Subject: "RE: (CON) Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander of War" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4414
Show all folders

HammerSongThu 21-Feb-02 03:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4416, "RE: (CON) Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander of War"

I won't make this long, blunt and to the point. Like Kastellyn has said, leading battle is both a blessing and a curse. You are to blame if things go wrong and you are never given credit if things go well. I took a chance with Loborguz. Both dedicated and very willing to lead, I saw in him everything I wanted in a leader. You were the epitomy of courage in how you never really cared about your life and was thrilled when you would go up against multiple enemies regardless of how difficult the situation looked.

I liked that.

You would raid against the odds, so much like old leaders in the past. Creon, Josiah are two (of the same) individuals who stick out when it comes to this, but you definately will stick out as someone who tested the odds and many times bested them.

You stayed consistent with your role-playing and I liked the wolverine twist. It was something I could relate to being a comic book collector years ago.

Being titled 'Iron-Clawed' was a reflection of how you lead. I can't really say I'm sure if I liked it yet, but it was your 'style.' You chose to be a mean bastard and if it wasn't your way it was the highway. I was very curious to see if those individuals who claimed they would challenge you in the Rites would follow through but nothing ever seemed to come out of it. They had every reason and right to because you seemed to 'demand' respect. Every leader should have to earn it.

Eventually, you did earn that respect from the individuals who faught at your side. You died most often to save their lives and you lived with a conviction that isn't seen too often in many ragers. You were, by far, one of the better leaders to come along and I definately saw you grow into the position of commander. However: Here comes the constructive criticism -

As mentioned above, it was your way or the highway. Maybe I dislike it so much because it's often how I would handle things. You taught me that maybe that isn't necessarily the best way to deal with players. Players have to earn your respect in order to risk their lives for you. I don't think you really gave many ragers a chance to earn your respect. You were very demanding and this began as you took over the General position. I am quite confident that you learned from this but I do think no matter what character you take on in the future, you should keep this in mind.

Interactions: I realize you expected interactions from the battle immortals but most of your time as leader was during the time when I was in the middle of many things. When I did get a chance to watch you at work, you would be gone for long periods of time: which you explained to me: and then return after those long periods of time and mass induct. I couldn't stand this. I thought it was a way of undercutting your responsibilities and felt that it really cheapened the experience for some of the newly inducted. I do realize however that when you had more time on your hands you started making the inductions much harder. Which I applaud and appreciate.

Gratification vs patience: Sometimes I felt you wanted instant gratification. Immortals like to see how individuals can figure things out without stepping in and helping them. I felt that a lot of times you wanted me to step in and help out. It was very much against my role to do so. Sometimes you would press an issue and expect my take on things. You would complain because you didn't think a skill worked right because it didn't work 'for you.' Or that battleragers should be able to thirst/dust around the Noldarian Smiths during the sylvan war. Some of these things were meant to be that way, even if it didn't seem fair to you. You were always concerned with how I felt about your actions and I felt that was the last thing you should be concerned with. When all is said and done: what matters in the end is how "you" feel about your character. You aren't playing this game to please me. You are playing it to escape and have fun on your own behalf. That being said, let things fall into place. I understood that you couldn't control your time in Thera because you approached me and told me your predicament. This was much of the reason why Nerylana became a Commander when you did. To help you out. Use that same knowledge to step into the shoes of immortals and realize that they probably can't give you instant gratification because they have RL issues as well as other players wanting their full attention.

The difficulty of it all was deciding whether you were a newbie (who I tend to favor as the most dedicated) or an experienced player. I would watch you do some things and think to myself 'Why in the hell did he just do that?' Other times you would pull of some really good battles that made me think 'Wow, that's interesting.' The good most definately drowned the bad because you stuck it out to the end. Not only did that earn you a place on the pillar but it earned you the right to be talked about in CF lore.

