Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakazhaar the Unrelenting Beast o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55967
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 10-Mar-07 01:12 PM
Member since 12th May 2024
16842 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55967, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakazhaar the Unrelenting Beast of Battle"

Sat Mar 10 12:09:09 2007

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Thrakazhaar perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:175

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's, Ysaloerye, 14-Mar-07 12:02 PM, #13
Reply RE: Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's, Lyristeon, 14-Mar-07 02:11 PM, #14
Reply RE: Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's, Yean, 14-Mar-07 02:45 PM, #15
Reply RE: Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's, Eulinda (Guest), 14-Mar-07 03:19 PM, #16
Reply Dunderheid!, Ysaloerye, 14-Mar-07 11:58 AM, #12
Reply I liked this character., Daevryn, 13-Mar-07 08:19 PM, #8
Reply Perhaps you unban him from this site? :) n/t, Taelina (Guest), 13-Mar-07 08:23 PM, #9
     Reply That sounds like a lot of work. :), Daevryn, 13-Mar-07 08:25 PM, #10
          Reply You made me snort tea out my nose!, Oouuchie (Guest), 13-Mar-07 09:23 PM, #11
Reply Fearless, Tsyda (Guest), 12-Mar-07 02:50 PM, #7
Reply I just couldn't resist..., Hunsobo (Guest), 12-Mar-07 01:59 PM, #6
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakazhaar the Unrelenting Bea..., Kastellyn, 12-Mar-07 11:21 AM, #5
Reply Ahh #### both of you :(, A Sad Commander (Guest), 11-Mar-07 09:35 PM, #4
Reply I'm kinda surprised it was con-loss, Nano (Guest), 10-Mar-07 03:59 PM, #2
Reply Thrakie!, Drak (Guest), 10-Mar-07 02:33 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Thrakie!, Verakh (Guest), 11-Mar-07 11:01 AM, #3

YsaloeryeWed 14-Mar-07 12:00 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56275, "Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 14-Mar-07 12:02 PM

Thrakazhaar was a fun character. The CF concept of death/rebirth has always been fascinating to me, so I wanted to roll a character whose role rationlized it. I wasn't actively trying for condeath, but it just seems to have happened.

Lots of thanks go out to the Immortals. Lyristeon, Kastellyn, Ysaloerye, Yean, Daevryn and Rayihn. All of you made Thrak enjoyable. I especially love all the tells I used to get that were meant for Thrakburzug. Baerinika gets special notice for making that mistake the most, and being the best sport about my colorful responses.

Another thank you goes out to my enemies. I'm not going to name any of you particularly. When I had level 44, I had 18 con. It was about a month ago. A week later, I had 10 con. A week after that, during the rites, I was a death from condeath (thanks Kastellyn). I do want to say one thing. DAMN ALL OF YOU FOR NOT FULL-LOOTING. Heh. There were three or four logins there where I lost 2 to 3 con because I had no head/faced bad odds. And because everytime I died and wasn't looted, then my role couldn't really justify sitting around and no fighting my enemies/trying to get the head back. If I was looted, then I could waste an hour regearing and not dying at the Rift four times. Towards the end, during those times, I was forced to drop link to save myself from the continual conloss. All in all, I loved pretty much all my enemies.

The final thank yous go to Battle.

Gharral - Shamanman, I love your characters (even though you always make me mobdeath). Keep your spirit and I'll keep liking your chars.

Pesh - Man. I love you. Manlove, but still. Thanks for Conquest at rank 23 or whatever.

Drakgrak - Great serious dwarf. Good drillmaster. Thanks for all the forging. You're one of the best.

Eulinda - Man. I wanted to delete that time when I was a village app. I had no idea IC/OOC where the nexus rift was. You tell me all north from the dock (I had already gone one north and one west, ugh) and I end up on Strange Island walking into a fortress gank and get all my nice stuff looted. You then send me the tell 'My, you are such a disapointment'. Heh, I'd like to think you grew on me in my later years. Thanks so much, you're a beast. Way to waste my con getting your recently destroyed things (heh), just kidding.

