Subject: "[DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27620
Show all folders

Ayik (Guest)Thu 03-Jun-04 10:19 PM

#27620, "[DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"

( I have most of Ayik's life summed up in my head now, so I decided to not wait for his post and just go ahead and do it myself).

Well, where to start. I rolled Ayik in hopes of learning how to fight from the shadows. After being assassinated numerous times by numerous people, fighting (almost?) hundreds of assassins, I decided that I would celebrate my year on being CF with starting a character with the same numbers as my first - an arial assassin. Though it was quite a ride, in the end I was denied for something I was really hoping for - so I decided to call it off. There was no point for me to be a bastard and mope around near the Village, not doing anything.

First of all, I suck with assassins. I'll say it, I'll admit it, it's said. Not only do I think the assassin class is a very one-sided class to play, I think it can get very boring when assassinations become so random. Now, I don't mean to say that assassinations are COMPLETELY random, but there were a number where I had almost 100% surity that I would pull them off.. and didn't (and died). My style of playing is one that just goes completely opposite against assassins - something that unfortunately shone through with this character. I like to get in the battle, not watch from the sidelines. I like to have things revolve around me (who doesn't?), not sit and let idiots guide everyone else to eventual failure. Which brings me to the next point..

The Village. Yes, I've had about 4 Villagers to date. Putting that in to mathematical terms, thats 70% of my characters who were in the cabal. I think it's time for a break. There are a number of factors pertaining to this, some which I will mention now. One, is the lack of Immortals involved with the cabal. Though this has been spoken by others (some stating its a 'mud problem', not just a cabal one), I feel the need to state my opinon on it. When you have a cabal that remains Imm-less for a few months, things begin to drag. Your efforts, begin to die off in vain. I saw some really cool #### pulled off by the likes of Vlaugniur, Jinroh, Hamashor, Janakt etc. What did they get from it? Not even a message saying 'that was schweet y0!'. This all came to a climax when a few days ago I typed "who pk" and saw the only people who were hero and not have titles/last names, were in Battle. It's just a drag knowing that your bottom of the barrel when it comes to anything in the cabal wars.

The Village is something that needs alot of guidance. I really think the purge was a stupid idea for the same reason why I have always thought it was a stupid idea. If you just purge something, then leave without a trace, you've just ####ed things up - not fix them. Now if Ordasen was around more often, it would be different. I could see him guiding the berserkers, ordering people around etc. Not now. Now, we have berserkers who should be scouts, scouts who should be berserkers and people who shouldn't even be in the Village. I've seen more mistakes come from 'my' side of a cabal war then I have from my enemy's. This sort of thing really pisses me off (and it was showed through my characters act of leading, which failed - eventually leading to more defeats). I can't count on my hands the number of time some Villager did something so absurd and not admit he was wrong, that I want to find them in real life and smack them upside the head. At first, I thought it was just role/sphere. "That's pride, ####ing with you". Then it just came to the point where EVERYONE I spoke to had a pickle up his/her ass and not want to learn from their mistakes. In a cabal where leadership, organization is absolutely MANDATORY, where there is no immortal around and the leader is rarely on.. it just becomes #### to play alongside egotistical idiots.

So, with that said, I'm done with the Village. I'm also done with alot of things. I'm done posting on the official, I'm done posting on the unofficial. I have found that involving myself in the community just makes this game more of a competition then.. a game. It's my personality to want to help people - but sometimes the way I want to help isn't the way other's want to be helped

So, on the goodbyes. If I forgot you, which is likely I will, then reply and I will reply as well. This character isn't necessarly old.. just stale, like a type of donut no one wants to eat. As usual, anyone replying with pointless flames/trolls will be ignored.

Immortals:
-----------

Phaelim: Yeah, you're first you bad boy . Well, what can I say. Thanks? Thanks a #### load? You took an almost aimless character and made him something worth playing (for a while). Your guidance, presence (damn dood DO YOU SLEEP?), titles, interaction etc are all valuable not only to this MUD, but to me. I appreciate everything you've done. I always thought it would be sort of ironic to have a Phaelim tatt'd Villager. One thing I have to apologize for, though is the lameness of my role. I find it hard to translate things to words. Just trust me, my role was alot cooler in my head You keep rocking, it was a pleasure to have your tat and sorry for deleting. I hope I represented your religion well.

