Subject: "RE: Well, let's see:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43100
Show all folders

gosen (Guest)Thu 01-Dec-05 08:38 PM

#43332, "RE: Well, let's see:"

---I've never had the kind of problems you're describing improving blackjack. Neither has anyone else I've spoken to. I have to assume you were running around wielding and axe trying to blackjack things or something similarly counterproductive.

I havent deleted faior yet, I think he is still there. his skill is 75, and no, almost always wielding a dagger and nothing else. As per blackjack, the blackjack was always in main hand, and mace 100 by the time I was practicing it much. There arent exactly many thieves running around, but the one I saw with any frequency was the one that could haggle bones off of a lich. I forget his name now. He also gave up on blackjack. look at his skill too. No, I wasnt using an axe, though I know what this is in reference too (whistles innocently while thinking of his shifter spam casting spells for improvements and wondering why there isnt one)

Necros/tripping/etc chunk: Man, where do I even start here. Trip is still great. Even at the low levels trip still feels horribly unfair to me when I'm on the thief side of things and not the mage side of things. Contrary to what you think, a necromancer with fly potions cannot realistically keep fly up for life. If, on the other hand, the necromancer quaffed a fly potion because they saw you coming, you already botched the biggest advantage you had as a thief -- in most cases, you almost couldn't make a bigger mistake. Finally, no, "anyone" cannot have aura, barrier, and shield running at 32nd level. ####, I doubt I could do that. And even if they could? Again, not for life, and why are you letting the mage prep and then kill you?

You said here even at the low levels trip still fels horribly unfair to you when your on the thief side of things. yes, I agree. but even with the things I saw it carried over far into the upper ranks too. all those misses in the lower/mid 40's. As per necromancers, they cant keep fly up for life. they dont have to. Trip is going to lag someone for two rounds. If, and truly only if they havent spam walked, they are going to flee/quaff a potion of flying. Even moreso, thats if, and only if you outlive all their pets. believe me, I can hide, I am going to stay hidden. As per wands, How long do you keep logs of the things characters do? I believe it was razmorthin at level 32 that got ganged by 3 people, one of them being a druid with two pets. Those three got their ass kicked, and I think two of them fled, before the necromancer bit it? Its in a log on dios. Look out the damage redux he had on him on that fight. level 32. and if you can look at the wands he had. I know from sitting there stealing from him he had all three at level 32. Again no, not for life, but as a thief with no perm-lag ability, or defenses to fight the army for that long *with teh non wand preps I remember from about 2 years ago when I played last * A thief just isnt going to kill a necromancer even without pets/flying, etc. I am not saying its not probable, just not likely.

Orangutan worthless? Are you kidding me? I've seen many a shifter declare double utility PRAYING to get orangutan. That's a great form. If you couldn't beat people with it, it's because you couldn't beat people.

I on teh other hand have had the other forms. To me it is worthless compared to the fox, the hyena, and the snake. Most of my shifters have been double utility. in every scenario I can think of except for chasing someone, I would rather have any other utility form. #### I would rather have almost every other fourth tier form, and even some third tier forms in most cases.

Speckled pill: Not as easy as you're saying, and honestly, not even my preferred fast healing solution.

Eh. I would get speckleds because I can geta few at a time with 1 item, and the healing is lagless. The potions and the like I used to use when I gathered them were also of healing, but there is a lag to quaff. There isnt with eat. There are also no negative effects to the pill. I would rather 20 pills on me than a healer.

Old Twarek: Briefly true, and since fixed.
I was getting more and more ticked when I was writing before. It could have been he was assisting the special guards, and then all of mortorn etc assisting. Thank you for fixing it, but it was still too much for me to even bother keeping my char around after that one.

Anti-gang code: You don't understand and I'm not interested in explaining it right now.
I wrote it much more to point out that as long as a mob is with any party, the anti-ganging code doesnt work on them. That includes special guards, to which five people and 2 special guards are not affected by the code, and the solo 1 person they are ganging doesnt even get to see all the echoes before they die. There was more to the post but I dont feel like looking right now its 730, at my brothers house on his computer.

Level 32 mage dominating etc: If you think so, make a level-sitting level 32 mage and prove it.

I think again it was razmorthin, and another necromancer, I think also a scion? forget name. They proved it for me. I dont know where wands are. They keep moving, and I keep not playing the game. I dont have a char now, but I do have a thought I just might make another before school starts for me on jan 9th.

I don't think you can even get the A/B/S together, but even if you did... any good player playing a character with bash will still kill you, to name but the simplest answer to it.
you can, they did. Bash does not perm lag. At those levels with human pk range, being able to fight level 23's at 32. The 23's bashes have even more chance to miss than the high miss rate it already has. A necromancer at level 32 with I think can have a mummy, golem, and five zombies. Though changed a few years ago that level couldnt have anymore elite storm giants, they can still have elite dwarven guards and can haste them all for free. five hasted mobs three of them higher level than the level 32, with a/b/s I am not worried about one warrior, even if it was a level 35 arial sword spec warrior that even was able to drive me away from my pets. Rager on the other hand just depends on how healthy I am before I flee, what mobs I have near to vampiric, his weapons, etc. Irreguardless on all of these, a necromancer that prepared in the mid levels can get away with ease. bash/trip doesnt do enough for a long fight