Vhloughvang - Despite what people on this board, I think you are doing great. Just keep putting in the effort. That's all anyone can ask. While Taelina killed me in the Rites during our battle, you had me. You are a damn good fighter.

Taelina - Words cannot express it. Awesome.

Eled - Partner in ranking deaths near level. Ugh. You, me and Golanth most have left 20 bodies on that mountain. You were robbed in the rites.

Golanth - Heh. Steady, always could count on you.

Arc - I can't spell the rest of your name. Not around as much as I'd like, but I enjoyed when you were around.

Grimbledorf - I liked you a lot. Great character.

Brinkmun - Beast. Wish you would have taken me to the Tower.

Nharrpos - Beast #2. Heh, I loved you man. My not-so smart giant partner. You beasted some people.

Fhaen, Kaasi, all you other new blood - I generally liked all of you.

Especially Twilakon! You were awesome. I loved your answers during our little interview.

I will say this, ragers suck. I will probably never play another because of the drawbacks. I would say half of my deaths could have been prevented with quaff return. Whereas I can only say about 5% of my kills were due to battle powers (I'm guessing I was about 45-70). I could count the number of times Deathblow landed in pk on my hands until about three days ago. I could also count the amount of times one spellbane would have saved me. Yes when Battle was in power (like during the rites) I was uber powerful, but those days were not really commonplace for me until after the Rites (around hours 140-145 for me), and even then, I never noticed them being badass. I will also say to Graatch, since he was somewhat my inspiration, that you are amazing for being as good a rager player as you are. I can now forever actually be able to argue with you since I've finally played a villager.

LyristeonWed 14-Mar-07 02:11 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56276, "RE: Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's"
In response to Reply #13

Mad props goes out to you for this one. I just watched you get kicked in the junk by hoards so many times and you just picked yourself back up and killed them back. I haven't made that much gear for someone in a really long time. When I wasn't giving you gear I watched for something sweet to happen and I would throw out some nice exp to help you along because I knew you were having a bitch of a time gaining those last few ranks. I had already done so much that I didn't want to overdo it with con. But, if you had prayed for some, you would have gotten a quest for that as well. Great job, keep them coming.

YeanWed 14-Mar-07 02:45 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#56281, "RE: Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's"
In response to Reply #13

Didn't get to interact with you much, but I enjoyed the character nonetheless. You gave me a really good impression when you first spoke to me, and it remained throughout your run as a Villager. I liked the focus in Strength, and thought you played it out really well. All the best to your next!

Eulinda (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 03:19 PM

#56283, "RE: Thrakies Goodbye from Dio's"
In response to Reply #13

Thraky! (And yes, I take full credit for everyone calling you that!)

I wondered if you would remember that, when we were raiding and you were the only person who could fight Zesam (you were like 28th or 30th level I think) and he was doing his usual best at being an annoying out of range healer. We saw you were around and were very excited to finally have someone to take care of him, so I sent you that tell and said to come, and then a few more tells and then something around 35 minutes later we finished and you never showed up, so I sent you that disappointment tell.

Rest assured you grew on Eulinda as time went on and she was always happy to see you. But she, like everyone else it seems, wanted to bang her cute little face against any blunt object nearby whenever she would see or hear about you going on suicide runs. It was painful!

But you were a lot of fun and played your side of our interactions with fun and good spirit and you were a good comrade to have when the blood started to flow, so what else could a sister berserker ask for? Other than some nice new things!!

Make another one!

YsaloeryeWed 14-Mar-07 11:58 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#56274, "Dunderheid!"
In response to Reply #0

Man so many times I chuckled to myself, "Another poor sod, hit by the Thrak Truck!" and so many other times I said to myself "is this boy thick? Bashing your head against the wall will not knock it down."
But whatever you had me saying I thought you were a good 'serker and certainly weren't short on the gonadal fortitude. Whenever you had them to the wall, I was cheering you on.

DaevrynTue 13-Mar-07 08:19 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#56232, "I liked this character."
In response to Reply #0

Fun role, fun play. Man it did hurt me to watch you die and die, even re-equipping, though. Get some hit points back first, man!