Ordasen: Saw you once. You said 'Fight on'. I understand life is #### and life requires time, but do us all a favour and pass on the torch or show up? Thanks.

Thror: I wish you were around more. You simply kick alot of ass. For a character without emotion and one who looks at things logically, I tried to show you my time of day and show my appreciation. I just wish you'd show up more.. cause the Village needs you.

Sabiene: Still the "Mother of Battle". If it was up to me, you'd have Imm status. ;D

Grogim/Kastellyn: Never saw yaz.

Valg: Thanks for the conversation. I hope you understand why I deleted. I'll try again later.

Immortals in general: I want to give you all a shouts. You all kick ass.

Scion:
-------

At first, I was impressed. As of right now, I am not. I don't care how many times it's been said, but I am really begin to think you are related somehow. Mass logins/logoffs are ####ing lame. I don't know why you have your last names, but alas, it's not my call. Some I didn't mind (Zavin, Jyslin), while other's.. well

I was going to post a whole bunch of flames, but I don't think it's worth it. You all know how I feel about you. I'm not impressed one bit.

Empire:
--------

Once again, some impressed me, other's didn't. Not gonna waste my time mentioning the losers. Grottimgesh, you owned me. Blitzenturt, I wanted to stick a sword in your back (IC ).

Tribunal:
-----------

I don't know, I think with my hatred I'll make an Outlander. What can I say? Most of you are powergaming idiots. Everytime I would be bitched at by Lemath/Traba, I would sit back and wonder why the hell you are gnomes (?). Caelestis/Gjourriec/Sarayih/Manden: You're all alright. Just stop pissing in me cereal!

Outlander:
--------

Didn't interact with you doods/ettes enough to get a feeling for you. Good luck beating manacles/guards/vigilance.

Fortress:
-----------

The only pleasent interactions I had. I think you guys were the only ones I didn't mind my entire characters life span. Audriel, you are a perfect Acolyte. Celembrior, good luck with the Captain spot. Everyone else if I interacted with you, drop a tell.

Herald:
--------

I tried my best to stay away from you guys/gals. I think I did an alright job.

Battle:
--------

The only cabal where I interacted with on a daily basis (for obvious reasons). I know alot of you hate me, both IC and OOC. Well, for some, the feeling is mutual. As I said before, some of you really put a drag on the cabal. Not only do you NOT know what your doing, you talk so much #### I could fill a bucket with it. At about the end, I almost went OOC and tried to lead the 'troops' around. I attempted to demonstrate leadership but it was lost on people who let their ego's speak for them. Good luck fighting half the MUD (and whatever mage cabal comes in). I'm done with you for a while.

Jinroh: You still rock. Sorry for disappointing you. Good luck leading the grunts

Janakt: My favourite defender. I am totally impressed with your playing ability. Where have you been?

Vlaugniur: One of my favourite berserkers. You really kicked some ass.

Hamashor: I know you disliked me, but Ayik trusted you in battle. I think you knew what you were doing, so I tried to not give you too much ####.

Vargal: We ran and kicked alot of ass. Ayik thought you were competent in battle, something that is VERY hard to get from that logical bastard

Dilerath: I see good things in your future. You're competent and I'm impressed with your bawls. Keep it up dood, you might have a high position.

Fhinsdry: Not impressed with you one bit. You went from hating me to liking me to hating me.. pick something, will ya?

Olofo/Sammie/Kerlos/Nimurul/Ardic/Merari: Nothing bad to say about you.

Krodren: Man, you are retarded. Though, I am still shocked with killed Traba and Talabrina at Centurions (that #### made me laugh for 5 minutes straight).

Iborenn: A competent defender.

Everyone else, if I forgot about you reply and I'll tell you what I thought. Ayik was really displeased with the Village's lack of logical actions and thoughts... almost a translation of my feeling OOC. I deleted rather then rag on you guys some more. Know, though, *I WILL BE BACK!* muahhah! >

Well, this wraps it up. I forgot alot of #### and when I remember it I'll post it. Ayik was a character who became a huge chore to logon, play and keep connected. I was given alot of love from immortals so I tried my best.. but I just couldn't last it out. Sorry guys/gals.

As it is with me the player, I'm now going to quit posting and just step back and start fresh. No more flames, no more bitching, no more logs. I consider myself someone who knows the game well now, so I want to put that knowledge to good. I want to enjoy this game again, like I did when I first began playing it. Peace everyone.