Thanks for all of your effort and hard work. It definately made it easier on Kast and I.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander of Wa... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 03-Feb-02 12:58 AM
Reply RE: (CON) Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander of War, Reader (Guest), 27-Feb-02 10:39 AM, #42
Reply RE: (CON) Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander of War, HammerSong, 21-Feb-02 03:12 PM #40
Reply RE: (CON) Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander of War, Loborguz, 23-Feb-02 02:19 PM, #41
Reply My Thoughts, Kastellyn, 07-Feb-02 07:05 PM, #36
Reply Ironic...For Lob, Doesn't know alot but knows a little about everyth (Guest), 07-Feb-02 02:52 PM, #35
Reply hopefully you will read this., bereuht (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 07:25 AM, #30
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., annonymous onlooker (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 05:36 AM, #27
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., BattleCharmed (Calislas) (Guest) (Guest), 05-Feb-02 10:28 PM, #23
Reply Oh Lobo..., Steelbiter (Guest), 03-Feb-02 11:57 PM, #5
Reply Well, Battlerager (Guest) (Guest), 03-Feb-02 04:39 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Loborguz (Guest) (Guest), 03-Feb-02 04:39 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Karithia (Guest) (Guest), 03-Feb-02 10:41 PM, #3
     Reply heh, Viornsra (Guest) (Guest), 03-Feb-02 11:32 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Lokaoan (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 01:34 AM, #6
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., NbM (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 11:54 AM, #12
     Reply Well done..., Pinnt (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 04:08 AM, #7
     Reply To set things straight, Drucyrus (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 06:27 AM, #8
     Reply As long as, Thief (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 06:40 PM, #18
     Reply RE: To set things straight, Some guy (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 03:03 AM, #26
     Reply No, what happened was..., Gronk (Guest), 06-Feb-02 06:07 AM, #28
     Reply A brief concise point being quickly made (That's pretty..., Belarinth (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 11:31 AM, #31
     Reply Nope, Drucyrus (Guest) (Guest), 07-Feb-02 03:32 AM, #33
          Reply No offense, Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 07-Feb-02 10:47 AM, #34
               Reply I will make an exception to my not acknowledging you r..., Drucyrus (Guest) (Guest), 08-Feb-02 12:02 AM, #37
     Reply RE: To set things straight, Kolun (Guest) (Guest), 08-Feb-02 12:55 AM, #38
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Iillien (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 07:07 AM, #9
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Some guy (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 02:50 AM, #25
          Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Iillien (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 06:42 AM, #29
     Reply Yeah, same to you bub.., Grollaski (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 09:28 AM, #10
     Reply Excellent job, Intronan (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 09:40 AM, #11
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Krajus Krajus Krajus (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 01:09 PM, #13
     Reply I felt like wise, jasmin (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 01:58 PM, #14
     Reply Bidefahl/Llaiserius/ Ralemos, Xanthrailles, 04-Feb-02 03:06 PM, #15
     Reply I'm used to it...always the unforgetable who are forgot..., Yuber (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 03:17 PM, #16
     Reply I'm so messed up! Help me daddy!, Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 04:34 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Manecit (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 08:54 PM, #19
     Reply RE: OLD SCHOOL RAGER (VERY LONG), Marlek (Guest) (Guest), 04-Feb-02 09:07 PM, #20
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Grolgthus (Guest) (Guest), 05-Feb-02 12:02 AM, #21
     Reply RE: (CON) <BATTLE> Loborguz the Iron-Clawed Commander o..., Aubrey (Guest) (Guest), 05-Feb-02 09:52 PM, #22
     Reply Scary Fights, Minyar, 06-Feb-02 01:26 AM, #24
     Reply Fare thee well, Rio (Guest) (Guest), 06-Feb-02 12:06 PM, #32
     Reply Hey bub, Remember me?, Gerandin (Guest) (Guest), 08-Feb-02 04:57 PM, #39
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4414 Previous topic | Next topic