Subject: "[DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27620
Show all folders

Ayik (Guest)Thu 03-Jun-04 10:19 PM

#27620, "[DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"

( I have most of Ayik's life summed up in my head now, so I decided to not wait for his post and just go ahead and do it myself).

Well, where to start. I rolled Ayik in hopes of learning how to fight from the shadows. After being assassinated numerous times by numerous people, fighting (almost?) hundreds of assassins, I decided that I would celebrate my year on being CF with starting a character with the same numbers as my first - an arial assassin. Though it was quite a ride, in the end I was denied for something I was really hoping for - so I decided to call it off. There was no point for me to be a bastard and mope around near the Village, not doing anything.

First of all, I suck with assassins. I'll say it, I'll admit it, it's said. Not only do I think the assassin class is a very one-sided class to play, I think it can get very boring when assassinations become so random. Now, I don't mean to say that assassinations are COMPLETELY random, but there were a number where I had almost 100% surity that I would pull them off.. and didn't (and died). My style of playing is one that just goes completely opposite against assassins - something that unfortunately shone through with this character. I like to get in the battle, not watch from the sidelines. I like to have things revolve around me (who doesn't?), not sit and let idiots guide everyone else to eventual failure. Which brings me to the next point..

The Village. Yes, I've had about 4 Villagers to date. Putting that in to mathematical terms, thats 70% of my characters who were in the cabal. I think it's time for a break. There are a number of factors pertaining to this, some which I will mention now. One, is the lack of Immortals involved with the cabal. Though this has been spoken by others (some stating its a 'mud problem', not just a cabal one), I feel the need to state my opinon on it. When you have a cabal that remains Imm-less for a few months, things begin to drag. Your efforts, begin to die off in vain. I saw some really cool #### pulled off by the likes of Vlaugniur, Jinroh, Hamashor, Janakt etc. What did they get from it? Not even a message saying 'that was schweet y0!'. This all came to a climax when a few days ago I typed "who pk" and saw the only people who were hero and not have titles/last names, were in Battle. It's just a drag knowing that your bottom of the barrel when it comes to anything in the cabal wars.

The Village is something that needs alot of guidance. I really think the purge was a stupid idea for the same reason why I have always thought it was a stupid idea. If you just purge something, then leave without a trace, you've just ####ed things up - not fix them. Now if Ordasen was around more often, it would be different. I could see him guiding the berserkers, ordering people around etc. Not now. Now, we have berserkers who should be scouts, scouts who should be berserkers and people who shouldn't even be in the Village. I've seen more mistakes come from 'my' side of a cabal war then I have from my enemy's. This sort of thing really pisses me off (and it was showed through my characters act of leading, which failed - eventually leading to more defeats). I can't count on my hands the number of time some Villager did something so absurd and not admit he was wrong, that I want to find them in real life and smack them upside the head. At first, I thought it was just role/sphere. "That's pride, ####ing with you". Then it just came to the point where EVERYONE I spoke to had a pickle up his/her ass and not want to learn from their mistakes. In a cabal where leadership, organization is absolutely MANDATORY, where there is no immortal around and the leader is rarely on.. it just becomes #### to play alongside egotistical idiots.

So, with that said, I'm done with the Village. I'm also done with alot of things. I'm done posting on the official, I'm done posting on the unofficial. I have found that involving myself in the community just makes this game more of a competition then.. a game. It's my personality to want to help people - but sometimes the way I want to help isn't the way other's want to be helped

So, on the goodbyes. If I forgot you, which is likely I will, then reply and I will reply as well. This character isn't necessarly old.. just stale, like a type of donut no one wants to eat. As usual, anyone replying with pointless flames/trolls will be ignored.

Immortals:
-----------

Phaelim: Yeah, you're first you bad boy . Well, what can I say. Thanks? Thanks a #### load? You took an almost aimless character and made him something worth playing (for a while). Your guidance, presence (damn dood DO YOU SLEEP?), titles, interaction etc are all valuable not only to this MUD, but to me. I appreciate everything you've done. I always thought it would be sort of ironic to have a Phaelim tatt'd Villager. One thing I have to apologize for, though is the lameness of my role. I find it hard to translate things to words. Just trust me, my role was alot cooler in my head You keep rocking, it was a pleasure to have your tat and sorry for deleting. I hope I represented your religion well.

Ordasen: Saw you once. You said 'Fight on'. I understand life is #### and life requires time, but do us all a favour and pass on the torch or show up? Thanks.

Thror: I wish you were around more. You simply kick alot of ass. For a character without emotion and one who looks at things logically, I tried to show you my time of day and show my appreciation. I just wish you'd show up more.. cause the Village needs you.

Sabiene: Still the "Mother of Battle". If it was up to me, you'd have Imm status. ;D

Grogim/Kastellyn: Never saw yaz.

Valg: Thanks for the conversation. I hope you understand why I deleted. I'll try again later.

Immortals in general: I want to give you all a shouts. You all kick ass.

Scion:
-------

At first, I was impressed. As of right now, I am not. I don't care how many times it's been said, but I am really begin to think you are related somehow. Mass logins/logoffs are ####ing lame. I don't know why you have your last names, but alas, it's not my call. Some I didn't mind (Zavin, Jyslin), while other's.. well

I was going to post a whole bunch of flames, but I don't think it's worth it. You all know how I feel about you. I'm not impressed one bit.