- Jaynus

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Hutto, 07-Jun-04 07:57 PM, #23
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Phaelim (Anonymous), 07-Jun-04 05:47 PM, #21
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 07-Jun-04 07:22 PM, #22
Reply Oh well., Jin roh (Guest), 04-Jun-04 07:59 PM, #19
Reply RE: Oh well., Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 08:05 PM, #20
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Stef (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:22 PM, #15
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:41 PM, #17
     Reply Specs.., Stef (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:54 PM, #18
Reply You played your char well, or so I thought..., Crastian (Guest), 04-Jun-04 10:03 AM, #13
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Hamashor (Guest), 04-Jun-04 09:54 AM, #12
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:21 PM, #14
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Fhin (Guest), 04-Jun-04 08:47 AM, #11
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Elijsie (Guest), 04-Jun-04 04:52 AM, #10
Reply RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason, Ayik (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:25 PM, #16
Reply Well, warrior (Guest), 04-Jun-04 04:03 AM, #9
Reply annoying but a decent villager, Baendraa (Guest), 04-Jun-04 03:50 AM, #8
Reply [Tower] Jaynus male human - necromancer :) n/t, oneman (Guest), 04-Jun-04 03:35 AM, #7
Reply eh!, nobody rager (Guest), 04-Jun-04 02:25 AM, #6
Reply Sigh..., Var gal (Guest), 04-Jun-04 12:58 AM, #4
Reply Cabal shift, Sashindar (Guest), 03-Jun-04 11:35 PM, #2
Reply RE: Cabal shift, Ayik (Guest), 03-Jun-04 11:38 PM, #3
Reply Some more input, Ayik (Guest), 03-Jun-04 10:28 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Some more input, Elijsie (Guest), 04-Jun-04 02:03 AM, #5

HuttoMon 07-Jun-04 07:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
234 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27751, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #0

</LURK>

Generally trying to lead the 'grunts' of Battle with a character they do not respect is an effort in futility.

This is not an attack on you -- I've never met your character. I'm just basing this on what you said here about yourself.

Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak

<LURK>

Phaelim (inactive user)Mon 07-Jun-04 05:47 PM
Charter member
#27746, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #0

I would have posted this sooner, but I've been away a bit. You did a all around good job in the cabal and religon from what I saw (and I watch a lot). You represented the religion well from the angle you played it (I did design the religon to accept just about anyone, so there isn't much of a 'unique' person to roll for it), which I think you knew. I'm not a freebie person, everything you got from me you earned. My comment on your PB post has my only gripe, which in the grand scheme was minor.

Ayik (Guest)Mon 07-Jun-04 07:22 PM

#27749, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #21

I think with my characters I'm still stuck on the 'lawful-chaotic' sort of stuff.. it's something I gotta work on. I pretty much picked chaotic because I thought Ayik wouldn't put other's thoughts into his actions or choices (he was ignorant). I didn't know if this represented chaotic but usually chaotic can be a easy enough default choice. After you said some stuff about my ethos and I re-read my role.. I sort of realized what angle I was trying to play and how I should have fixed it. Thanks for the help, you are up there with 'Immortals who kick alot of ass'.

;D

hcm@clanpra.com if you want to say anything else.. peace

Jin roh (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 07:59 PM

#27667, "Oh well."
In response to Reply #0

First, I would like to say you were an interesting character and played a strange but viable and good angle for a villager. I thought you did pretty well.

The place you ran into problems, and this is wholey character level, is your attitude and way you spoke with others. You wonder why no one listened to you was because you were a condecending bastard. It was strange when I told you that if you want to be a leader, start earning it with others, and instead of doing that, a number of villagers asked me, "Why did you make Ayik leader of Scouts?". I never did any such thing, yet instead of earning it, you just put my name out there that you got appointed, and started ordering people around, now that is entertainment.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your stint as a villager. As for your comment that I am hardly around, that is a flat out lie. I am on, per week, about 25 hours. It may not be when you are playing, but I'm about. Good luck with your next.

