Subject: "Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55967
Show all folders

YsaloeryeWed 14-Mar-07 12:00 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56275, "Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's"
Edited on Wed 14-Mar-07 12:02 PM

Thrakazhaar was a fun character. The CF concept of death/rebirth has always been fascinating to me, so I wanted to roll a character whose role rationlized it. I wasn't actively trying for condeath, but it just seems to have happened.

Lots of thanks go out to the Immortals. Lyristeon, Kastellyn, Ysaloerye, Yean, Daevryn and Rayihn. All of you made Thrak enjoyable. I especially love all the tells I used to get that were meant for Thrakburzug. Baerinika gets special notice for making that mistake the most, and being the best sport about my colorful responses.

Another thank you goes out to my enemies. I'm not going to name any of you particularly. When I had level 44, I had 18 con. It was about a month ago. A week later, I had 10 con. A week after that, during the rites, I was a death from condeath (thanks Kastellyn). I do want to say one thing. DAMN ALL OF YOU FOR NOT FULL-LOOTING. Heh. There were three or four logins there where I lost 2 to 3 con because I had no head/faced bad odds. And because everytime I died and wasn't looted, then my role couldn't really justify sitting around and no fighting my enemies/trying to get the head back. If I was looted, then I could waste an hour regearing and not dying at the Rift four times. Towards the end, during those times, I was forced to drop link to save myself from the continual conloss. All in all, I loved pretty much all my enemies.

The final thank yous go to Battle.

Gharral - Shamanman, I love your characters (even though you always make me mobdeath). Keep your spirit and I'll keep liking your chars.

Pesh - Man. I love you. Manlove, but still. Thanks for Conquest at rank 23 or whatever.

Drakgrak - Great serious dwarf. Good drillmaster. Thanks for all the forging. You're one of the best.

Eulinda - Man. I wanted to delete that time when I was a village app. I had no idea IC/OOC where the nexus rift was. You tell me all north from the dock (I had already gone one north and one west, ugh) and I end up on Strange Island walking into a fortress gank and get all my nice stuff looted. You then send me the tell 'My, you are such a disapointment'. Heh, I'd like to think you grew on me in my later years. Thanks so much, you're a beast. Way to waste my con getting your recently destroyed things (heh), just kidding.

Vhloughvang - Despite what people on this board, I think you are doing great. Just keep putting in the effort. That's all anyone can ask. While Taelina killed me in the Rites during our battle, you had me. You are a damn good fighter.

Taelina - Words cannot express it. Awesome.

Eled - Partner in ranking deaths near level. Ugh. You, me and Golanth most have left 20 bodies on that mountain. You were robbed in the rites.

Golanth - Heh. Steady, always could count on you.

Arc - I can't spell the rest of your name. Not around as much as I'd like, but I enjoyed when you were around.

Grimbledorf - I liked you a lot. Great character.

Brinkmun - Beast. Wish you would have taken me to the Tower.

Nharrpos - Beast #2. Heh, I loved you man. My not-so smart giant partner. You beasted some people.

Fhaen, Kaasi, all you other new blood - I generally liked all of you.

Especially Twilakon! You were awesome. I loved your answers during our little interview.

I will say this, ragers suck. I will probably never play another because of the drawbacks. I would say half of my deaths could have been prevented with quaff return. Whereas I can only say about 5% of my kills were due to battle powers (I'm guessing I was about 45-70). I could count the number of times Deathblow landed in pk on my hands until about three days ago. I could also count the amount of times one spellbane would have saved me. Yes when Battle was in power (like during the rites) I was uber powerful, but those days were not really commonplace for me until after the Rites (around hours 140-145 for me), and even then, I never noticed them being badass. I will also say to Graatch, since he was somewhat my inspiration, that you are amazing for being as good a rager player as you are. I can now forever actually be able to argue with you since I've finally played a villager.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakazhaar the Unrelenting Beast o... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 10-Mar-07 01:12 PM
Reply Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's, Ysaloerye, 14-Mar-07 12:02 PM #13
Reply RE: Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's, Lyristeon, 14-Mar-07 02:11 PM, #14
Reply RE: Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's, Yean, 14-Mar-07 02:45 PM, #15
Reply RE: Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's, Eulinda (Guest), 14-Mar-07 03:19 PM, #16
Reply Dunderheid!, Ysaloerye, 14-Mar-07 11:58 AM, #12
Reply I liked this character., Daevryn, 13-Mar-07 08:19 PM, #8
Reply Perhaps you unban him from this site? :) n/t, Taelina (Guest), 13-Mar-07 08:23 PM, #9
     Reply That sounds like a lot of work. :), Daevryn, 13-Mar-07 08:25 PM, #10
          Reply You made me snort tea out my nose!, Oouuchie (Guest), 13-Mar-07 09:23 PM, #11
Reply Fearless, Tsyda (Guest), 12-Mar-07 02:50 PM, #7
Reply I just couldn't resist..., Hunsobo (Guest), 12-Mar-07 01:59 PM, #6
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakazhaar the Unrelenting Bea..., Kastellyn, 12-Mar-07 11:21 AM, #5
Reply Ahh #### both of you :(, A Sad Commander (Guest), 11-Mar-07 09:35 PM, #4
Reply I'm kinda surprised it was con-loss, Nano (Guest), 10-Mar-07 03:59 PM, #2
Reply Thrakie!, Drak (Guest), 10-Mar-07 02:33 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Thrakie!, Verakh (Guest), 11-Mar-07 11:01 AM, #3
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55967 Previous topic | Next topic