Empire:
--------

Once again, some impressed me, other's didn't. Not gonna waste my time mentioning the losers. Grottimgesh, you owned me. Blitzenturt, I wanted to stick a sword in your back (IC ).

Tribunal:
-----------

I don't know, I think with my hatred I'll make an Outlander. What can I say? Most of you are powergaming idiots. Everytime I would be bitched at by Lemath/Traba, I would sit back and wonder why the hell you are gnomes (?). Caelestis/Gjourriec/Sarayih/Manden: You're all alright. Just stop pissing in me cereal!

Outlander:
--------

Didn't interact with you doods/ettes enough to get a feeling for you. Good luck beating manacles/guards/vigilance.

Fortress:
-----------

The only pleasent interactions I had. I think you guys were the only ones I didn't mind my entire characters life span. Audriel, you are a perfect Acolyte. Celembrior, good luck with the Captain spot. Everyone else if I interacted with you, drop a tell.

Herald:
--------

I tried my best to stay away from you guys/gals. I think I did an alright job.

Battle:
--------

The only cabal where I interacted with on a daily basis (for obvious reasons). I know alot of you hate me, both IC and OOC. Well, for some, the feeling is mutual. As I said before, some of you really put a drag on the cabal. Not only do you NOT know what your doing, you talk so much #### I could fill a bucket with it. At about the end, I almost went OOC and tried to lead the 'troops' around. I attempted to demonstrate leadership but it was lost on people who let their ego's speak for them. Good luck fighting half the MUD (and whatever mage cabal comes in). I'm done with you for a while.

Jinroh: You still rock. Sorry for disappointing you. Good luck leading the grunts

Janakt: My favourite defender. I am totally impressed with your playing ability. Where have you been?

Vlaugniur: One of my favourite berserkers. You really kicked some ass.

Hamashor: I know you disliked me, but Ayik trusted you in battle. I think you knew what you were doing, so I tried to not give you too much ####.

Vargal: We ran and kicked alot of ass. Ayik thought you were competent in battle, something that is VERY hard to get from that logical bastard

Dilerath: I see good things in your future. You're competent and I'm impressed with your bawls. Keep it up dood, you might have a high position.

Fhinsdry: Not impressed with you one bit. You went from hating me to liking me to hating me.. pick something, will ya?

Olofo/Sammie/Kerlos/Nimurul/Ardic/Merari: Nothing bad to say about you.

Krodren: Man, you are retarded. Though, I am still shocked with killed Traba and Talabrina at Centurions (that #### made me laugh for 5 minutes straight).

Iborenn: A competent defender.

Everyone else, if I forgot about you reply and I'll tell you what I thought. Ayik was really displeased with the Village's lack of logical actions and thoughts... almost a translation of my feeling OOC. I deleted rather then rag on you guys some more. Know, though, *I WILL BE BACK!* muahhah! >

Well, this wraps it up. I forgot alot of #### and when I remember it I'll post it. Ayik was a character who became a huge chore to logon, play and keep connected. I was given alot of love from immortals so I tried my best.. but I just couldn't last it out. Sorry guys/gals.

As it is with me the player, I'm now going to quit posting and just step back and start fresh. No more flames, no more bitching, no more logs. I consider myself someone who knows the game well now, so I want to put that knowledge to good. I want to enjoy this game again, like I did when I first began playing it. Peace everyone.

- Jaynus

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic[DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason [View all] , Ayik (Guest), Thu 03-Jun-04 10:19 PM
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Hutto, 07-Jun-04 07:57 PM, #23
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Phaelim (Anonymous), 07-Jun-04 05:47 PM, #21
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 07-Jun-04 07:22 PM, #22
Reply Oh well., Jin roh (Guest), 04-Jun-04 07:59 PM, #19
Reply RE: Oh well., Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 08:05 PM, #20
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Stef (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:22 PM, #15
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:41 PM, #17
     Reply Specs.., Stef (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:54 PM, #18
Reply You played your char well, or so I thought..., Crastian (Guest), 04-Jun-04 10:03 AM, #13
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Hamashor (Guest), 04-Jun-04 09:54 AM, #12
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:21 PM, #14
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Fhin (Guest), 04-Jun-04 08:47 AM, #11
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Elijsie (Guest), 04-Jun-04 04:52 AM, #10
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:25 PM, #16
Reply Well, warrior (Guest), 04-Jun-04 04:03 AM, #9
Reply annoying but a decent villager, Baendraa (Guest), 04-Jun-04 03:50 AM, #8
Reply [Tower] Jaynus male human - necromancer :) n/t, oneman (Guest), 04-Jun-04 03:35 AM, #7
Reply eh!, nobody rager (Guest), 04-Jun-04 02:25 AM, #6
Reply Sigh..., Var gal (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:58 AM, #4
Reply Cabal shift, Sashindar (Guest), 03-Jun-04 11:35 PM, #2
Reply RE: Cabal shift, Ayik (Guest), 03-Jun-04 11:38 PM, #3
Reply Some more input, Ayik (Guest), 03-Jun-04 10:28 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Some more input, Elijsie (Guest), 04-Jun-04 02:03 AM, #5
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27620 Previous topic | Next topic