Ayik (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 08:05 PM

#27668, "RE: Oh well."
In response to Reply #19

That's the thing. I never said that "I AM NOW THE LEADER OF THE SCOUTS". The thing's I said were just that I bear responsbility for the Scouts, yadda yadda. This was a self-appointed position, without any real authority. However, people misunderstood it. Once again, people refused to understand what I was trying to do and just wrote it off as someone who was a condescending asshole.

Stef (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 12:22 PM

#27655, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #0

I remember that one time I walked up on you and apparently surprised you in Phaelim's temple, and you said you'd never be surprised again.

I thought you were well-played, and as you got more adapted into the role and following under Phaelim you just exploded with some changes really refining your character it seemed.

I do remember logging in one day and seeing you as the voice of reason, and jealousy in my struck out slightly like 'bastard! why cant I be something cool like that' but I didnt let that last long and thought 'wow, he must be doing real good/great/etc, great for him'

I don't think there was ever a time when I hated your char/disliked you/etc, there are irritating times (as everyone might encounter) where someone else tells them how they should be a warrior or play or whatnot, which I personally appreciate getting told how to improve at times, but like all things.. you do learn better from your mistakes and whatnot.

(Sorry, writing this while I am working.. so its getting a bit frayed)

In summary, I liked Ayik, you went from 'eh an assassin' to 'wow, cool tactical leader-type assassin' and I was glad when you re-entered the village again.

What'd you think of Stef if/at all.. I know we had our little bouts and times, and IC I was closer to the other assassins of battle than you (but being a true emotionless tactician as you were, not being close can be expected)

Good luck on your next though.

Ayik (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 12:41 PM

#27659, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #15

You'd be surprised, but the jealousy thing sort of rang with me as a player when I first saw you in Phaelim's temple. Sometimes I get so arrogant to think that my ironic tat's/cabals will never be thought of.. it looked like I was wrong here. When I saw you on the temple, the first thing I thought was 'wtf, am I really needed or something?'. Then I put it together. The glasses in your description, the last name... then I thought, dammit I'm not being unique. However, I got over it as time progressed. You weren't playing the same thing I was, so why should I have cared?

As we began to fight alongside each other I began to semi-appreciate your actions and conversations. What some know and what I will tell you, is that when I play a Villager I want the Village to succeed. I get very competitive with this game and that drives me to do stupid-OOC things. Bitching at the Villagers on occasions were one of them. Sometimes I have to remember that when I played Kriack, I made more mistakes and ####ed other people up then people are doing now. So this is why I'm trying to fix my mentality of the GAME. I want it to remain a GAME for me and hopefully when I come back to the Village, I'll be less of an ass.

One more thing I have to say is I was VERY impressed with your ability to stick around and get your spec's back (did you lose them?). If you did, man, I would never have the drive to do that . Well done, see you around.

Stef (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 12:54 PM

#27661, "Specs.."
In response to Reply #17

Yea, I was level 39, just about to hit level 40.
Bam, neutral (because I was grouped with Betraal and a bridge)
Betraal also went neutral..
We stuck it out a bit, and hit 40.
My specs were gone (and I'd have to use a prac to learn them again later) and I could not take a new spec (and I could not take any legacies as well)

But I decided to go back to basics.. if this were to happen, im like a pre-20 warrior without specs anyway.
I could take on any non-warrior with specs easily, its the warriors which made it difficult. As Eli said to me before as he saw it.. when I destroyed some raiding Invoker (without specs) using only the best I could in tactics given the situation, that was a definite turning point.

I'd have to say.. losing my specs was one of the best things which happened to Stef.

Crastian (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 10:03 AM

#27647, "You played your char well, or so I thought..."
In response to Reply #0

you were always a pain in the ass to avoid, especially when I'd just be walking down Eastern, then I'd sense danger and ***WHAM***, I was being swung at by an Assassin that just tried to assassinate me...
I'd say Ayik wasn't bad, better luck with the next...

Hamashor (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 09:54 AM

#27645, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #0

"Hamashor: I know you disliked me, but Ayik trusted you in battle. I think you knew what you were doing, so I tried to not give you too much ####."

In character, yes. It was very much a tolerate/dislike (lukewarm version of love/hate) relationship.

You know, you said a lot of the things I wanted to say in my farewell... not all of it, but the stuff pertaining to Battle kind of not having any active imms right now struck a chord. I wimped out, though. I don't like being perceived as a whiner, and why do I really care, after all? Do I play this game for the immortals' amusement, or for mine?

