Subject: "(Deleted) {NONE} Ariadne, Adherant of the Sun" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37992
Show all folders

Ariadne (Guest)Mon 09-May-05 05:56 PM

#37992, "(Deleted) {NONE} Ariadne, Adherant of the Sun"

Well this was certainly a failed experiment for me. It was my first a lot of things - First time playing Battle, first Warrior, and first time trying to follow a god with a non empowered class. I think I semi succeeded in only the last!

I was trying to do something unique with Ariadne, someone in Battle who didn't necessarily kill all mages. I wanted to leave good mages alone, monitor neutral ones and make them pay for it if I saw them do something bad, and kill all evil mages. I particularly built her role around killing Scion. However, I had gotten some wise advice from the Venerable Nepenthe for this character - stay at level thirty and learn how to PK. (Cause I have no idea - obviously) Unfortunately, there really aren't any Scions in my range at level 30, making the learning experience incompatable with the character concept. Dear, Wise Nepenthe also said that everyone's first Battle experience should be as a Berserker to really "get the feel" for it.

Couple of goodbyes -

Innis - thank you. Your religion has a great concept, I was hoping some day I would have been good enough for a tattoo. I could tell you thought my concept of sphere music elf battle berserker was a little crazy, but were willing to roll with it if I was.

Ordasen - I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. I shouldn't have logged on from work today when I could only give it half my attention and my boss was trying to drag me off to a meeting. I wish you would have been a little more patient with me, I thought that once I figured out what I was doing I could have been a good berserker, but now I guess we'll never know.

Azeg - I'm sorry, I didn't know quite what to do with this friendly duergar. I was pretty sure Innis would flay me if I accepted help from you. I wasn't trying to be cowardly, and frankly, I didn't actually know how to get to Azuremain.

Gerylanst - Thanks for giving me a chance and the induction. I think if we could have had that talk today I could have convinced you to let me stumble my way slowly towards being a good berserker, but unfortunately things didn't work out that way! You seem like a really solid commander, though.

I've heard that people pretty much serially play Battle, it seems like an "Old Boy's Club" sometimes if you will. I'm going to try and walk away from this experience with no hard feelings, but I don't know if I'd try it again for a while.

Anyways! See you all out on the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(Deleted) {NONE} Ariadne, Adherant of the Sun [View all] , Ariadne (Guest), Mon 09-May-05 05:56 PM
Reply RE: (Deleted) {NONE} Ariadne, Adherant of the Sun, Innis, 10-May-05 12:24 AM, #5
Reply Did you ever find the Arixorthian? =P, Pro-man (Guest), 09-May-05 10:49 PM, #4
Reply RE: Did you ever find the Arixorthian? =P, Ariadne (Guest), 10-May-05 07:01 AM, #6
     Reply Nobody studies classics anymore., Classicist (Guest), 10-May-05 03:50 PM, #8
Reply Give battle another shot., LarcatDude (Guest), 09-May-05 10:25 PM, #3
Reply Why does everyone I meet that is interesting delete 5 m..., Bird Guy (Guest), 09-May-05 09:52 PM, #2
Reply Sorry!, Ariadne (Guest), 10-May-05 07:31 AM, #7
Reply It can be hard..., ordasen, 09-May-05 08:59 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #37992 Previous topic | Next topic