Subject: "RE: Hunsobo greet High Priest." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59801
Show all folders

IsildurSat 14-Jul-07 10:14 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59823, "RE: Hunsobo greet High Priest."

>I thought your char was very very well roleplayed and very
>tough. I think you could have been a lot more scary, but you
>seem to have some sense of honor that made you hardly ever
> that I saw) use Rot.

I used rot sometimes, but only in situations where I thought I had no other (realistic) way of killing my opponent. As for the honor thing, it was mostly a matter of pragmatism. Maybe this makes me a poor roleplayer of evils, but that's how evil characters of mine tend to operate. If you weren't actively opposing the Empire, hadn't pissed me off personally and didn't have any gear that I wanted, then I would probably leave you alone.

There was this conjurer I was hunting once, who I'd never seen before but suspected was a goodie. I determined he was in Organia and went in after him. Ended up finding him with a puny luminous archon, no elemental, sleeping next to a pretty nasty mob. Thing is, his gear indicated he was neutral and he wasn't wearing anything of interest to me. So while I stood a decent chance of killing him, what would have been the point, other than to pad my record? If I were feeding an unholy weapon or something, then sure, I'd have whacked the guy, but as a shaman? Meh.

>It's been said before but yes we were definitely a force when
>together.

I've had some time to contemplate the Hunsobo/Waserax dynamic, and what was both rewarding and unfortunate about it. This may sound silly, but I think I subconsciously developed a sort of "soldier" mentality. I had a job to do and I was going to do it, because that was my duty. Whether or not I "enjoyed" it was irrelevant; it just had to be done.

When I logged on, if we didn't have the Codex, my job was to get it back. If we did, then my (our) job was to get all the other items, and do whatever was possible to keep them. The cool thing was that we were pretty like-minded in this regard, so neither of us ever had to nudge the other one in the right direction. We both just sort of knew that "this is what we do."

The unfortunate aspect of that is that after enough repetition, it changed into more of a "job". We even discussed this a little bit in game. Log on, retake Codex, take Orb/Scepter/Fetish, defend, go gather donations and restock preps, then it's about time to logoff. Then do the same thing the next day, and the next. I'm really not sure what the solution is. I can't see playing a caballed character half-assed and not taking retrieval/raiding seriously, but after a while the "duty" component almost always morphs into joyless obligation.

>Great char, good luck on the next (but not if it's good align!

You too man. Hey, who knows, maybe we'll find ourselves working together as part of Team Good. Stranger things have happened.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructive Ha... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 15-Jul-07 07:29 PM
Reply Good job., Lyristeon, 17-Jul-07 12:19 AM, #26
Reply Not Waserax but, incognito, 16-Jul-07 04:30 PM, #27
Reply I will start a Shaman thread in Gameplay real soon. -nt..., Mek (Guest), 16-Jul-07 06:12 PM, #28
Reply RE: Good job., Isildur, 16-Jul-07 10:47 PM, #29
Reply RE: Good job., ORB, 16-Jul-07 11:22 PM, #30
Reply Stand up char all the way around., Vhloughvang (Guest), 16-Jul-07 01:44 PM, #25
Reply You were by far my favorite..., Zesam, 15-Jul-07 07:16 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Vryaeth (Guest), 15-Jul-07 07:02 PM, #20
Reply Nicely done., Twych (Guest), 15-Jul-07 11:36 AM, #17
Reply Excellent Character, Quezzumpliet, 14-Jul-07 02:13 PM, #12
Reply Gratz on a great character, Zulghinlour, 13-Jul-07 09:47 PM, #2
Reply RE: Gratz on a great character, Isildur, 13-Jul-07 09:55 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Isildur, 13-Jul-07 09:43 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Xin (Guest), 13-Jul-07 10:13 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Soayel (Guest), 13-Jul-07 10:38 PM, #5
     Reply RE Log Post Deletion, Niheriva (Guest), 13-Jul-07 11:05 PM, #6
     Reply RE: RE Log Post Deletion, Isildur, 13-Jul-07 11:17 PM, #7
          Reply YES JOIN THE DARK SIDE!!!, drovis (Guest), 14-Jul-07 09:21 AM, #8
     Reply Nice Job, Khasotholas, 14-Jul-07 01:16 PM, #9
     Reply Hunsobo greet High Priest., Hunsobo (Guest), 14-Jul-07 01:35 PM, #10
     Reply Oh and the vote..., Hunsobo (Guest), 14-Jul-07 01:37 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Hunsobo greet High Priest., Isildur, 14-Jul-07 10:14 PM #14
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Zarilia (Guest), 14-Jul-07 08:27 PM, #13
     Reply What I saw was good, Victoria2 (Guest), 15-Jul-07 03:38 AM, #15
     Reply Great Character!, Kastellyn, 15-Jul-07 10:59 AM, #16
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Daevryn, 15-Jul-07 01:45 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Isildur, 15-Jul-07 06:21 PM, #19
     Reply Two questions, one for Innis, one for the peanut galler..., Isildur, 15-Jul-07 07:50 PM, #22
     Reply Was around you a bit as Felenera...., Tac, 16-Jul-07 08:37 AM, #23
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Ktaar (Guest), 16-Jul-07 12:04 PM, #24
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59801 Previous topic | Next topic