However, after paying to see Hamashor on the PBF and getting NO immortal comments -- not even something negative, from a non-Battle imm, like, "Watched this guy group with an Outlander so the Outlander would benefit from him killing the Captain -- would a berserker do that?" Then I watched my farewell thread slide down the page without a single comment from any imm, or even Jinroh (I have a feeling that deleting instead of con-dying invalidates your character in his eyes). Suddenly I felt somewhat justified in having been so worn out with the character. I tried SO hard to be a berserker... was I so uninteresting? No title, no tattoo, no Vet status, no compliment over CB, not even a kobold coming to kick me in the shins. No interaction at all. At one point, I even dreamed of getting a third legacy or something, but I couldn't hold out for another 150+ hours without SOME indication that, yes, I was being watched.

Again, I'm not playing this game to amuse the imms, or for Happy Glowing Comments (TM) on the BF, but immteraction is a crucial element in my eyes. To play your heart out and not be recognized in the least is, well, disheartening. I guess I can see why so many have disappeared in the last couple weeks. I'm not giving up on the village yet, though. I hope you won't either.

Ayik (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 12:21 PM

#27654, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #12

I know it is a cabal-wide sort of annoyance, when you pretty much figure that none of your actions are going to be noticed (and perhaps rewarded). I don't have problems with this PERSAY, as you can see, Ayik was given some Imm love. However, it really starts to drag when I see other cabals getting 'wub' by doing the exact same thing people around me are doing - consistent roleplay. Then it's just a natural step to look at myself and think 'do I deserve more?'.

No, I'm not the beginning and end of roleplaying on this MUD. Most of bitching was for other people. I saw alot of cool ####, alot of #### I think deserved to be rewarded go unmentioned on PB or in game... which is very disheartning. However, I'm not done with the Village. I'm just going to lay low for a while.. because when I play a Villager I tend to become a #### .

So it's other classes for me now.

Fhin (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 08:47 AM

#27644, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #0

HOLY #### - You were Kackrik? man I loved that bastard sorry I spanked you in the rites.
Not who I was expecting at all.

Elijsie (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 04:52 AM

#27635, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #0

speaking of retarded i couldnt even post in your goodbye thing correctly... DOH? Anyway I respected you and as you can see in my other post hated you. It was wierd I liked your other characters, and Im impressed that you were able to go from extreme to extreme kackrik-ajoal-and now ayik. If you dont mind shooting me an email you can relay your personal thoughts about elijsie, because well I think you disliked me somewhat... hopelessdwarf@yahoo.com . Good luck with the next!

Ayik (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 12:25 PM

#27656, "RE: [DELETED][BATTLE] Ayik, the Silent Blade of Reason"
In response to Reply #10

Well you hit it in the money, pretty much. After I played Kackrik, I wanted to see what extremes I could play. First, I played an-annoying-hyper-excited-bird-thing named Ajol. Then I decided to go from that extreme to Ayik. Silent, lets everyone do the talking for him, observant, intelligent. I think Ayik was the hardest so far. About 50 hours before my deletion, I pretty much stopped from playing MUD and thought "damn, I'm not playing Ayik like I wanted to". This was exactly why I began to feel burnt out about the Village and about the character. I was letting myself down and people around me.

I don't really dislike anyone in this MUD (or this board). Consider Ayik a tactician who placed you on his side but found that you were almost useless to him in battle. This isn't an OOC thing, it's just the way I played Ayik. I know your past characters and we always seem to run into each other .

Keep it trucking though, your the last arial assassin in battle (?) this time.

warrior (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 04:03 AM

#27634, "Well"
In response to Reply #0

I have more words to say but think I will wait a little

your general problem - you think that you are clevest man in this world - YOU ARE WRONG - if you cant play assasins - dont play

If you dont understand your cabal members - keep silence or ask them

If your cabal members killed you in some way or just ignoring you
problem in you not in them...think about it

I saw many fights with you - ohh man - you are realy stupid or this
your first assasin...

Jaynus - stop whining and complaining

Baendraa (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 03:50 AM

#27633, "annoying but a decent villager"
In response to Reply #0

Annoying because you seemed to have a thing about hiding from tribs in Galadon so you could try to assassinate them, which is effective, but not once word gets around as to your use of the tactic. Nevertheless it means some boring spamming on the trib's part to stay alive.