Good luck with your next. You're clearly not afraid to try out a variety of things and I get the feeling you're learning from it.

Taelina (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 08:23 PM

#56234, "Perhaps you unban him from this site? :) n/t"
In response to Reply #8

n/t

DaevrynTue 13-Mar-07 08:25 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#56235, "That sounds like a lot of work. :)"
In response to Reply #9

I assume he'll just break my heart and whore his computer out to surly-mood Deathweaver again. (I like unsurly Deathweaver a lot, but when the guy gets angry about something it's almost like dealing with a whole other person that I want to hit with my car.)

Oouuchie (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 09:23 PM

#56240, "You made me snort tea out my nose!"
In response to Reply #10

That was funny, .. good thing I do not have a car otherwise I could definately see this as a technique for stress relief.

Tsyda (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 02:50 PM

#56127, "Fearless"
In response to Reply #0

that is the one word that I can best use to describe you. You waded into battle with weapon swinging and you didn't run easily and sometimes not at all when a testicle withdrawl (thanks hunsobo for that one) would have been not only prudent but wholly acceptable even by berserker standards. It verged on foolish sometimes but having played many villagers myself over the years there is a ton of fun to be had in being reckless and just going for it.

Sorry we couldn't have had at least one more rematch after I killed you with the walrus. You said you'd be back then next thing I know your in the graveyard. Ah well.

--Tsyda

Hunsobo (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 01:59 PM

#56119, "I just couldn't resist..."
In response to Reply #0

Don't have the log right now, but when I was walking down Eastern Road and you'd just killed Aithirmeis...

Thrakazhaar is here.
Thrakazhaar gives you the head of Aithirmeis.
Thrakazhaar grins evilly.

cb Thrakguy jus' give Hunsobo head.

Nobody even dared to ask for an explanation.

Nice char, we only fought that one time that I remember, was a good fight.

KastellynMon 12-Mar-07 11:21 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#56106, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Thrakazhaar the Unrelenting Bea..."
In response to Reply #0

Great job, you earned the respect of allies and enemies alike. Always solid RP, you fought and died like a berserker should. Hope you enjoyed the character, and good luck with the next!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

A Sad Commander (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 09:35 PM

#56056, "Ahh #### both of you :("
In response to Reply #0

Jesus this is a sad day for me man. I dont know what to say, you were one of my favorites for sure. You were a damned beast, and you had soo much guts you could inspire anyone in the heat of war. It was great playing with you and I am really glad you got the extra con and some of the cool stuff you were given. If you need a PBF pick up I would be glad to. I hope you enjoyed this char as much as we all and I mean EVERYONE who played against you or with you did.

Woe is the village with the loss of two great kin.

Nano (Guest)Sat 10-Mar-07 03:59 PM

#55982, "I'm kinda surprised it was con-loss"
In response to Reply #0

Were you careless, or was it just because you liked to go solo so often?

Have to say - I noticed how you'd seperate from the pack more than any other villager. While others would go around paired with a defender/bard, you were the berserker that deserves huge credit for actually going out alone and calling for support when you needed it - instead of having it 'required' to be onhand before you engaged in tricky fights.

In my mind, con-loss is not something to be ashamed of. Because it shows you took risks, kicked ass and had fun. See you in the fields.

Drak (Guest)Sat 10-Mar-07 02:33 PM

#55971, "Thrakie!"
In response to Reply #0

I had a soft spot for you. You were one of a bunch of highly recommended kids headed by the inimitable shamanman and I am sore I could not do more with you. Even at the younger ranks you tore after people and all the imm given armor were definitely deserved. I think I know who the player is behind the char, and if I am right he was one of the best newbies in the game back in the day.
You reminded me of Trurkrag a lot. Was real fun being around you, good showing in the rites and some good solid fighting as well. Return to the fields.

Verakh (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 11:01 AM

#56014, "RE: Thrakie!"
In response to Reply #1

Aww you gotta be ####ting me, you were my favorite villager You actually _RP_ed the whole "change from your bad magic ways" and such with me by going to the Inn and buying me booze

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55967 Previous topic | Next topic