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gosen the Sleepless Changeling, C... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 22-Nov-05 08:24 PM
Reply Gosen, Ilimya (Guest), 02-Dec-05 04:00 AM, #40
Reply RE: Gosen, gosen (Guest), 15-Dec-05 02:02 PM, #47
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gosen the Sleepless Changelin..., gosen (Guest), 25-Nov-05 12:06 PM, #10
Reply Let's just say that, nepenthe, 25-Nov-05 12:30 PM, #16
Reply RE: Let's just say that, gosen (Guest), 25-Nov-05 02:04 PM, #17
Reply Just curious what utility forms you wanted to complimen..., Theerkla, 25-Nov-05 03:15 PM, #19
Reply RE: Just curious what utility forms you wanted to compl..., forms (Guest), 01-Dec-05 08:12 PM, #27
     Reply RE: Just curious what utility forms you wanted to compl..., nepenthe, 01-Dec-05 09:20 PM, #32
          Reply RE: Just curious what utility forms you wanted to compl..., gosen (Guest), 01-Dec-05 09:45 PM, #36
               Reply Did you mean cobra instead of rattlesnake?, DurNominator, 02-Dec-05 01:48 AM, #39
               Reply RE: Did you mean cobra instead of rattlesnake?, gosen (Guest), 12-Dec-05 08:53 PM, #42
               Reply You're welcome to believe this stuff., Valguarnera, 02-Dec-05 09:58 AM, #41
               Reply RE: You're welcome to believe this stuff., gosen (Guest), 12-Dec-05 09:04 PM, #43
               Reply RE: You're welcome to believe this stuff., Someone (Guest), 20-Dec-05 10:36 PM, #57
               Reply Whereupon I try to be helpful..., DC Unreg (Guest), 12-Dec-05 11:56 PM, #44
                    Reply Chameleon and shifter chamo, DurNominator, 13-Dec-05 01:11 AM, #45
                    Reply RE: Whereupon I try to be helpful..., gosen (Guest), 15-Dec-05 02:43 PM, #48
                         Reply RE: Whereupon I try to be helpful..., nepenthe, 15-Dec-05 03:04 PM, #49
                         Reply RE: Whereupon I try to be helpful..., gosen (Guest), 20-Dec-05 08:33 PM, #53
                         Reply RE: Whereupon I try to be helpful..., DurNominator, 15-Dec-05 04:11 PM, #50
                         Reply RE: Whereupon I try to be helpful..., gosen (Guest), 20-Dec-05 08:38 PM, #54
                         Reply Orangutans and decked warriors., DC Unreg (Guest), 16-Dec-05 03:38 AM, #51
                              Reply I might add..., DC Unreg (Guest), 16-Dec-05 03:39 AM, #52
                              Reply RE: Orangutans and decked warriors., gosen (Guest), 20-Dec-05 09:11 PM, #55
Reply Well, let's see:, nepenthe, 25-Nov-05 04:00 PM, #20
Reply RE: Well, let's see:, Mage player (Guest), 25-Nov-05 06:10 PM, #21
Reply RE: Well, let's see:, nepenthe, 25-Nov-05 11:24 PM, #22
Reply RE: Well, let's see:, gosen (Guest), 01-Dec-05 08:38 PM #28
     Reply RE: Well, let's see:, nepenthe, 01-Dec-05 09:39 PM, #35
     Reply RE: Well, let's see:, gosen (Guest), 01-Dec-05 10:48 PM, #37
     Reply RE: Well, let's see:, Nivek1, 01-Dec-05 11:04 PM, #38
          Reply RE: Well, let's see:, gosen (Guest), 20-Dec-05 09:14 PM, #56
Reply Just to take one example, Daurwyn (Guest), 26-Nov-05 07:25 PM, #23
     Reply And:, nepenthe, 26-Nov-05 10:39 PM, #24
          Reply RE: And:, gosen (Guest), 01-Dec-05 08:49 PM, #29
Reply Thiefs and thief alone I feared more than any class as ..., Old Necro (Guest), 13-Dec-05 01:45 AM, #46
Reply Gosen, Martoonie, 27-Nov-05 07:28 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Gosen, gosen (Guest), 01-Dec-05 09:04 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Gosen, gosen (Guest), 01-Dec-05 09:32 PM, #34
Reply NooOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!, Okoqo (Guest), 22-Nov-05 09:53 PM, #3
Reply RE: gonna miss ya, spencer, 22-Nov-05 10:26 PM, #4
Reply RE: gonna miss ya, gosen (Guest), 25-Nov-05 12:10 PM, #12
     Reply RE: gonna miss ya, spencer, 28-Nov-05 04:58 PM, #26
          Reply RE: gonna miss ya, gosen (Guest), 01-Dec-05 09:14 PM, #31
Reply RE: NooOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!, gosen (Guest), 25-Nov-05 12:08 PM, #11
     Reply It was fun. :P, Okoqo (Guest), 25-Nov-05 02:45 PM, #18
          Reply RE: It was fun. :P, gosen (Guest), 01-Dec-05 09:29 PM, #33
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gosen the Sleepless Changelin..., Quaern (Guest), 22-Nov-05 08:27 PM, #1
     Reply My guess.., Wastey (Guest), 22-Nov-05 09:46 PM, #2
     Reply Is that even possible or a rumor? (text), Lightmaged (Guest), 23-Nov-05 10:42 AM, #5
     Reply Its possible--I guess, Kenshin (Anonymous), 23-Nov-05 11:08 AM, #6
     Reply Funny... I assumed it was you.... seriously. nt, Laearrist, 23-Nov-05 12:03 PM, #7
     Reply Im not that physcho. 6 hours or so and Im ready for sl..., Lightmaged (Guest), 23-Nov-05 12:19 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Is that even possible or a rumor? (text), Valguarnera, 23-Nov-05 01:45 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Is that even possible or a rumor? (text), gosen (Guest), 25-Nov-05 12:14 PM, #15
     Reply RE: My guess.., gosen (Guest), 25-Nov-05 12:11 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Gosen the Sleepless Changelin..., gosen (Guest), 25-Nov-05 12:10 PM, #13
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43100 Previous topic | Next topic