then he might have voted for Ktaar just to spite me. It seemed like my best shot was to vote for Hunsobo, assume he wouldn't screw me, then let Ktaar pick the new Emperor. My hope was that Ktaar would conclude that voting for me did the most to bolster his own odds, since Hunsobo was clearly the favorite.

With regard to being only "part of a team" instead of trying to stand out from the pack...well, I guess I can see that. But I did solo raid sometimes when I could have called on Hunsobo (or others) to aid. Raiding any of the four enemy cabals, for a duergar shaman, is a humongous pain in the butt. Battle is impossible. Outlander is near-impossible without blowing a crapload of gold on healing pills. Fortress was doable, but it took at least 2 bouts of sleeping to complete (or copious use of pills). I guess I could have been more insistent about drawing attention to myself when I did do something noteworthy, but that seemed more "sphere vanity" than "sphere destruction".

Sidenote: does your tattoo do something special that you just never revealed to me? I think I noticed one thing, but it didn't seem to work very reliably at all. I kept thinking there must be something to it that I just never figured out (or was never told about).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructive Ha... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 15-Jul-07 07:29 PM
Reply Good job., Lyristeon, 17-Jul-07 12:19 AM, #26
Reply Not Waserax but, incognito, 16-Jul-07 04:30 PM, #27
Reply I will start a Shaman thread in Gameplay real soon. -nt..., Mek (Guest), 16-Jul-07 06:12 PM, #28
Reply RE: Good job., Isildur, 16-Jul-07 10:47 PM, #29
Reply RE: Good job., ORB, 16-Jul-07 11:22 PM, #30
Reply Stand up char all the way around., Vhloughvang (Guest), 16-Jul-07 01:44 PM, #25
Reply You were by far my favorite..., Zesam, 15-Jul-07 07:16 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Vryaeth (Guest), 15-Jul-07 07:02 PM, #20
Reply Nicely done., Twych (Guest), 15-Jul-07 11:36 AM, #17
Reply Excellent Character, Quezzumpliet, 14-Jul-07 02:13 PM, #12
Reply Gratz on a great character, Zulghinlour, 13-Jul-07 09:47 PM, #2
Reply RE: Gratz on a great character, Isildur, 13-Jul-07 09:55 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Isildur, 13-Jul-07 09:43 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Xin (Guest), 13-Jul-07 10:13 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Soayel (Guest), 13-Jul-07 10:38 PM, #5
     Reply RE Log Post Deletion, Niheriva (Guest), 13-Jul-07 11:05 PM, #6
     Reply RE: RE Log Post Deletion, Isildur, 13-Jul-07 11:17 PM, #7
          Reply YES JOIN THE DARK SIDE!!!, drovis (Guest), 14-Jul-07 09:21 AM, #8
     Reply Nice Job, Khasotholas, 14-Jul-07 01:16 PM, #9
     Reply Hunsobo greet High Priest., Hunsobo (Guest), 14-Jul-07 01:35 PM, #10
     Reply Oh and the vote..., Hunsobo (Guest), 14-Jul-07 01:37 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Hunsobo greet High Priest., Isildur, 14-Jul-07 10:14 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Zarilia (Guest), 14-Jul-07 08:27 PM, #13
     Reply What I saw was good, Victoria2 (Guest), 15-Jul-07 03:38 AM, #15
     Reply Great Character!, Kastellyn, 15-Jul-07 10:59 AM, #16
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Daevryn, 15-Jul-07 01:45 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Isildur, 15-Jul-07 06:21 PM #19
     Reply Two questions, one for Innis, one for the peanut galler..., Isildur, 15-Jul-07 07:50 PM, #22
     Reply Was around you a bit as Felenera...., Tac, 16-Jul-07 08:37 AM, #23
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Ktaar (Guest), 16-Jul-07 12:04 PM, #24
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59801 Previous topic | Next topic