Also annoying in that you seemed to hang around near other villagers which meant that fighting them always left the risk that you'd pop up and join in, and consequently that committing to the fight too much might get me double-teamed. Similarly I had a worry that when I was fighting you, they might jump in too. People say that village berserkers don't do this, but I've learnt from experience that some do.

Finally annoying in that sometimes you'd reply and sometimes you wouldn't. Your role explains that well enough, but I found it very confusing at the time because most people always reply or never reply. It's unusual to have an in between.

What did impress me about Ayik was that you'd make attempts to retrieve alone, and were reasonably effective in that when you didn't succeed, at least you didn't die in a foolish manner.

I still think you have room for improvement on the class though. For example, hiding outside the city but within scanning range, so I knew exactly where to run to fog you, is something a skilled assassin shouldn't be doing.

I would recommend that you play a non-outlander mage for two reasons. Firstly to get a perspective on the village from the outside again (because even the most hardened village nuts often change their view when they have to fight villagers) and secondly because if you find assassins boring, it is not a stretch of the imagination to think you might find sitting in chamo boring.,

oneman (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 03:35 AM

#27632, "[Tower] Jaynus male human - necromancer :) n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nobody rager (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 02:25 AM

#27631, "eh!"
In response to Reply #0

hehe damned wise bastard assasin

but damned hells! this not good at all
another one gone..

Var gal (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 12:58 AM

#27628, "Sigh..."
In response to Reply #0

To me, you did come off as an asshole. But generally, you weren't saying stupid things. To me, that is what makes a real asshole. I was hoping maybe you'd get a Veteran position, or something along those lines. The Village could use another leader at this point, because as much as I like Jinroh from a players perspective, I really hate the fact that I've seen him a total of 5 times since being inducted. Oh well, thats probably just because of my playing time.

Good luck on whatever you make next. Hopefully it'll be a Villager.

Sashindar (Guest)Thu 03-Jun-04 11:35 PM

#27625, "Cabal shift"
In response to Reply #0

There are many cabal shifts. I remember many times when the Village would come and take our item and we could do nothing for quite some time. I was fearful of you at first, because you always seemed to strike me when flight fell. Quite annoying. After you left my range...and then I returned into your range...I never really saw you much. As an arcane I hate fighting the village because of spellbane. Hence when we did cross paths it was usually with a bashing warrior or two. I can start breathing a sigh of relieve with practically the whole village deleting in the past week or two. And not all of us have last names!

Ayik (Guest)Thu 03-Jun-04 11:38 PM

#27626, "RE: Cabal shift"
In response to Reply #2

Sometimes I would wait around for 5, 10, even 15 minutes real time waiting for some mage's flight to fall. Then the tripping fun, with two jeweled broadswords, would begin. This was in my role as I made Ayik out to be one who 'observed' people before he killed them.

Ayik (Guest)Thu 03-Jun-04 10:28 PM

#27621, "Some more input"
In response to Reply #0

Ayik was a hard character for me to play. There were times when I would scream at the monitor, hit things around me or gulp massive amounts of beer in anger (try it, it works! ;D). Ayik though, wouldn't do anything that would display emotion - so I had to keep it at the bare minimum. He was VERY hard to play. Anything that would be 'illogical' to say, do, eat, drink, be etc etc I wouldn't do. Alot of times I would sit for minutes trying to think what my next sentence would be and have to edit it in my head with words that would cut the emotion out of it. Though it was fun for a while, eventually it was lost on people who thought I was just being an asshole.

Enemy's would talk to him and he MIGHT reply, but only if it did not reveal anything about himself. He took everything from every corpse because frankly, it's illogical to let other's kill you with the #### you left them. I tried to translate things like this into the game. I tried looking at everything from a very logical point of view, even if it meant I was pulling out my hair IRL (which is a big factor in Ayik's deletion).

Elijsie (Guest)Fri 04-Jun-04 02:03 AM

#27630, "RE: Some more input"
In response to Reply #1

Ahh man. IC I wanted to rip your face off. I hate Ayik in every single aspect, as I am sure you felt the same about me. Though at times I respected your ability to stand back and review situations most of the time you just liked to make "logical remarks" that you knew would get people. I was happy when you rejoined the Village, I thought you were gonna delete. Good luck on the next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #27620 Previous topic | Next topic