Subject: "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27620
Show all folders

Hamashor (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 09:54 AM

#27645, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"

"Hamashor: I know you disliked me, but Ayik trusted you in battle. I think you knew what you were doing, so I tried to not give you too much ####."

In character, yes. It was very much a tolerate/dislike (lukewarm version of love/hate) relationship.

You know, you said a lot of the things I wanted to say in my farewell... not all of it, but the stuff pertaining to Battle kind of not having any active imms right now struck a chord. I wimped out, though. I don't like being perceived as a whiner, and why do I really care, after all? Do I play this game for the immortals' amusement, or for mine?

However, after paying to see Hamashor on the PBF and getting NO immortal comments -- not even something negative, from a non-Battle imm, like, "Watched this guy group with an Outlander so the Outlander would benefit from him killing the Captain -- would a berserker do that?" Then I watched my farewell thread slide down the page without a single comment from any imm, or even Jinroh (I have a feeling that deleting instead of con-dying invalidates your character in his eyes). Suddenly I felt somewhat justified in having been so worn out with the character. I tried SO hard to be a berserker... was I so uninteresting? No title, no tattoo, no Vet status, no compliment over CB, not even a kobold coming to kick me in the shins. No interaction at all. At one point, I even dreamed of getting a third legacy or something, but I couldn't hold out for another 150+ hours without SOME indication that, yes, I was being watched.

Again, I'm not playing this game to amuse the imms, or for Happy Glowing Comments (TM) on the BF, but immteraction is a crucial element in my eyes. To play your heart out and not be recognized in the least is, well, disheartening. I guess I can see why so many have disappeared in the last couple weeks. I'm not giving up on the village yet, though. I hope you won't either.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic[DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason [View all] , Ayik (Guest), Thu 03-Jun-04 10:19 PM
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Hutto, 07-Jun-04 07:57 PM, #23
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Phaelim (Anonymous), 07-Jun-04 05:47 PM, #21
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 07-Jun-04 07:22 PM, #22
Reply Oh well., Jin roh (Guest), 04-Jun-04 07:59 PM, #19
Reply RE: Oh well., Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 08:05 PM, #20
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Stef (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:22 PM, #15
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:41 PM, #17
     Reply Specs.., Stef (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:54 PM, #18
Reply You played your char well, or so I thought..., Crastian (Guest), 04-Jun-04 10:03 AM, #13
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Hamashor (Guest), 04-Jun-04 09:54 AM #12
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:21 PM, #14
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Fhin (Guest), 04-Jun-04 08:47 AM, #11
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Elijsie (Guest), 04-Jun-04 04:52 AM, #10
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:25 PM, #16
Reply Well, warrior (Guest), 04-Jun-04 04:03 AM, #9
Reply annoying but a decent villager, Baendraa (Guest), 04-Jun-04 03:50 AM, #8
Reply [Tower] Jaynus male human - necromancer :) n/t, oneman (Guest), 04-Jun-04 03:35 AM, #7
Reply eh!, nobody rager (Guest), 04-Jun-04 02:25 AM, #6
Reply Sigh..., Var gal (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:58 AM, #4
Reply Cabal shift, Sashindar (Guest), 03-Jun-04 11:35 PM, #2
Reply RE: Cabal shift, Ayik (Guest), 03-Jun-04 11:38 PM, #3
Reply Some more input, Ayik (Guest), 03-Jun-04 10:28 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Some more input, Elijsie (Guest), 04-Jun-04 02:03 AM, #5
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27620 Previous topic | Next topic